By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 Review Thread!

Tagged games:

Aldro said:
Dr.Grass said:
brendude13 said:
Dr.Grass said:
I'm sorry, but this thread is turning out into a pathetic mess.

Reminds of of teenage girls freaking out and almost dying when they saw the Beetles. Some of you guys here have really lost my respect with your ridiculous excitement of,

''OMG ITS UP TO 94 AGAIN GO! ND GO! GO! GO!!!!''

You are (some of you at least) grown men ffs.

How will ANYONE take any debate with you seriously after acting like this I do not know. I pity people who are legitimate 360 fans on this site - I'm starting to see what they have to go through.

I don't understand. What's wrong with being excited over a meta-score? It's exciting to see where it will land, and how close it will come to its predecessor. It would be just as pathetic for a "360 fan" to get all hot and bothered over something like this. It's not the console people care about, it's Naughty Dog.

Didn't you make a bet on this months ago anyway? 

I agree it's exciting.

However, being repeatedly deflated/elated by a drop/rise of 1% on Metacritic (which by all accounts isn't an exact science to begin with) is...you know.

Thing is, if this is such a major thing then, for example, GT5's meta should induce depression in some. 

Excitement and continual updates are very apt for this thread - yes. But scrolling page after page of  ''OMG 10!!!'' leaves a rather bitter taste in the mouth. A backlash is expected after a negative comment like that, but it just seems like a good discussion is being drowned away with fanatacism.

With regards to the bet - I made it because it was fun, and I was pretty much convinced that I couldn't lose. In all probability Homer will make an alt account instead of carrying around the burden for 30 years anyway.

Maybe the 1% is related to the fact that my bet was 93 and Andrespetmonkeys was 94 xD

That would be a good point if it weren't for the fact that you've mentioned several times that you hope you lose the bet.

Around the Network

To whoever said being excited about a metascore is childish, I'm a child.

Andrespetmonkey said:
To whoever said being excited about a metascore is childish, I'm a child.

+1,
Im probably the biggest child in here..
AND IM PROUD OVER THAT!

:D

Infact, im so childish that I should be reading Chemistry for my test tomorrow, but I am pressing F5 waiting to get an Uncharted 3 voucher for the beta XD.

Off topic, but I've always hated people who tell one that they need to grow up, or that people are immature. There are times where being "mature" is necessary (At job (depending on the job), church, funerals, formal events, when asked to do something you do it rather than being a bitch, etc.). Why can't people be childish during other times? Honestly, the ideas behind our society where you have to act mature once you are grown up is absolute bullshit. And honestly, the internet is the ABSOLUTE last place where I would ever expect somebody to act mature.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
Off topic, but I've always hated people who tell one that they need to grow up, or that people are immature. There are times where being "mature" is necessary (At job (depending on the job), church, funerals, formal events, when asked to do something you do it rather than being a bitch, etc.). Why can't people be childish during other times? Honestly, the ideas behind our society where you have to act mature once you are grown up is absolute bullshit. And honestly, the internet is the ABSOLUTE last place where I would ever expect somebody to act mature.

Cum farts

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
brendude13 said:
Dr.Grass said:
I'm sorry, but this thread is turning out into a pathetic mess.

Reminds of of teenage girls freaking out and almost dying when they saw the Beetles. Some of you guys here have really lost my respect with your ridiculous excitement of,

''OMG ITS UP TO 94 AGAIN GO! ND GO! GO! GO!!!!''

You are (some of you at least) grown men ffs.

How will ANYONE take any debate with you seriously after acting like this I do not know. I pity people who are legitimate 360 fans on this site - I'm starting to see what they have to go through.

I don't understand. What's wrong with being excited over a meta-score? It's exciting to see where it will land, and how close it will come to its predecessor. It would be just as pathetic for a "360 fan" to get all hot and bothered over something like this. It's not the console people care about, it's Naughty Dog.

Didn't you make a bet on this months ago anyway? 

I agree it's exciting.

However, being repeatedly deflated/elated by a drop/rise of 1% on Metacritic (which by all accounts isn't an exact science to begin with) is...you know.

Thing is, if this is such a major thing then, for example, GT5's meta should induce depression in some. 

Excitement and continual updates are very apt for this thread - yes. But scrolling page after page of  ''OMG 10!!!'' leaves a rather bitter taste in the mouth. A backlash is expected after a negative comment like that, but it just seems like a good discussion is being drowned away with fanatacism.

With regards to the bet - I made it because it was fun, and I was pretty much convinced that I couldn't lose. In all probability Homer will make an alt account instead of carrying around the burden for 30 years anyway.

We are just really passionate about this seires. Just let us enjoy it man! I want it to be as high as it for 2 reasons, first being Naughty Dog is an incredible team and deserves the best possible scores for the best game in one of the best gaming franchises ever made. Second being my bet with Aldro.

PS time: 10/10

http://translate.google.es/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%...

Lo bueno:

* Graphically stunning, the best in consoles today.
* History up to the best film productions.
* Section art and sound excellent.
* Great combination of action and exploration parties.

The bad:

* That may be the last we see in Uncharted PlayStation 3.

Baalzamon said:

It's just a way to put other people down.

Another perfect score has come, this one is from CBS News: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501366_162-20125972/review-uncharted-3-another-interactive-treasure/

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Will deffo get this when I get a chance, just pre-occupied with another epic console exclusive, I fear.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.