By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 Review Thread!

Tagged games:

Aldro said:
mantlepiecek said:
Its possible batman is a better game than uncharted. The devs of uncharted try very hard to keep the game accessible to everyone which will obviously dumb down the gameplay a bit. You will hardly find anyone saying uncharted is a hard game.

Hard =/= Good

I judge how good a game is based on the experience I go through and from that, U2 is a 10/10 in my book and Arkham Asylum is a 8/10.

I havent played UC3 nor AC so I can't comment on that, but it feels very likely that I won't be sitting with a my mouth wide open when playing Arkham City.

We're all different, but I prefer Uncharted more just like Ethomaz.

EDIT: My favourite games this gen has been Metal gear solid 4, God of war 3 and Uncharted 2+3 mainly because of the Whoa stuff that constantly comes. Its just the type of gamer that I am. I tried platinuming Uncharted 2 but to no success. Crushing was too difficult to me XD.

I haven't even played arkham asylum, love uncharted 2, but I think it would have been better if it had more complicated gameplay elements. More accessible doesn't mean easy, it just means easier to understand and learn.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
Aldro said:
mantlepiecek said:
Its possible batman is a better game than uncharted. The devs of uncharted try very hard to keep the game accessible to everyone which will obviously dumb down the gameplay a bit. You will hardly find anyone saying uncharted is a hard game.

Hard =/= Good

I judge how good a game is based on the experience I go through and from that, U2 is a 10/10 in my book and Arkham Asylum is a 8/10.

I havent played UC3 nor AC so I can't comment on that, but it feels very likely that I won't be sitting with a my mouth wide open when playing Arkham City.

We're all different, but I prefer Uncharted more just like Ethomaz.

EDIT: My favourite games this gen has been Metal gear solid 4, God of war 3 and Uncharted 2+3 mainly because of the Whoa stuff that constantly comes. Its just the type of gamer that I am. I tried platinuming Uncharted 2 but to no success. Crushing was too difficult to me XD.

I haven't even played arkham asylum, love uncharted 2, but I think it would have been better if it had more complicated gameplay elements. More accessible doesn't mean easy, it just means easier to understand and learn.

Read what I said above about Shadow of the Colossus. Its a very simple gameplay, yet its quite hard because you have to actually think on how to best each Colossus and they're all unique.

Cant bother to discuss it further xP. Some enjoy complicated gameplay, others enjoy a more simple gameplay. I believe it's not as simple as : "Game A has simple gameplay thus its not as good as Game B". Uncharted's charm, Co-Op and especially the SP experience is what makes me giggle like a schoolgirl and that, to me, made Arkham Asylum feel like a repetetive game and nothing more. We are all different individuals.

mantlepiecek said:

*facepalm*

That's why there are different difficulty levels. Anything less than hard is for casuals or people trying to just experience the game.

Same thing could be said of Gears, but when we had our Gears 3 weekend we never played on anything except hard mode since we consider ourselves as gamers - even if that meant that the one boss took 2 hours to finally beat.

Aldro said:
mantlepiecek said:
ethomaz said:
mantlepiecek said:

You played Uncharted and Uncharted 2 in crushing difficult??? They are hard like a hell... almost impossible to finish because some part.

I agree... Batman could be better... the first game is really good... but I think they are just different types of games... some like more Uncharted (me) and other more Batman.

Anyway... both are AMAZING.

Completed uncharted on crushing. But I was talking about the gameplay mechanics being hard, not the gameplay itself. For eg a lot of people found splinter cell hard to understand....or so said ubisoft. The older SC were obviously better games than the new conviction.

Gameplay mechanics being hard doesnt mean they are more enjoyable though.

R1 to grab, analog to move, x to jump. Simple as that really XD but its still considerd as the "best game of PS2" by many including myself.

Shadow of the colossus has quite an easy gameplay mechanic;

I am not sure how to respond to that. I just know that uncharted could have been better if it had more challenging sections other than the ending. And by challenging I don't mean more enemies that take more bullets to kill, by challenging I mean God of war type puzzles, MGS4 and demon's souls styled bosses. No ridiculous hints at the bottom.

Its a very good game and probably the best adventure game this gen, though.

mantlepiecek said:
Aldro said:
mantlepiecek said:
ethomaz said:
mantlepiecek said:

You played Uncharted and Uncharted 2 in crushing difficult??? They are hard like a hell... almost impossible to finish because some part.

I agree... Batman could be better... the first game is really good... but I think they are just different types of games... some like more Uncharted (me) and other more Batman.

Completed uncharted on crushing. But I was talking about the gameplay mechanics being hard, not the gameplay itself. For eg a lot of people found splinter cell hard to understand....or so said ubisoft. The older SC were obviously better games than the new conviction.

R1 to grab, analog to move, x to jump. Simple as that really XD but its still considerd as the "best game of PS2" by many including myself.

I am not sure how to respond to that. I just know that uncharted could have been better if it had more challenging sections other than the ending. And by challenging I don't mean more enemies that take more bullets to kill, by challenging I mean God of war type puzzles, MGS4 and demon's souls styled bosses. No ridiculous hints at the bottom.

Fair enough xP

I WANT MOAR REVIEWS >:(

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
mantlepiecek said:

*facepalm*

That's why there are different difficulty levels. Anything less than hard is for casuals or people trying to just experience the game.

Same thing could be said of Gears, but when we had our Gears 3 weekend we never played on anything except hard mode since we consider ourselves as gamers - even if that meant that the one boss took 2 hours to finally beat.

I am not sure why you are facepalming. Uncharted is very easy to pick up and play. Nothing about it is complicated. Even on crushing the only thing that changes is the health of the enemies and yours. The AI for the most part remains the same.

Making a game too simple in mechanics can be a bit negative on gameplay. That's all.

Off topic...

Delivered now in my home the 3D HDTV Samsumg D8000 51" I brought just for play Uncharted 3... the game is to be released 11.11.11 in Brasil.

I'm so happy... just waiting more five hours at work before go home to play with my new toy .

mantlepiecek said:
Aldro said:
mantlepiecek said:
ethomaz said:
mantlepiecek said:

''by challenging I mean God of war type puzzles''

You have lost the plot completely.

Sorry but Batman only has less accesible controls due to its large amount of gadgets and stuff. But it's easy as hell if you don't rush the stealth sections. Batman even "tells himself" how to solve puzzles and beat the bad guys. I wouldn't say it's harder than Uncharted.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Dr.Grass said:

''by challenging I mean God of war type puzzles''

You have lost the plot completely.

O really? Have you played God of war 1? I don't want uncharted to actually be as hard as demon's souls anyway.

God of war has better puzzles than uncharted any given day. At least it doesn't tell you the solution prior to you solving it.