By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Forza Motorsport 4 VGC Car Club Official Thread.

yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
I'm a little disappointed with the Warthog, because it looks so much like the old Warthogs. I was REALLY hoping that with Halo 4 343 would make the daring and awesome move of jumping the series a hundred or more years into the future. Chief has been in cryo. What's the point of that if he just comes out ten years later? Such a wasted opportunity to really make the new trilogy look and feel different, (while maintaining the gameplay of course).

Good point naz. They really could have made it look new and different, but I think with the inclusion of all the new forerunner stuff they will give it the breath of fresh air it deserves.

Maybe they will still do that? Maybe Forza 5 will have that new vehicle. Either way, having a Warthog can't mean that the rest of the game won't be different.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
I'm a little disappointed with the Warthog, because it looks so much like the old Warthogs. I was REALLY hoping that with Halo 4 343 would make the daring and awesome move of jumping the series a hundred or more years into the future. Chief has been in cryo. What's the point of that if he just comes out ten years later? Such a wasted opportunity to really make the new trilogy look and feel different, (while maintaining the gameplay of course).

Good point naz. They really could have made it look new and different, but I think with the inclusion of all the new forerunner stuff they will give it the breath of fresh air it deserves.

Maybe they will still do that? Maybe Forza 5 will have that new vehicle. Either way, having a Warthog can't mean that the rest of the game won't be different.

But it's not that there is a warthog, it's that it's the SAME warthog (basically). I mean, I can't be the only one who thinks it would have been a good idea to jump the universe a hundred years into the future or so. It could still play like Halo, but it's a new trilogy, and it makes sense for some things to CHANGE. I'm a big Halo fan, and reviewed Reach for the site, but I don't need another Reach. I already have that game. I want a new Halo with new technologies, vehicles, aliens, weapons. Bungie gave me the best Halo in the current iteration already, so it's a pretty big letdown for me that 343 is sticking with that, instead of moving things forward. 

Can I join your club? Xbox Live ID = dark lich13

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

yo_john117 said:
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
kiefer23 said:
Everyone should do the Top Gear Test track in a reasonably priced car on rivals mode and see who can get the best time :)

Only stock Kia Cee'd and no tuning set ups so it's all about skill.

I just did it and got second behind you. You are pretty sick at Forza 4! I did almost perfect and you still beat me by almost 2 seconds.

I'll give it whirl soon. ;)

Looks like I'm in for 3rd place :P

I did 1m43.984.

:)

I still tink I can do nearly a second quicker. I made some errors. :)

darklich13 said:
Can I join your club? Xbox Live ID = dark lich13

Request to be invited.

Gamertag is YO mUThEr

Around the Network
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
kiefer23 said:
Everyone should do the Top Gear Test track in a reasonably priced car on rivals mode and see who can get the best time :)

I just did it and got second behind you. You are pretty sick at Forza 4! I did almost perfect and you still beat me by almost 2 seconds.

I did 1m43.984.

That is crazy! I don't understand how you do that lol.

yo_john117 said:
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
kiefer23 said:

I did 1m43.984.

just apply real world techniques to the game. Forza 4 replicates real driving extremely well.

Id say at 1m46 your probably not carrying enough speed on entry and exiit. Espcially the last 2 corners. Theres alot of time to be had in those 2 corners.

selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
kiefer23 said:

I did 1m43.984.

just apply real world techniques to the game. Forza 4 replicates real driving extremely well.

Id say at 1m46 your probably not carrying enough speed on entry and exiit. Espcially the last 2 corners. Theres alot of time to be had in those 2 corners.

yep last two corners are make or break

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
kiefer23 said:

I did 1m43.984.

That may be my problem cause the last 2 corners are where I screw up on the most.

naznatips said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:

But it's not that there is a warthog, it's that it's the SAME warthog (basically). I mean, I can't be the only one who thinks it would have been a good idea to jump the universe a hundred years into the future or so. It could still play like Halo, but it's a new trilogy, and it makes sense for some things to CHANGE. I'm a big Halo fan, and reviewed Reach for the site, but I don't need another Reach. I already have that game. I want a new Halo with new technologies, vehicles, aliens, weapons. Bungie gave me the best Halo in the current iteration already, so it's a pretty big letdown for me that 343 is sticking with that, instead of moving things forward. 

Well it doesn't have to go 100 years in the future to change the game. I understand what you mean, you want the story to take a big twist, kind of how Metroid Prime deviated from the main story. I agree with you, but I'm just saying this doesn't necessarily mean the game won't be too different. For all we know there will be more Spartans (rumours are some survived Reach and fled to Onyx), Master Cheif could be low on energy for his suit (he is stranded) making the game survival horror...lol. Anything can happen.

Maybe there are more vehicles, and the Warthog will be one of a few vehicles 343 kept for the new Halo. They can't change everything you know, and the Warthog is iconic.

343 likely won't change the formula too much because they want people to stay with Halo, and they need to get the feel right. However I think they might change Halo enough to mimic Gears 3's changes over Gears 2.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results