By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Walking Dead season 2 thread **SPOILERS**

Loving this season so far. Can't wait for next episode and the friend vs friend fight. Also, yeah, I'd shot the kid on the fence and just left.

In a doomsday scenario you can't continue to care for the lame ducks. Its back to full evolutionary tactics of survival of the fittest. Especially, when you have no family/friendship relation to the guy and there are tons of walkers coming.

me: "sorry, at least this is painless and you won't be a zombie." (BAM shot through the head.)

Around the Network
chris.m95 said:
toadslayer72 said:
Well we are back online. First off, I have to say I was wrong as could be about Herschel. I am glad that he's seeing the light though, it was a quick 180 but I'm glad it's happened, maybe he won't be so annoying now.

What can I say, another great episode. It's funny that those two Philly guys were far more threatening than the damn walkers could be. I mean with the walkers it's like, ok they want to eat me....that's it. Regular humans in that world is like, ok, they want to drink my water, fuck my wife, steal my guns, plot and scheme to take me over. That's worse than biting zombies. I'm so glad Rick bucked those dudes down. I knew right from the get go that there was going to be some gun play but I did think that Glen would be involved with his rifle. I guess Rick's cop's instincts just took over.
I'm guessing that Lori's little car accident will serve as an abortion for Rick's/Shane's baby, a nice and tidy way clean up that storyline. Also, that chic back at the farm who has a fever.......I'm gonna guess she'll become a walker even though it didn't look like she was bitten or scratched. Perhaps a new way to contract the walker virus.

Interesting views there but i liked hershal before. Yh he was too fixed on his ideas but he showed the others hope and sometimes thats the quality you need to survive in those situations. I sorta feel sorry for im because hes now lost everything he believed in.  Also can i just say I HATE shane. He is a right dickhead and he seems to be getting worse. Think hes gonna kill the old guy next (i forget his name) but i hope its rick who finally kills/exiles him. I think that the girl whos sick will become a walker too unless hershal stops drinking and gets back to her ASAP. 

I never got the sense of hope from him though, I mean I know he was talking the talk but i don't think he represented that to the group. I always felt like he was an old stubborn bastard in denial, just not willing to accept the reality. I forgot to mention before though regarding Herschel the way he stayed calm when those guys were trying to shoot em up and the way he handled himself with Glen in the back of the building. I bet he has a more colorful history like badass war vet or something.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

dj2one said:
Rick is starting to annoy me with his warped sense of morality they should have shot the guy on the fence and bounced.

Also Glen and his over emotional self are getting annoying her needs to man up.

Shane is a bad ass cant wait to see him and Rick go at it

Couldn't have said it any better.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
chris.m95 said:
toadslayer72 said:
Well we are back online. First off, I have to say I was wrong as could be about Herschel. I am glad that he's seeing the light though, it was a quick 180 but I'm glad it's happened, maybe he won't be so annoying now.

What can I say, another great episode. It's funny that those two Philly guys were far more threatening than the damn walkers could be. I mean with the walkers it's like, ok they want to eat me....that's it. Regular humans in that world is like, ok, they want to drink my water, fuck my wife, steal my guns, plot and scheme to take me over. That's worse than biting zombies. I'm so glad Rick bucked those dudes down. I knew right from the get go that there was going to be some gun play but I did think that Glen would be involved with his rifle. I guess Rick's cop's instincts just took over.
I'm guessing that Lori's little car accident will serve as an abortion for Rick's/Shane's baby, a nice and tidy way clean up that storyline. Also, that chic back at the farm who has a fever.......I'm gonna guess she'll become a walker even though it didn't look like she was bitten or scratched. Perhaps a new way to contract the walker virus.

Interesting views there but i liked hershal before. Yh he was too fixed on his ideas but he showed the others hope and sometimes thats the quality you need to survive in those situations. I sorta feel sorry for im because hes now lost everything he believed in.  Also can i just say I HATE shane. He is a right dickhead and he seems to be getting worse. Think hes gonna kill the old guy next (i forget his name) but i hope its rick who finally kills/exiles him. I think that the girl whos sick will become a walker too unless hershal stops drinking and gets back to her ASAP. 

I never got the sense of hope from him though, I mean I know he was talking the talk but i don't think he represented that to the group. I always felt like he was an old stubborn bastard in denial, just not willing to accept the reality. I forgot to mention before though regarding Herschel the way he stayed calm when those guys were trying to shoot em up and the way he handled himself with Glen in the back of the building. I bet he has a more colorful history like badass war vet or something.

Yh i want him to have some history come into play, somet that ben haunting him for a long time explaining why he is so protective of his family

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Im a Rick fan and wanted Shane to pay for his actions, but when he was in that bus I hopped that rick would help him. I dislike him but I would prefer if he finds his way and they become a team. If Shane does anything against Rick now his death is deserved.

Around the Network

Loved it! I'll tell you what, I haven't really been liking Rick all that much even though I could always appreciate his integrity. I also haven't cared for Shane's aggro ass even though I could definitely appreciate his logic. But Rick went a long way tonight in getting me in his camp. First, I loved his straight up, "This is how it's gonna be Shane" approach to Shane, it really reminded me of a father putting his kid in check. That's MY wife, MY son and MY baby. I liked what he said about his own strength too, very sage like talking about the strength it took not to fuck Shane up all that time. Again, like a mature person schooling some young buck full of piss and vinegar, he's more big picture. Shane's idea of strength is just pure muscle, go stomp out the problem and keep it moving, on to the next fire to stomp out. I've kind of viewed it that way too until tonight. I guess Rick just put it all together in this episode, leadership and I'm with it for the most part. But I don't think Shane is gonna be that cool with it. The shit with Lori and the baby is too much for him emotionally. It sucks because Shane is a good soldier, definitely a dude you want having your back. I'm hoping that whole baby angle gets put to bed with a miscarriage resulting from the car accident.

I'm wondering about the young guy that they had tied up and were supposed to leave in that town. When he was killing that one walker, it seemed like he enjoyed it. Dude was talking shit to her before he started stabbing the shit out of her head, which also had about 4 too many stabs. Then when he was driving the suv after they saved Shane, he was all amped up and loving the chaos. I think he's a little crazy, be best if they kill him.

spurgeonryan said:

The problem with Shane is that the whole world is like him now. All those women and children cannot live with his type of work. Getting in fights, going after walkers, etc. When will he stop?
Rick needed to beat his Ass to have a chance in the future. Just too bad everyone was not around to see it. What happened to Glen? He usually goes on rides. Rick is not killing that kid. He did not leave Shane and he did not leave the kid before. I wish the redneck character would get over whatever his problem is.

Lastly are we going back to the barn again? Oh my god, I cannot spend any more time with the barn that took up half the season.

#edit

Lori is done. I cannot stand her.

Yeah, I'm seeing that now about how it's more important for Rick's way in this world. It's because EVERYTHING is so crazy that Rick's way needs to endure. 

As far as Rick killing that kid (ha ha, just rememberd I used to call jerking off, killing the kids), he did say to Shane at the end something about how they will probably have to kill him. But then he went on to say that he needs time to think about it and that it shouldn't be so easy to kill people. So I think you underestimate Rick's willingness to do it. If he comes to realize it's for the greater cause, then he'll do it without a problem.

I disagree with those who don't like Rick's morality. This morality is the only thing keeping everyone from going ape nuts turning against each other. Rick's morality is a much better survival tactic than Shane's ideals, and I have yet to see Rick's plans cause any damage to the group, unlike Shane's.

That said, I am seeing a crazy side start to develop for Rick as his instincts to protect his family are starting to take away some sense. I can't wait to see next week to see if his compassion for the boy will be overruled by his concern for his son, baby, and starting-to-get-bratty wife. I don't like Andrea's personality at all or her stance on suicide, but she wasn't wrong in what she said about her.

RCTjunkie said:
I disagree with those who don't like Rick's morality. This morality is the only thing keeping everyone from going ape nuts turning against each other. Rick's morality is a much better survival tactic than Shane's ideals, and I have yet to see Rick's plans cause any damage to the group, unlike Shane's.

That said, I am seeing a crazy side start to develop for Rick as his instincts to protect his family are starting to take away some sense. I can't wait to see next week to see if his compassion for the boy will be overruled by his concern for his son, baby, and starting-to-get-bratty wife. I don't like Andrea's personality at all or her stance on suicide, but she wasn't wrong in what she said about her.

All well put points. This makes me think of how good the show is because it seems like there are a few characters that you just can't go too far in one direction of like and dislike. There is always that, "I agree but...." or "I don't like so and so but they were right", lol.

Poor Dale. He was the show's true voice of reason, and now he's gone. Carl's now the most annoying character on this show. Also, why is T-Dog even on this show? He's completely useless.