By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461

I don't like threads like these in general as the few people who try to debate in a civilised manner gets drowned in an ocean of fanboytears.
It is sad that people, who I suppose are older than five, feel the need to downplay other games to feel good about their own games or themselves. It is sad to see people purposely making devilishly terrible comparisons, just to win an argument that they lost the moment they had to resort to such childish methods. It's pathetic how some people just can't accept that their opinion isn't law, that not everyone likes or prefers the same things that they do. It's embarassing how some people instead of admitting being wrong - when they obviously are - goes into a state of denial where they use their shield of pure insanity (not talking about the user here ) to deflect all logic and sense thrown at them.

Now, judging from the video in the OP and the very few comparisons that makes sense I'd say that both look and sound great but F4 does it a little bit better overall. The sound is more realistic and the environment looks better. That doesn't necessarily mean that I'd choose to get F4 over GT5 but the comparison was between graphics and sound and nothing else.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Som standar cars are ungly... some pretty near premium.

Same car...

Another...

Try other like...

Nissan Bluebird Rally Car
Toyota 2000GT
Audi R8 LMS
RUF' Yellow Bird CTR
A4 and TT touring cars
M3 Race car
Some of the Racing NSX

If you want I can take some pictures from standard cars looking near premium .

Both of these pics are from photo mode, which adds effects and smooth’s everything out. The two photos I snapped with my camera are from the in-game replay.

Here is another tidbit of information. GT5 will not let you take close up shots of standard cars.  It tells you to step back further to save a picture.  This does not happen when taking a picture of a premium car.  This is probably due to the PS2 quality visuals that look horrible up close.

Sure take a picture (not in Photo mode) of any standard car and compare it to the same care in Forza 4. (Which you can’t because you don’t have Forza 4), and you will see the same results. 

I still can't believe you think the standard cars are better than Forza 4 cars. 

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:

You entered this thread just to insult me? You couldn't stop critising me in the other thread so you entered this one?

I'm the biased fanboy, yet both Booh and I are presenting valid points for each game? Opinion as facts, what the heck are you talking about?

This coming from someone who has played 25 hours of Forza 3 and GT5 combined, and never played Forza 4.

Seriously, you have an account with 31 posts. Chances are you were banned before and this is an alternate ID account. If so, stop acting this way. It ruins the forums. I can debate with countless of people in a civil manner, despite having different opinions, but you seem to have an account just to attack me. Stop it.

So I guess your a liar too cause you specifically said you've spent 150 hours with each game, and have "driven bmws around the track"*. All I'm doing is calling you on your bluff. By the way this isn't an alt. I don't need 2000 posts to speak my mind when I really need to. *Total BS.

I said 150 hours combined Forza 3 and GT5, and over 100 for prior GT's. I also said I've been on a track, and I drive a BMW, but never said BMW on the track.

Just stop trolling, everyone else stopped debating already. Everyone else is happy with the outcome.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

darklich13 said:
ethomaz said:

Som standar cars are ungly... some pretty near premium.

Same car...

Another...

Try other like...

Nissan Bluebird Rally Car
Toyota 2000GT
Audi R8 LMS
RUF' Yellow Bird CTR
A4 and TT touring cars
M3 Race car
Some of the Racing NSX

If you want I can take some pictures from standard cars looking near premium .

Both of these pics are from photo mode, which adds effects and smooth’s everything out. The two photos I snapped with my camera are from the in-game replay.

Here is another tidbit of information. GT5 will not let you take close up shots of standard cars.  It tells you to step back further to save a picture.  This does not happen when taking a picture of a premium car.  This is probably due to the PS2 quality visuals that look horrible up close.

Sure take a picture (not in Photo mode) of any standard car and compare it to the same care in Forza 4. (Which you can’t because you don’t have Forza 4), and you will see the same results. 

ethomaz - You are right, some standard cars in GT5 look nice. Some actually look like up to PS3 game quality. However the gap from standard to premium is still large, even for the cases you list.

Can you just admit that Forza 4 is a good looking game, where the cars look roughly as good as the premium cars in GT5, and move on? These bs remarks demoralize the threads. GT5 is a great game, we all know that. Forza 4 is also a great game. Many will prefer the newer Forza, many like the structure of GT5 better. Some people just buy Forza 4 for Top Gear, some buy GT5 for Rally and NASCAR.

Both games are great, and this graphics debate has lost purpose. In that Pagani video I had to take a second look to see which game was Forza and which was GT, the difference aren't that major for premium cars.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

darklich13 said:

Not better... close or on pair... Forza 4 has better cars than GT's standard but some looks close to Forza 4's cars .

I will take some standard replay pictures for you .

And in-game when Forza 4 dropped the quality over performance... the cars looks worst than GT5's standard.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
darklich13 said:

Not better... close or on pair... Forza 4 has better cars than GT's standard but some looks close to Forza 4's cars .

I will take some standard replay pictures for you .

And in-game when Forza 4 dropped the quality over performance... the cars looks worst than GT5's standard.

Pure and utter BS. I'm loosing respect for you ethomaz. You haven't even played Forza 4.

Graphics in this game shocked me because I was surprised any console game this gen could play them. Most reviewers say Forza 4 looks on par or better then GT5.

This is just trolling, please stop. NO ONE is agreeing with you, everyone is telling you to let it go.

Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
APKenna said:
The sound in Forza is overdone, when you are inside the cockpit it should not sound like if you had a third person point of view, which in fact puts GT5 already ahead by simulating the sound INSIDE the cockpit, and lighting is overdone in Forza, as it is many games to make it "look" better while hiding glitches/pixels, etc...it does look cartooish, and the environment by far is better on GT5. Bottom line, when it comes to simulating REALISM GT5 takes the trophy for sure.

Gotta love real world examples to shut up the people who haven't even played Forza 4 or pushed a car in real life.

Yeah I was actually surprised they sounded so alike. The real life one actually sounds even louder than the one in F4 but that is probably because the real life one had the windows open some.

Still they are shockingly similar. So Forza 4 sound is not overdone than...at least not for this specific car.

One thing I do know though is pretty much all cars are loud when you put the pedal to the metal. I know my 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage is pretty damn loud when I gun it (and it sounds surprisingly good for being a rather shit car in the grand scheme of things)

BTW this is a bit off topic but do you know what class my car would be in if it was in Forza? I would guess it would be a low/middle end D car but I'm not sure.

Someone pointed out the window is open in the above comparision. I want to add that cameras also distort quality, and wind noise makes the car quieter in the real life video over Forza.

The Ferrarri sounds right in Forza, as do most cars (I can vouch for the Camero, and a handful of others). Not overdone at all, Forza did a good job replicating all the little sounds a reving engine makes. Actually to be honest, most cars in real life are still much louder then in Forza 4, it could still use some work to make the lower end cars sound more racy.

As for the Mitsubishi Mirage. Low D? LOL I'll assume you have the top spec 1.6L 172bhp model. Well a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse has 210hp, and it's an F138. However the 1995 GSX is an E256 with the same engine. Also a Honda Fit with 117bhp is a F130. So wow.... it really depends on how the car handles. You are probably still a low F either way. The only way your car could be a low D was if you modified it to have 250-300bhp, and tuned the suspension to mimic a Lancer better. I bet like the Eclipse, your car does roll a lot on corners.

The top spec for my car (which I have) Is 1.8 with 111 horse power (LOL) But it's a very light car and it handles turns very well. I can go 45 (72 KPH) MPH around the cloverleaf highway exit/entrance ramps that say the 25 MPH (40 KPH) is the recommended speed without any trouble. I haven't actually tried to go as fast as I can around those corners.

Oh and i got it mixed up I forgot there was E class cars too so I meant to say low/middle E class is where I think it would probably end up.

BTW the 2003 Eclipse GTS is a E249, the 1995 GSX is a C358 and the lancers are all way up in the B spec. 

Oh it's changed since Forza 3! I had Forza 3 on, having an AI finish the last couple races so I can "complete" this game before I move onto Forza 4.

For some reason wikipedia says the 1.6L is the top spec, and it gives that HP output. Maybe it's turbocharged? I never heard of this car before or seen it, so I had to wikipedia it.

What's the Honda Fit in Forza 4? Your probably a third the way between that and the GTS.

Can you really hit 40mph on a 25mph cloverleaf onramp with that car? Are you talking about the big cloverleafs, or the smaller ones? I ask because on the ones I normally do (which say 40km/h and are smaller) I can normally only get 70km/h in a variety of cars i tried (Acura TL, BMW 318i, Camero, etc) and I only did 80km/h in a beast of a car I used to have (1986 Benz 560 SEC). However there are some bigger ones in the suburbs which I could probably get 80km or more in the first 3 cars, and 100km/h in the last.

I have the one on the very right--http://www.carsdirect.com/2001/mitsubishi/mirage/specs

Well most of the cloverleafs here have a 25 or 30 MPH warning sign on them and on the 25 MPH one's I've gone 45 MPH and could in reality go slightly faster than that.

Here's a picture of ramp that I go around quite often at those speeds: http://g.co/maps/tcqmp

It's the one going from 694 to 169 south

Also I just tested it out and I can get 0-60 in about 8.5 seconds.

ethomaz said:

Michael-5 said:

That first car is Forza Motorsport 4 you know. That first car is the better looking one.

As for GT, I'm not being subjective. In their review they said they look on par, and IGN said they look better in Forza 4.

Anyway, not getting into it. Just enjoy GT5, I'll enjoy both games.

The first car isn't the better... looks at the details man... the second car has a better interior view...  there are no shadow in Forza 4's car and lacks details in textures.

And the GT video shows the GT5's car better external too.

Christ ethomaz they look the same! 

And there are shadows in the cockpit of F4 now. I should know because I just raced last night in the cockpit mode.

GT5 is not in a different league in regards to F4...they are basically the same for both games premium cars.

Your crazy GT5 bias is really starting to get on my nerves.

yo_john117 said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Michael-5 said:

Someone pointed out the window is open in the above comparision. I want to add that cameras also distort quality, and wind noise makes the car quieter in the real life video over Forza.

The Ferrarri sounds right in Forza, as do most cars (I can vouch for the Camero, and a handful of others). Not overdone at all, Forza did a good job replicating all the little sounds a reving engine makes. Actually to be honest, most cars in real life are still much louder then in Forza 4, it could still use some work to make the lower end cars sound more racy.

As for the Mitsubishi Mirage. Low D? LOL I'll assume you have the top spec 1.6L 172bhp model. Well a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse has 210hp, and it's an F138. However the 1995 GSX is an E256 with the same engine. Also a Honda Fit with 117bhp is a F130. So wow.... it really depends on how the car handles. You are probably still a low F either way. The only way your car could be a low D was if you modified it to have 250-300bhp, and tuned the suspension to mimic a Lancer better. I bet like the Eclipse, your car does roll a lot on corners.

The top spec for my car (which I have) Is 1.8 with 111 horse power (LOL) But it's a very light car and it handles turns very well. I can go 45 (72 KPH) MPH around the cloverleaf highway exit/entrance ramps that say the 25 MPH (40 KPH) is the recommended speed without any trouble. I haven't actually tried to go as fast as I can around those corners.

Oh and i got it mixed up I forgot there was E class cars too so I meant to say low/middle E class is where I think it would probably end up.

BTW the 2003 Eclipse GTS is a E249, the 1995 GSX is a C358 and the lancers are all way up in the B spec. 

Oh it's changed since Forza 3! I had Forza 3 on, having an AI finish the last couple races so I can "complete" this game before I move onto Forza 4.

For some reason wikipedia says the 1.6L is the top spec, and it gives that HP output. Maybe it's turbocharged? I never heard of this car before or seen it, so I had to wikipedia it.

What's the Honda Fit in Forza 4? Your probably a third the way between that and the GTS.

Can you really hit 40mph on a 25mph cloverleaf onramp with that car? Are you talking about the big cloverleafs, or the smaller ones? I ask because on the ones I normally do (which say 40km/h and are smaller) I can normally only get 70km/h in a variety of cars i tried (Acura TL, BMW 318i, Camero, etc) and I only did 80km/h in a beast of a car I used to have (1986 Benz 560 SEC). However there are some bigger ones in the suburbs which I could probably get 80km or more in the first 3 cars, and 100km/h in the last.

I have the one on the very right--http://www.carsdirect.com/2001/mitsubishi/mirage/specs

Well most of the cloverleafs here have a 25 or 30 MPH warning sign on them and on the 25 MPH one's I've gone 45 MPH and could in reality go slightly faster than that.

Here's a picture of ramp that I go around quite often at those speeds: http://g.co/maps/tcqmp

Oh, those are bigger then the ones I have in Toronto Canada. 45mph is really good for a car with 111hp. In Forza 4 standards, you are probably at a high F or low E rating.

Type in 600 Evans Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The on ramp just north of the red tag is the one I got a V6 Mustang to go 70km/h. However it was a test drive, in an auto. I could have gotten it up to 80km/h at least in a standard. However at 70km/h I did start to drift a bit, but I blaime the auto cause I can't pick my damn gear.

Next time I'm there I will see how fast my Acura TL (2003) can do it. I remember doing it at 70km/h before, but I wasn't able to max it because of traffic. I have an old 318i BMW too, but the engine is wearing out and I think if I try I might kill the car.

My Acura is modded a bit. My friends parents have a new BMW 328i. In a drag race I about tie it. So 0-100km/h in 8.1 seconds? My BMW probably does it in 10s. My old benz did it in 6.4s, I loved it... I want a nice car now............

Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:
Michael-5 said:

Oh, those are bigger then the ones I have in Toronto Canada. 45mph is really good for a car with 111hp. In Forza 4 standards, you are probably at a high F or low E rating.

Type in 600 Evans Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The on ramp just north of the red tag is the one I got a V6 Mustang to go 70km/h. However it was a test drive, in an auto. I could have gotten it up to 80km/h at least in a standard. However at 70km/h I did start to drift a bit, but I blaime the auto cause I can't pick my damn gear.

Next time I'm there I will see how fast my Acura TL (2003) can do it. I remember doing it at 70km/h before, but I wasn't able to max it because of traffic. I have an old 318i BMW too, but the engine is wearing out and I think if I try I might kill the car.

My Acura is modded a bit. My friends parents have a new BMW 328i. In a drag race I about tie it. So 0-100km/h in 8.1 seconds? My BMW probably does it in 10s. My old benz did it in 6.4s, I loved it... I want a nice car now............

Yeah I wish I had a nicer car as well! Don't get me wrong I really do like my current car (ions better than the POS I had before it) but I would absolutely love a Nissan 350 or 370Z. BTW I checked the 370Z out (not in real life of course ) and I think I like it better than the 350Z

My brother actually has a freaking minivan that can do 0-60 in about 6.2 seconds and the thing handles great for a van...which is just ridiculous when you think of it lol.