By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where is the Ratched and Clank All 4 One Hype

Seece said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
when i play'd the beta me and the other people i play'd with did a lot of dyeing and improvising. i'd hate to bash a Sony game but this one gets my bargain ben pick. Deadlocked is the best insomniac can hope for when it comes to co-op R&C games.

insomniac has there work cut out for them in the near future if they don't want Sony to buy them out.

LOL Deadlocked? wut?

Insomniac don't want to be bought out? They're happy enough going multiplatform.

i know there happy being independent. the multiplatform thing is up for debate considering comments made in the past about there future which are conflicting. maybe you should try re-reading my original post again and take the whole post into consideration before quoting. better yet i'll just tell you.

i wasn't impressed with the beta, and there future doesn't look to bright in my eyes with there current direction. i hope overstrike can turn things around. 

Around the Network

Insomniac on on a path to death. I was a huge Spyro fan, a bigger Ratchet fan, and thought they had something real good going this gen with Resistance and another great ratchet. Somewhere something went wrong. Resistance 2 took the series in a completely different direction. They came back with another real good ratchet game with crack in time, but then with a three year dev cycle they were still able to blow it with R3.

All 4 One is the first game out of their east coast dev house. It looks like yet again they have taken a series in a new direction, and from what I have seen around the web, series fans are not biting. I will be picking this up for sure, but I really hope Insomniac gets back in the game. The new multiplat series Overstrike already looks like a bad move, but I need to see more to be sure.

Really hope they can pull through, but they could be in some serious trouble should Overstrike flop like I think it will. If they ever did run into trouble I think Sony owes it to them to help them out, they have done a lot for Playstation, and it should not be forgotten.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Chevinator123 said:
it's doomed i bet it wont even get 125k FW, anyone?

That would be about par for the course for a Ratchet game. And considering how big of a departure from the regular formula they are taking I'd say 125k would be quite good. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I loved PS2 Ratchet n Clank's, and Tools of Destruction was awesome, but this...this game is not Ratchet n Clank

The series is pretty much over. Like Spyro before it, the series will probably try to change it up with each new one and slowly be forgotten.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

This month is too crowded with AAA games and the popularity of the franchise have declined over the decade, I love Ratchet and Clank games but I'll be buying this one on december specially for my little brother. Also there's going to be a kick ass PS3 bundle with Uncharted 3 and All 4 One

Around the Network
oniyide said:
fauzman said:

Have to agree that marketing for this game has been awful - IG have done their part releasing avatars, themes and talking about the game but sony seem to have forgotten this game especially with UC3 and other big IPs coming out now. Perhaps the game formula needs revamping, or maybe they should give this game a rest for a few years (maybe until the ps4 comes around). Sly was never that popular a series but there seems to be quite a bit of hype over it after so many years since the last release. Maybe the same thing will work with R&C?

People are hyped for Sly because there hasnt been a new Sly game in years, but R&C is a different story, no matter how good a game series is and RnC is good people will get fatigued. PS2 had four games, PSP has 2 and there have already been 3 released on PS3 one coming 2morrow. thats ten games released in tow gens, that imho is way too much, idont think even Mario had that much released between two ghens, at least noi the main series.  I was looking forward to this myself the idea seemed interesting but with Batman goming out no way i am getting this anytime

Sly 4 is hyped? I bet it'll sell just as well as this All 4 One. 

Of what I've seen of Sly 4 so far I think it looks like an HD upgrade of a PS2 game.

damn...i also forgot that this is coming out...and this for a Sony fan...damn this game is really doomed ^^

sry double-post!

I might sound like an asshole, but it comes off as a childs game, the same way that LBP does (although you can't possibly be a child to make those insane user created levels). theres way too many AAA games coming out within the next few weeks to care for a multiplayer platformer IMO. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

I've been looking forward to this game since I saw the trailer last year. My wife and I have always wanted to play co-op in a Ratchet and Clank game. I hope it works well with 2 players and 2 AI characters since our 2 year old and 6 week old boys probably won't be able to contribute much :)