3. Yoshi's Island (DS)

4. Wii Sports (Wii)

5. More English Trainings (DS)

6. Musou Orochi (PS2)

7. Pro Baseball Spirits 4 (PS2)

8. Prof. Layton (DS)

9. NARUTO -NARUTO- Shippuuden (PS2)

10. Wii Play (Wii)

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Around the Network

Number

Phoenix Wright 4 : about 250k

Mario vs DonkeyKong 2 : about 80k

Yoshi's Island DS : about 45k

More English Trainings : about 30k

Wii Sports : about 40k+some? (+70% than 4/2~4/8)

Grim Grimore (PS2): about 15k

*Pokemon D/P : total sales 5 million

Console

Wii : about 60k

DSL : about 120k

PS3 : no number (less than 15k(13539? from another source))*

PS2 : no number (less than 15k)*

PSP : about 30k

* There is a tendency to sell more PS2 than PS3 in many shops...

Source : http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

good numbers for nintendo!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
good numbers for nintendo!

Business as usual in Japan: Huge numbers for Nintendo, Sony really needs some big titles for its consoles, though psp hardware and ps2 software will continue to sell for a while still, Microsoft still in a coma.

Once again thanks for an info. I wonder how low sale of PS3 can come down in Japan. 60k a month... one week of Wii sale. Gundam (PSP) is out of top 10. It looks like it's below 25k. Paradoxically it's the best PSP Gundam ever. I don't know maybe gamers are a bit tired of this universe. 

Around the Network

thanks y koron. you're amazingly reliable.

just seems weird to have wii sport at +40k with such a steep rise while the Wii console has a much more modest progress in sales. but anyways, seems like a trend is set in japan. can't see what can be done, especially with Super paper mario and brain training coming out this month... 

kber81 said:

Once again thanks for an info. I wonder how low sale of PS3 can come down in Japan. 60k a month... one week of Wii sale. Gundam is out of top 10. It looks like it's below 25k.

Hypothetically speaking (if you look at the N64, Gamecube and Dreamcast as precident) the PS3 could easily drop to 5,000 to 10,000 units per week. Now that sounds (particularly) bad when compared to the DS and Wii but it is unusual for a trailing console to sell (much) more than 20,000 units in a given week in Japan; and it is not unheard of for them to sell less than 10,000 units.

benoit said:

thanks y koron. you're amazingly reliable.

just seems weird to have wii sport at +40k with such a steep rise while the Wii console has a much more modest progress in sales. but anyways, seems like a trend is set in japan. can't see what can be done, especially with Super paper mario and brain training coming out this month...

Sorry, This wasn't good term because it led to a misunderstanding.  The sales of Wii Sports is less than Yoshi's Island and more than More English Trainings. And +70% than last week. So I assumed about 40k and more.

When those systems dropped to 10k and below they were more or less screwed.  There were points where there was supply shortages though, especially for the gamecube at launch.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

y-koron said:

Sorry, This wasn't good term because it led to a misunderstanding. The sales of Wii Sports is less than Yoshi's Island and more than More English Trainings. And +70% than last week. So I assumed about 40k and more.

don't apologize! you're crazy, you're giving us so much info !!  thanks for the precision