By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Thing is back! Via a mediocre Remake?

Tagged games:

You still going to check this classic out?

Hell Yeah! 0 0%

Yes 2 33.33%

ya 0 0%

si 0 0%

Hell no 2 33.33%

No 0 0%

No... 0 0%

On DVD or transfer from dvd to vhs 2 33.33%

Other 0 0%

Do Pegasus fly? 0 0%

Total:6

As I said in another thread, this is actually a remake of a remake.

Carpenter's movie was a remake of the 50's movie The Thing From Beyond, which was a classic in it's own right.

I just wanted to say that I think that John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, and Ennio Morricone are all bad ass.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Couldn't even break 10 million for the weekend...Weak!!!

or for short: weakend

by the way, is that Bruce Campbell?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I'll watch it,but not on the big screen.

John Carpenters "Thing" is the only horror movie yet where the bluray added to the overall horror that the movie provides.

because now i can see that the fat guy is wearing a nose ring ewwwwww, gross

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I'll wait till it goes to rental ... nobody wanted/asked for this remake. The original was probably as close to perfect as a horror movie could get. I would watch it 1000 times and still love it ... just trying to figure out who becomes the thing / when is enough for a bunch of repeat viewing. This remake though sounds like trash that is just cashing in ... like all modern remakes.

This is just the latest entry into the sad and evergrowing list of Hollywood garbage cash-ins. Great film died with the 20th century ... nowadays I call it a good year if there is even one quality film produced.

On a side note ... I am slightly more interested in this film just for the references to the original. Still, you know something is going to be bad when all you care about are the fleeting references it might have to a vastly superior and vaguely related original source.