By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo WiiU is not a next-generation system!

It's good to have final confirmation that the PS1 and N64 were in different generations.

VGChartz

Around the Network

Wouldn't it be nice if Pachter said something good about Nintendo? Probably not, considering he is usually wrong about most of his "predictions". Keep up with the Nintendo negativity Pachter!

"Fact is we know WiiU is going to be superior to PS3/360 in almost every way. "
Not in online services...
Definitely in system specs though. But not my much. Nintendo wants to make a profit with each unit sold.

really... its like 10% more powerful then the 360... of course its not next gen.

He's just a very successful troll. The free publicity he gets helps him to sell his product, the financial analysis his company sells. He trolls, gets media attention, and people see his name reflected in a lot of news, so investors think he must have lots of inside information, when most of the time he doesn't know shit.

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:
It's good to have final confirmation that the PS1 and N64 were in different generations.

Despite Suikoden 2 being lightyears ahead of anything the 64 produced, this is about the current HD gen. Lets keep it at that. Thanks.

Carl2291 said:
milkyjoe said:

Despite Suikoden 2 being lightyears ahead of anything the 64 produced, this is about the current HD gen. Lets keep it at that. Thanks.

You must be joking. Suikoden 2 lightyears ahead than games like Conker?

Carl2291 said:
milkyjoe said:

No, I don't think I wiil. The similarities are too obvious. Thanks.

VGChartz

VGKing said:
"Fact is we know WiiU is going to be superior to PS3/360 in almost every way. "
Not in online services...
Definitely in system specs though. But not my much. Nintendo wants to make a profit with each unit sold.

Honestly, Im glad its going to be more powerful, but not too much more powerful. It will have HD, it will have better graphics, it will have good online,  and a new innovative controller.  Would the console really be any better if it had better graphics? it would just add to the cost and would serve no purpose other than adding to the cost by a lot.The only thing i would ask for this system, is to have multible controllers.

theARTIST0017 said:
DélioPT said:
We only have had a glimpse of what Wii U can do graphically and those who had a private showing seemed to be even more impressed.
Nintendo might do wonders in everything else, but if the graphics aren`t "that good" it hasn`t moved past this generation... Why is it all about graphics?

Well said. Honestly people are too focused on the graphical capabilities of games. But when do we ever stop to think about, hmm we don't know anything about the Wii U except for some tech demos. And if you ask many out there, the tech demos were very impressive. So the end question is just like how you asked, why is it all about the graphics?

I believe we can get a genuine answer until we see some graphical capabilities of ps4/nextbox.

Its not about the graphics, its about the hardware capability, graphics are a fast way to see how powerful hardware is, something that the Wii sorely lacked. Which is why it got crappy ports or no version at all of multiplat games. Wii U seems to be avoiding this, it seems to be more powerful than PS360, but i dont believe it will be that significant. Not like the difference between PS3 and Wii. Im thinking maybe PS2-Xbox and thats great. I dont think MS or SOny is going to do a massive leap like they did, so even if there systems outpower the Wii U it wont be that much and they can enjoy 3rd party support as well. Sort of like PS2/GC/Xbox