By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo WiiU is not a next-generation system!

DélioPT said:
We only have had a glimpse of what Wii U can do graphically and those who had a private showing seemed to be even more impressed.
Nintendo might do wonders in everything else, but if the graphics aren`t "that good" it hasn`t moved past this generation... Why is it all about graphics?

Well said. Honestly people are too focused on the graphical capabilities of games. But when do we ever stop to think about, hmm we don't know anything about the Wii U except for some tech demos. And if you ask many out there, the tech demos were very impressive. So the end question is just like how you asked, why is it all about the graphics?

I believe we can get a genuine answer until we see some graphical capabilities of ps4/nextbox.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

I wonder why i keep reading this mans words.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

While I disagree on the title... the argument that WiiU will get no 3rd party exclusive content is a defensible position.

It will only launch a year ahead of a neXtBox and PS4. Its very likely it will get ports with potentially primary focus of PS360 stuff and then the same the next years and their successors come out. However, that may have more to do with the shift in the market than the actual hardware of any machine. Its simply not a smart move any more for 3rd parties to plan on exclusivity.

This means that, like the situation between PS360 now, the only difference is first party published software and if any uniqueness in hardware.

So part of his argument is actually Nintendo's best suit. Its unique hardware and its very popular and unique first party software. As long as it matches or excels at online and is able to gain the AAA content of other (which hasn't really happened since early N64 or SNES. (regardless of rol's complaints on GC) The WiiU will be highly successful throughout its whole lifespan. If it fails to be close enough in raw power as to the MSony next-gen units, then it will fall a lot sooner than the Wii's plateau.

M.U.G.E.N said:
the only way he would have some cred on what he just said would be if he knew about the next xbox and ps and IF they were significantly more powerful than the WiiU...but honestly I doubt he does. don't take him too seriously on opinions like this

That's the question!

Honestly, until we know the final specs of WiiU and the nextbox and PS4 we won't be able compare them and decide if WiiU is a true next-gen console or a mid-gen console, and Pachter is no different from us. He sure know more of WiiU than us, but they knowledge about Sony and Microsoft next consoles surely is negligible.

And then, even if WiiU is not comparable to the other 2 in terms of power, their architecture is rather modern (unlike the Wii) and would be capable to run scaled down ports from the PS4/nextbox.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Solid-Stark said:

And here I thought I was the only one. . .

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network

I

JEMC said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
the only way he would have some cred on what he just said would be if he knew about the next xbox and ps and IF they were significantly more powerful than the WiiU...but honestly I doubt he does. don't take him too seriously on opinions like this

That's the question!

Honestly, until we know the final specs of WiiU and the nextbox and PS4 we won't be able compare them and decide if WiiU is a true next-gen console or a mid-gen console, and Pachter is no different from us. He sure know more of WiiU than us, but they knowledge about Sony and Microsoft next consoles surely is negligible.

And then, even if WiiU is not comparable to the other 2 in terms of power, their architecture is rather modern (unlike the Wii) and would be capable to run scaled down ports from the PS4/nextbox.

yep agree with you 100%

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I suspect he will be wrong again.

TripleMMM said:
Solid-Stark said:

And here I thought I was the only one. . .

Haha curiosity is strong in us.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

We will see at E3 2012 how wrong patcher is