By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The OG NHL thread: The Cup worth biting for

Who will win?

Chicago Blackhawks 12 80.00%

Tampa Bay Lightning 3 20.00%

Total:15

Oh boy, the Blackhawks really stunk up the joint last night.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Closely watching three teams that have turned things around as of late. The sharks are finally winning beating LA. LA who was said to be the most improved tea,m of the year cannot score goal, but has one of the best goaltenders. The only reason LA is even okay is due to the great play of Jonathan Quick. Goal tending cannot win every game so I am not sure if they can improve much.

Boston is back to winning but still is in last place. Basically all the divisions are noted up really closely and I am not liking it at all. The fight for the playoffs is just going to be crazy and the line between making them and failing is too small. They need to substantially raise the salary cap so that the teams that are willing to pay more will keep signing star players and adding new stars with good contracts. The fact is watching so many evenly matched teams constantly win and lose without much consistency gets boring.

Screw Detroit. Go Avalanche.

After starting 6-7, the Blues fired their coach Davis Payne and hire Ken Hitchcock.

Thoughts? Seems like a pretty quick decision to me.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
After starting 6-7, the Blues fired their coach Davis Payne and hire Ken Hitchcock.

Thoughts? Seems like a pretty quick decision to me.

Plan on the game style going to defensive extremes. It is a style that will win, but is ver boring to watch. His strategy of the trap which is not used now worked great for Dallas for years. It is also the style that lead to years of not many goals in the league and is also a reason for the lockout. The NHL was losing fans due to the style and they needed to change the rules of the game to add more goals. He should of changed the style of the game stategy a little and it might lead to wins.

spurgeonryan said:
You mentioned on your wall that the predators were doing well.

No I said on your wall they were average. I was wrong the are actually knotted up for 2nd in the division with Detriot. Not bad they are over .500.

You also did not answer my question I put on your wall.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Predators are playing Washington next week. Looking at the standings both teams are about even. Washington has a little bigger advantage in wins and loses. Should be a good game!

Watch the game and perhaps I will. Nobody really posts in here that watches many games, but me. That is why I moved to the NFL thread. Not even Canadians post in here, strange.

spurgeonryan said:
Predators are playing Washington next week. Looking at the standings both teams are about even. Washington has a little bigger advantage in wins and loses. Should be a good game!

Watch the game and perhaps I will. Nobody really posts in here that watches many games, but me. That is why I moved to the NFL thread. Not even Canadians post in here, strange.

Here come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

The Blackhawks destroy the Canucks 5-1. I love it!

@chocoloco You'll have to soon rename this thread "Amp316 makes random comments about the Blackhawks and no one listens."

amp316 said:

The Blackhawks destroy the Canucks 5-1. I love it!

@chocoloco You'll have to soon rename this thread "Amp316 makes random comments about the Blackhawks and no one listens."

The Hawks ared efinantly the most fun team to watch in the west.

Might start watching some more hawks, but football and skyrim have my free time. Avalanche suck and most people who post don't watch the games.