By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The OG NHL thread: The Cup worth biting for

Who will win?

Chicago Blackhawks 12 80.00%

Tampa Bay Lightning 3 20.00%

Total:15
spurgeonryan said:
Just read your new headline. Are you serious about half the league!

If you really know hockey and follow the season you will get the joke. All I will say about it is the league is trying to cut down on injuries and has been banning players like crazy since the preseason. Many fans think it is going to far and so do I.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I should also update my NFL thread with a witty headline to get more replies. I could also update my original post with some good analysis and predictions now that week 8 is almost over.

On topic: Why do some players even use a snowboard? But seriously, I don't know what "boarding" refers to.

Well there are way more NFL fans on here so you do not need as much help. :P

Boarding is checking a player into the boards aroung the ice rink when they are facing it directly. The player  most be in a position to not defend against the check/hit, being totally unaware the check is coming. This is to prevent players from breaking noises, smashing in teeth and breraking jaw bones which are all at high risk when your face is slamed into the boards when the player is unaware of what is coming.

spurgeonryan said:
chocoloco said:
spurgeonryan said:
Just read your new headline. Are you serious about half the league!

If you really know hockey and follow the season you will get the joke. All I will say about it is the league is trying to cut down on injuries and has been banning players like crazy since the preseason. Many fans think it is going to far and so do I.

I look at it in the sports section every sunday in the local paper. Other than that we go to our blackhawks here.

Good if you follow the Blackhawks than half the people that post in the thread will know about them. They gow got a good goaltender in Crawford and play a good defensive game. Basically, they are an exciting team to watch. Go buy a PS3 so you can watch them in HD or any other team. :P

trasharmdsister12 said:

chocoloco said:

1. Haha your the only reason I do not come in here and trash Detriot every time they lose. Cannot help not liking them as they have been the Avs chief rifal since 1997 when the Avalanche first entered the league.

2. Personally surprised Montreal is cold right now. Also glad Vancouver has been just because I am a Colorado fanboy.

3. Still it is good that Toronto has stayed on top and score quite a lot of goals. Toronto is in a really tough division especially facing challenges from Buffalo and Boston all the time so it will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

1. If you did trash them every time they lost this thread would probably have a lot more posts in it right now, especially given their last 5 games. As I mentioned earlier I was hoping that losing to Columbus wouldn't be the start of a slump for Detroit and it ended up being just that. Terrible stuff...

2 & 3. Edmonton and Ottawa have been on fire lately and the Leafs are looking like a strong and well-rounded contender. I hope Reimer will be 100% or close to it upon his return. It would be a huge shame if there were long term effects to his injury as he is showing immense amounts of potential and would be an amazing franchise goalie for the Leafs. Glad to see some Canadian teams picking up Vancouver's slack.

Not very excited about hockey in general now because the avs are average so I cannot make fun of D town when my D town is loosing too. Also the stupid NHL network blacksout every Avs game because the fucken owner of the avs put restrictions on them so the games can be watched only 24 hours after they happen and the score is already known, Still can watch other teams. But my main reason for buyibng the service is gone. 

Glad that many Canadian teams are doing well, but mostly I have enjoyed seeing Chicago do well and stay ahead of Detriot. Might get more excited if colorado starts getting the currently piss poor offense going.

I'd make fun of Detroit everytime that they lose since I'm a Blackhawks fan, but it would be far too time consuming.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I am surprised at how well my Penz are doing without Crosby playing and Malkin sitting in a out of games every once in a while to rest that bad knee.

GO PENZ!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
I am surprised at how well my Penz are doing without Crosby playing and Malkin sitting in a out of games every once in a while to rest that bad knee.

GO PENZ!

The team has surely learned how to win so even without their main stars they are a good team. They will probably destroy most opponents if they get their stars back on a regular basis. I would say they are about the best team in the East.

trasharmdsister12 said:
amp316 said:
I'd make fun of Detroit everytime that they lose since I'm a Blackhawks fan, but it would be far too time consuming.

I was going to suggest trying to aim for every second time they lose but that too wouldn't be good use of your time.

The weird thing is they are losing to teams that are considered the worst like Calgary and Columbus.

@ TaTs12 Did you notice Toronto won again last night and that Edmonton has now won six in a row. I am starting to believe they may continue to be really good and make the playoffs.

trasharmdsister12 said:
chocoloco said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
amp316 said:

I was going to suggest trying to aim for every second time they lose but that too wouldn't be good use of your time.

The weird thing is they are losing to teams that are considered the worst like Calgary and Columbus.

Yea, I noticed. They've fallen on really hard times to be losting to these teams. Not taking anything away from their victories over Detroit but it indicates that something is terribly wrong in the locker right now.

I'm also very happy watching Toronto and Edmonton play. Last year I'd stop watching in the third period because I knew either team would just blow it. Now they're just so much fun to watch as anything can happen in their games and when it does it seems to favour these teams.

The line between winning and losing close games is some luck, but usually an indication that the team believes in themselves and that they get get the job done more often due to confidence. I love watching the Canadian teams on Candian channels on NHL Network because I get to see how it is different from the US. It seems ver similar, yet the Canadian commercials show so much more pride in respecting the heritage of the sport and the fact that they invented it. Good stuff.