By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you do when you see a spider crawling in your house?

well, WHAT!?

Nothing! 10 9.90%

Kill it! 42 41.58%

Examine it! 6 5.94%

Torture it! 4 3.96%

Run Away! 5 4.95%

Jay, you have no life! 2 1.98%

Set it outside! 24 23.76%

Follow it to it's lair &... 2 1.98%

None of the above! 3 2.97%

All of the above! 3 2.97%

Total:101
Runa216 said:
yo_john117 said:
Runa216 said:
Chrizum said:
Runa216 said:
I pick it up and take it outside, because I feel the need to protect it from my family members...

Seriously, it bugs me that people jump on the "It scares me so it deserves to die" bandwagon. As a race, I thought we were supposed to be 'better' than that.

Please enlighten me how we are supposed to be "above" killing spiders, it sounds interesting.

it's not a very civilized thing to do when you kill something out of ignorance.  "I don't understand this thing, or I don't like the looks of it, this means I must kill it just to be safe", it sounds like something a caveman would do, not something a supposedly civilized, advanced race would do.  killing a spider because you (irrationally) fear it is just wrong, the only reason people don't give a shit about killing needlessly is because of this misplaced opinion that human life is more valuable than the life of a bug, in spite of the fact that insects, spiders, and all sorts of smaller creatures hold a much more valuable niche in the ecosystem. 

Educate yourself, and grow above killing out of fear or ignorance.  If you live in Australia or something, then I can partically understand killing spiders because it's arguably self defense, but there are few spiders that can do more than give you an uncomfortable bumps.  

Its a freaking bug dude -_-

on a scale of 1-10, how offended would you be if I said "It's just a baby, I mean, not like it's done anything in it's short life to be of any value to me"? 

Runa...I'm just going to ignore you from now on because if I say what I think about you and your "thought process" imma going to get banned.

Don't bother responding cause I wash my hands of you.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Runa216 said:

on a scale of 1-10, how offended would you be if I said "It's just a baby, I mean, not like it's done anything in it's short life to be of any value to me"? 

Runa...I'm just going to ignore you from now on because if I say what I think about you and your "thought process" imma going to get banned.

Don't bother responding cause I wash my hands of you.

it's a freakin baby, dude!  Not like it's done anything worth remembering other than cry, shit, and make its parents lives miserable. 

OUT DAMN SPOT! OUT I SAY! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Chrizum said:
Runa216 said:
I pick it up and take it outside, because I feel the need to protect it from my family members...

Seriously, it bugs me that people jump on the "It scares me so it deserves to die" bandwagon. As a race, I thought we were supposed to be 'better' than that.

Please enlighten me how we are supposed to be "above" killing spiders, it sounds interesting.

it's not a very civilized thing to do when you kill something out of ignorance.  "I don't understand this thing, or I don't like the looks of it, this means I must kill it just to be safe", it sounds like something a caveman would do, not something a supposedly civilized, advanced race would do.  killing a spider because you (irrationally) fear it is just wrong, the only reason people don't give a shit about killing needlessly is because of this misplaced opinion that human life is more valuable than the life of a bug, in spite of the fact that insects, spiders, and all sorts of smaller creatures hold a much more valuable niche in the ecosystem. 

Educate yourself, and grow above killing out of fear or ignorance.  If you live in Australia or something, then I can partically understand killing spiders because it's arguably self defense, but there are few spiders that can do more than give you an uncomfortable bumps.  

I don't kill spiders out of ignorance, and even if I did, it has nothing to with being civilized or not.

I understand you (and with you, I mean everyone) are motivated to believe we are an advanced race but we're still just automatons for the most part. When we feel threatened and there is no negative consequence for us, we kill the threat. It's that simple. Irrational or not, doesn't matter. And yes, my life is more valuable than a spider's. It's also more valuable than yours. In fact, it's more valuable than any other life I know of. And yes, I feel threatened by large spiders. There is no negative consequence for me to kill it. 1+1=2. I kill the spider, and that's all there is to it.

Also, I'd advice you to refrain from using the term "educate yourself" when debating, online or not. It can make you look a bit silly!

I live in Australia. The majority of spiders I see around the house are poisonous and are usually either redbacks or white tails. both of which are kill on site for me and if I see more than a few then it is time to get the industrial spider poison out and spray the outside of the house. My step father got bitten on the finger by a white tail 2 years ago and he lost all the flesh on his finger.

Let em be. They keep my house pest free.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
yo_john117 said:
Runa216 said:
Chrizum said:
Runa216 said:

Its a freaking bug dude -_-

XD, spiders are not even in the same legue as babies, please tell me you are not this nieve! If your really believe this garbage, then tell me, do you believe in evolution?  

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

Tony_Stark said:
Runa216 said:

XD, spiders are not even in the same legue as babies, please tell me you are not this nieve! If your really believe this garbage, then tell me, do you believe in evolution?  

first of all, it's naive, not like it matters. (the i is supposed to have two dots above it to indicate that it could be spelled 'naiive'.)  

Also, what does believing in evolution have to do with it?  Just because we can create computers and airplanes doesn't mean we're better or more valuable in the grand scheme things, just our own schemes.  The only species in the world that thinks we're all that and a bag of potato chips is us, everything else would be better off without us.  I do not believe in any way that just because our brains are more advanced than that of a spider that we're superior or that our lives are more valuable.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

i have cats, spiders dont last long. If anyone has a phobia buy a cat its like a 90% drop in spider population instantly.

Kill it asap. Spiders suck.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

I tell her, if you don't shave there's no action.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1