Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest Industry Icon Tournament: Gabe Newell Vs. Satoru Iwata

Iwata.



Around the Network

Iwata.



gumby_trucker said:
Joelcool7 said:

Satoru Iwata, Gabe Newell might be an inpiration and a great man of the industry. But Iwata turned Nintendo's fortunes around and revived them in a way no other ceo has done in the gaming world. Its a real close one as Gabe has actually made games and Iwata simply sells them and makes them successful. But I think I'd have to go on who was more impactual on the world and the slight edge would have to go to Iwata!

you, my friend, appear to be misinformed.

That wouldn't be the first time.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
gumby_trucker said:
Joelcool7 said:

Satoru Iwata, Gabe Newell might be an inpiration and a great man of the industry. But Iwata turned Nintendo's fortunes around and revived them in a way no other ceo has done in the gaming world. Its a real close one as Gabe has actually made games and Iwata simply sells them and makes them successful. But I think I'd have to go on who was more impactual on the world and the slight edge would have to go to Iwata!

you, my friend, appear to be misinformed.

That wouldn't be the first time.


In all honesty I could have sworn he worked on the first Half-Life prior to his development of Steam and such. I mean the guy co-founded Valve and it did make a game before he began work on Steam and other projects. I could have sworn he was involved in making the game. Also I was trying to be polite and give him credit where it is do. I don't think Steam comes anywhere close to any of the things Miyamoto has accomplished.

But I will admit I am not the most knowledgable when it comes to Valve! As for Rol's comment yah yah I'll catch another of your mistakes soon. Only problem is you can get away with calling them jokes or humorous and everyone will believe you. Myself on the other hand am not known to create threads for comedy by screwing up facts!



-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

 

I don't think he can beat the opposition here, but I vote for Gabe Newell all the same.



(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:
RolStoppable said:
gumby_trucker said:
Joelcool7 said:

Its a real close one as Gabe has actually made games and Iwata simply sells them and makes them successful.

you, my friend, appear to be misinformed.

That wouldn't be the first time.

In all honesty I could have sworn he worked on the first Half-Life prior to his development of Steam and such. I mean the guy co-founded Valve and it did make a game before he began work on Steam and other projects. I could have sworn he was involved in making the game. Also I was trying to be polite and give him credit where it is do. I don't think Steam comes anywhere close to any of the things Miyamoto has accomplished.

But I will admit I am not the most knowledgable when it comes to Valve! As for Rol's comment yah yah I'll catch another of your mistakes soon. Only problem is you can get away with calling them jokes or humorous and everyone will believe you. Myself on the other hand am not known to create threads for comedy by screwing up facts!

Well, this was strike two, but third time is the charm. Try to get it right, otherwise you are out.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
Joelcool7 said:
RolStoppable said:
gumby_trucker said:
Joelcool7 said:

Its a real close one as Gabe has actually made games and Iwata simply sells them and makes them successful.

you, my friend, appear to be misinformed.

That wouldn't be the first time.

In all honesty I could have sworn he worked on the first Half-Life prior to his development of Steam and such. I mean the guy co-founded Valve and it did make a game before he began work on Steam and other projects. I could have sworn he was involved in making the game. Also I was trying to be polite and give him credit where it is do. I don't think Steam comes anywhere close to any of the things Miyamoto has accomplished.

But I will admit I am not the most knowledgable when it comes to Valve! As for Rol's comment yah yah I'll catch another of your mistakes soon. Only problem is you can get away with calling them jokes or humorous and everyone will believe you. Myself on the other hand am not known to create threads for comedy by screwing up facts!

Well, this was strike two, but third time is the charm. Try to get it right, otherwise you are out.

Get what right? I explained why I made my statement and acknowledged I am not the most knowledgable when it comes to Valve. If you read my post I clearly said "I could have sworn he worked on the first Half-Life prior to his development of Steam" I didn't state he did so its just the impression I was under when I made the statement.

Geeze Rol how can I get a strike based on admitting I was wrong? You should really read comments more carefully before pouncing also I must admit this is the second mistake I have been called out on in the past two weeks. Considering how many topics I create and how many replies I make I am not that ashamed.



-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

 

Joelcool7 said:

Get what right? I explained why I made my statement and acknowledged I am not the most knowledgable when it comes to Valve. If you read my post I clearly said "I could have sworn he worked on the first Half-Life prior to his development of Steam" I didn't state he did so its just the impression I was under when I made the statement.

Geeze Rol how can I get a strike based on admitting I was wrong? You should really read comments more carefully before pouncing also I must admit this is the second mistake I have been called out on in the past two weeks. Considering how many topics I create and how many replies I make I am not that ashamed.

I'll give you a hint. The main reason why you were originally quoted was not because you said that Gabe Newell actually made games. 



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Gabe



Iwata-san.