By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest Industry Icon Tournament: Gabe Newell Vs. Satoru Iwata

Gabe.

Around the Network

Gabe is cholesterol. Cholesterol can kill the most powerful country in the world. So cholesterol is the mother of all weapons of mass destruction. So Gabe is too.

I can't resist this might, I vote for GABE!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Satoru Iwata, Gabe Newell might be an inpiration and a great man of the industry. But Iwata turned Nintendo's fortunes around and revived them in a way no other ceo has done in the gaming world. Its a real close one as Gabe has actually made games and Iwata simply sells them and makes them successful. But I think I'd have to go on who was more impactual on the world and the slight edge would have to go to Iwata!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Mr Khan said:
Iwata.

Likely Kojima will end up being the only non-Nintendo figure in the semifinals, so long as Mr. Pokemon hedges out Mr. Civilization

Why? O_o

I't is Miyamoto, I mean, friking Miyamoto.

morenoingrato said:
Mr Khan said:
Iwata.

Likely Kojima will end up being the only non-Nintendo figure in the semifinals, so long as Mr. Pokemon hedges out Mr. Civilization

Why? O_o

I't is Miyamoto, I mean, friking Miyamoto.

Oops. Must have mis-read the tourney board

Well then no-one from outside Nintendo will be left. Then i can stop voting :P

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Gabe

Joelcool7 said:

Satoru Iwata, Gabe Newell might be an inpiration and a great man of the industry. But Iwata turned Nintendo's fortunes around and revived them in a way no other ceo has done in the gaming world. Its a real close one as Gabe has actually made games and Iwata simply sells them and makes them successful. But I think I'd have to go on who was more impactual on the world and the slight edge would have to go to Iwata!

you, my friend, appear to be misinformed.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Iwata.

Iwata.

RolStoppable said:
gumby_trucker said:
Joelcool7 said:

you, my friend, appear to be misinformed.

That wouldn't be the first time.

In all honesty I could have sworn he worked on the first Half-Life prior to his development of Steam and such. I mean the guy co-founded Valve and it did make a game before he began work on Steam and other projects. I could have sworn he was involved in making the game. Also I was trying to be polite and give him credit where it is do. I don't think Steam comes anywhere close to any of the things Miyamoto has accomplished.

But I will admit I am not the most knowledgable when it comes to Valve! As for Rol's comment yah yah I'll catch another of your mistakes soon. Only problem is you can get away with calling them jokes or humorous and everyone will believe you. Myself on the other hand am not known to create threads for comedy by screwing up facts!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer