By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 2012 - *February* Update

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
This is borderline impossible now.

I can't see anything MS have prepared putting them ahead, short of releasing in China or something. Didn't MS have plans for that? Perhaps they got the green light to release there this November? Other than that, there is nothing they can do.

When you don't think like a gaming company you wont attract more gamers. They are solely focused on what brought them to the dance, Halo and social gaming. Next gen will not start out the way it did this gen. Microsoft had their 15 minutes. Looking at the Vitas price, Sony seems to have learned their lesson. If they launch the next Playstation at a decent price with exceptional hardware Microsoft will be in big trouble. Kinect was a smart plan by Microsoft because it is keeping the 360 afloat. The question is when will the novelty's charm run out?  We will see, but it surely wont last as long as the Wii. Look at Nintendo now, they are desperate for the core whom are the backbone of stable sales.

this. Halo can get MS in the door in the 8th gen but they have nothing to keep them there. if Sony makes parket priced hardwre then Sony fr the most part has a 8th gen battle with Ninty.

Around the Network

I think MS will still have NA /UK next Gen , the unknown to me is can they claim more market share elsewhere , As to Sony if done right they can cut into NA/UK lead , but all in all I think the days of one party dominance like the PS2 had are well and truly over .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
I think MS will still have NA /UK next Gen , the unknown to me is can they claim more market share elsewhere , As to Sony if done right they can cut into NA/UK lead , but all in all I think the days of one party dominance like the PS2 had are well and truly over .

Unlike this gen, there isn't going to be a faux split between Wii and "the HD twins". It'll be all 3 consoles competing on equal an technical footing.

So as of now, even though 360 is really kicking in in US and UK, Wii has a substantial lead in both markets. So next gen can still belong to Nintendo across the board. But with a potentially diminished market share.

There could be a various permutations which makes picking global market leader a bit tricky this far out. I think because of the marginal Japan factor (small but still significant in that MS struggles to sell there), global #1 market share will either go to Ninty or Sony. Americas could well break for Ninty.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ms mentioned today that they will be #1 console worldwide for 2011.

they probably meant US, but well everyone know US is the world :)

Around the Network
binary solo said:
mjk45 said:

Unlike this gen, there isn't going to be a faux split between Wii and "the HD twins". It'll be all 3 consoles competing on equal an technical footing.

So as of now, even though 360 is really kicking in in US and UK, Wii has a substantial lead in both markets. So next gen can still belong to Nintendo across the board. But with a potentially diminished market share.

There could be a various permutations which makes picking global market leader a bit tricky this far out. I think because of the marginal Japan factor (small but still significant in that MS struggles to sell there), global #1 market share will either go to Ninty or Sony. Americas could well break for Ninty.

Agreed ,my concern for Nintendo is they are going into the next gen without any momentum, and the world really has turned since the Wii's arrival,they hit gold and  brought in an expanded audience but lightning does strike to that extent too often, now they are a company that have turned a profit on much smaller volume consoles , except this time though expectation based off the wii's super success is going to be much higher , interesting times indeed .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

- Guess this thread needs to be updated to show the PS3's major jump this week.
- Should be interesting to see how MW3 and Skyrim affect Xbox sales next sales update.
- Funny how people were talking about how MS was lacking exclusives this year but they really didn't need that many with such major games like Skyrim, Battlefield 3, MW3, etc. They'll make a lot of money off these third party titles alone.
- Xbox will likely outsell PS3 in the U.S. this year but it won't worldwide though MS will never mention that in its release, just say it was the best seller.
- and finally @MoiseHnkel I surely hope you're joking because if you're serious, you have some egg on your face.

Yeah I still don't think it's going to happen but I do want to see something crazy. I was thinking too, of course MS is going to say that about being #1, wtf else are they supposed to say. It's kind of like an athlete believing he is the best or that his team will win a championship when asked about it, that's what they are supposed to think/say.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

RolStoppable said:
toadslayer72 said:
Yeah I still don't think it's going to happen but I do want to see something crazy. I was thinking too, of course MS is going to say that about being #1, wtf else are they supposed to say. It's kind of like an athlete believing he is the best or that his team will win a championship when asked about it, that's what they are supposed to think/say.

Yes, but what Microsoft is doing now is more like an athlete saying that they'll win the Superbowl in an halftime interview when the team is down by 32 points.

Yeah that's true. 

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

zultar said:
Ms mentioned today that they will be #1 console worldwide for 2011.

Link?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix