By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can GT5 Spec 2.0 + Price Drop Affect the Forza 4 Sales?

Tagged games:

GT5 should affect the Forza 4 sales?

OH YEAH A LOT! 29 23.02%

A LITTLE! 31 24.60%

NOTHING! 39 30.95%

THE 90 METASCORE WILL CRUSH IT! 15 11.90%

SEE THE RESULTS! 12 9.52%

Total:126
kowenicki said:

"the heart one - a lot" i suggest you get some perspective.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
The racing sim fans are far more on Sonys platform than MS. Sony in general has a more broad fanbase than MS's Gears and Halo (which both got 91 ..quite close of falling from 90 status).

Meta wont have a huge impact. GT fanboys will remain with their love for the franchise.just like Halo fans remain with Halo. They dont need a new game each 2nd year because their support will keep thegame from growing old. Its a shame for Turn 10 though xP. And if anything, the meta is good for us. It will make PD step up their game just like Spec 2 and future GT titles. Since FM4 didnt add any weather etc, GT6 in the future simply needs to improve on what it has instead of adding content.

Own... good answer .

A little. At least one less day one sale from me.

After reading the reviews it seems the single player career hasn't improved much and the AI is described as annoying. That and just 5 new tracks, not much to be excited about if you don't have a gold sub.

I'll wait for it to drop in price while I do the endurance races in spec 2.0 and hope that the GT5 dlc adds more then 5 tracks.

No, the new update and price for GT5 will give it some good legs through the holidays though. Forza will still sell alright through the holidays too. Although, it has a good chance of being the lowest sales entry in the franchise, unless MS does the usual bundle for it during the holidays.

I was almost tempted to go out and buy another Xbox to try out Forza 4. Good thing I pay attention to the words in the reviews, and not the score it received. Because it sounds like not much has changed. It's still not the Sim that GT players want and crave, and never will be. GT's new update plus what i was reading in the reviews swayed me from spending 350+ wheel to play Forza. Looking forward to the update!

Around the Network

Forza wont blow up the chartz like halo or GT does, if any it should be will forza affect GT series sales now that its scoring higher etc etc that would be a much suited question..........

Well lets face it, anyone with half a brain would know which one to pick ;)

ohhh is he trolling Gt5? is he trolling forza 4? Nobody knows

If the question was how many time to GT5 sell more weekly than Froza 4?

Today GT5 was holding 18k per week with Spec 2.0 + Price Drop (US) + Holidays it will sell over 20k (maybe 30k).

Forza 4 can hold over 30k until when?

ethomaz said:
If the question was how many time to GT5 sell more weekly than Froza 4?

Today GT5 was holding 18k per week with Spec 2.0 + Price Drop (US) + Holidays it will sell over 20k (maybe 30k).

Forza 4 can hold over 30k until when?

Forza 4 won't drop under 30k until the beginning of 2012.

D-Joe said:

i know you hate Forza
well,did you think Forza 3 ultimate collection/NFS14/GT5 84 in metascore affected GT5 sales?

Exactly. That ultimate edition included $30 worth of DLC plus had a Top Gear sticker on it. It probably didn't hurt GT5 sales at all, just boosted Forza 3 sales.

I'm huge on cars, and I play a lot of Forza and GT. I didn't even know about this Spec 2.0 update and price cut. If I didn't know about it, most others wouldn't either, so this upgrade will only boost GT5 sales, and probably by no more then 50k.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results