By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can GT5 Spec 2.0 + Price Drop Affect the Forza 4 Sales?

Tagged games:

GT5 should affect the Forza 4 sales?

OH YEAH A LOT! 29 23.02%

A LITTLE! 31 24.60%

NOTHING! 39 30.95%

THE 90 METASCORE WILL CRUSH IT! 15 11.90%

SEE THE RESULTS! 12 9.52%

Total:126

Not really. The update is really for those who allready have the game. The average gamer doesnt read gaming news on the internet and therefore the general public will have 0 knowledge of Spec 2. DLC is dlc, every game has that.

Forza 4 should open to a better 1st week then Forza 3 no problem given the expected 90+ average. Sure beats that badge of shame that is the 84 :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Mordred11 said:
kowenicki said:
I doint know the purpose of this thread... some kind of security blanket it seems like.

As much as I love GT5,I agree with this.

Why? For me the timing of announce/release for Spec 2.0 + Price Drop + DLC is just to steal the Forza 4's momentus... so make some people not buy the game.

It's pretty clear for me.

Why is the question bad?

Really? Cause to me the update that is coincidentally timed with the release of Forza 4 is a desperate attempt to stay current against a developer that makes 90+ games 3 times as fast. 

Seems PD is just as sensitive as the fans itself.....neither are willing to see that their time in the spotlight has vanished to the underdog. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
Not really. The update is really for those who allready have the game. The average gamer doesnt read gaming news on the internet and therefore the general public will have 0 knowledge of Spec 2. DLC is dlc, every game has that.

Forza 4 should open to a better 1st week then Forza 3 no problem given the unexpected 90+ average. Sure beats that badge of shame that is the 84 :P

What is your opinion on Gears vs. Uncharted? Gears' time in the spotlight has clearly vanished to the under(/naughty)dogs...

sheesh

???. Gears sells way more then uncharted and therefore has way more real world relevance.

You: but GT sells way for then Forza does it not?

Yes and no. PD biggest enemy is itself and its extremely long developement time has now rendered it behind Turn 10 in cumulative sales. Forza 2 + Forza 3 + Forza 4 sales > GT5 sales. 3 games versus 1 not fair right? Well alls fair in love and war as they say and also thats what you get for lagging behind the competition. Forza sales on 360 this gen have surpassed full GT game sales on PS3. Thats how I see it. 

Where the comparison is wrong is that both Gears and Uncharted are 90+ games. It doesnt matter to me if one is a higher 90+ game.....if its over 90+ its in the same league no question. GT5.......the fans love to ignore for over a year it seems........is degraded to a AA franchise (80-89). Forza is still 90+. 

sales2099 said:

???. Gears sells way more then uncharted and therefore has way more real world relevance.

Yes and no. PD biggest enemy is itself and its extremely long developement time has now rendered it behind Turn 10 in cumulative sales. Forza 2 + Forza 3 + Forza 4 sales > GT5 sales. 3 games versus 1 not fair right? Well alls fair in love and war as they say and also thats what you get for lagging behind the competition. Forza sales on 360 this gen have surpassed full GT game sales on PS3. Thats how I see it.

Where the comparison is wrong is that both Gears and Uncharted are 90+ games. It doesnt matter to me if one is a higher 90+ game.....if its over 90+ its in the same league no question. GT5.......the fans love to ignore for over a year it seems........is degraded to a AA franchise (80-89). Forza is still 90+.

PD made 3 games in development time of Forza 2 + Forza 3 + Forza 4.

What make you fell PD just worked in GT5?

i seriously dobt it.

i suspect GT6 is coming soon which i'm sure many of you doubt aswell, but mostly all Sony exclusives are exhausted, but i guess i'm making a whole nothere arguement here so back to the OP.

why would you even thnk that? if GT5 isn't bundled its not going to affect forza4 sells one bit.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
A little. At least one less day one sale from me.

After reading the reviews it seems the single player career hasn't improved much and the AI is described as annoying. That and just 5 new tracks, not much to be excited about if you don't have a gold sub.

I'll wait for it to drop in price while I do the endurance races in spec 2.0 and hope that the GT5 dlc adds more then 5 tracks.

Funny how something with this little being added gets an amazing metascore yet GT5 gets shit on because of the extreme expectations people put on it.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

ethomaz said:

sales2099 said:

Including the PSP GT that got in the 70s (lol) on metacritic and a $40 demo of the full game arent helping your case. Just further proves how low PD has fallen. 

Im comparing 360 Forzas vs FULL GT releases on PS3 this gen. Thats 3 vs 1. If PD was smarter they should have focused more resources on dealing with the competition that has now over taken them in quality. 

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i seriously dobt it.

i suspect GT6 is coming soon which i'm sure many of you doubt aswell, but mostly all Sony exclusives are exhausted, but i guess i'm making a whole nothere arguement here so back to the OP.

why would you even thnk that? if GT5 isn't bundled its not going to affect forza4 sells one bit.

GT6 just for PS4 .

The timing is too coincidental for nothing... Sony wants to affect the Forza 4's momentum .

sales2099 said:
ethomaz said:

sales2099 said:

Including the PSP GT that got in the 70s (lol) on metacritic and a $40 demo of the full game arent helping your case. Just further proves how low PD has fallen.

Im comparing 360 Forzas vs FULL GT releases on PS3 this gen. Thats 3 vs 1. If PD was smarter they should have focused more resources on dealing with the competition that has now over taken them in quality.

Tourist Trophy, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Gran Turismo PSP, Gran Turismo 5.

And updates for theses games. 120 150 exployee (PD) vs. 300 employee.

I'm stooping for here .

Edit - Fixed the number after google it.

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:

Forza 4 should open to a better 1st week then Forza 3 no problem given the unexpected 90+ average. Sure beats that badge of shame that is the 84 :P

What is your opinion on Gears vs. Uncharted? Gears' time in the spotlight has clearly vanished to the under(/naughty)dogs...

sheesh

What's so special about 90? Is an 89 rated game worse than a 90 rated game? And lol @ you for saying "Forza sales on 360 this gen have surpassed full GT game sales on PS3". 2 full Forza games have sold less than GT5 and a prologue for it...

There's more difference in sales between GT5 and Forza3 than between Gears2 and Uncharted2 although GT5 launched a year later than Forza 3 and UC2 a year after Gears 2...

GT4 had an 89 on metacritic...which is not AAA according to you. GT5P around 80. So reviewers rating GT games relatively low is nothing new.

I dont see a proper counter argument, just excuses.

for debate purposes.....its clear that 3 Forzas over 90 surpass ONE game thats an 84. Read the reviews and maybe youll see why each game deserved what they got. Full forzas sales have surpassed GT5 sales. To count the sales of the prologue (demo) is only showing further weakness. 

Gears sells more then uncharted and its a 90+ franchise. I see no scenerio where uncharted comes out on top. 

GT has been inferior from the start personally....ever since GT4 has no online and Forza 1 did. Slowly but surely the Forza brand is rising and the GT fans will see they aint living in the glory days anymore (PS1 and PS2 days)