By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can GT5 Spec 2.0 + Price Drop Affect the Forza 4 Sales?

Tagged games:

GT5 should affect the Forza 4 sales?

OH YEAH A LOT! 29 23.02%

A LITTLE! 31 24.60%

NOTHING! 39 30.95%

THE 90 METASCORE WILL CRUSH IT! 15 11.90%

SEE THE RESULTS! 12 9.52%

Total:126
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
ethomaz said:

sales2099 said:

???. Gears sells way more then uncharted and therefore has way more real world relevance.

You: but GT sells way for then Forza does it not?

Yes and no. PD biggest enemy is itself and its extremely long developement time has now rendered it behind Turn 10 in cumulative sales. Forza 2 + Forza 3 + Forza 4 sales > GT5 sales. 3 games versus 1 not fair right? Well alls fair in love and war as they say and also thats what you get for lagging behind the competition. Forza sales on 360 this gen have surpassed full GT game sales on PS3. Thats how I see it.

Where the comparison is wrong is that both Gears and Uncharted are 90+ games. It doesnt matter to me if one is a higher 90+ game.....if its over 90+ its in the same league no question. GT5.......the fans love to ignore for over a year it seems........is degraded to a AA franchise (80-89). Forza is still 90+.

PD made 3 games in development time of Forza 2 + Forza 3 + Forza 4.

What make you fell PD just worked in GT5?

Including the PSP GT that got in the 70s (lol) on metacritic and a $40 demo of the full game arent helping your case. Just further proves how low PD has fallen. 

Im comparing 360 Forzas vs FULL GT releases on PS3 this gen. Thats 3 vs 1 2. If PD was smarter they should have focused more resources on dealing with the competition that has now over taken them in quality review ratings

Fixed this for you. They care more about their fans that actually buy their games than about petty review scores, clearly. The sales numbers show that

lol ok. count the prologue. Its just a demo of GT5. Its in the dictionary.....look up what the word prologue means lol. 

So ya its 3 vs 1. Just because PD got people to buy a $40 demo doesnt make it a standalone game. 

Review ratings in many contexts refer to a games overall quality. Dont be sensitive, deal. 

EDIT: Ya they really care about their fans....charging $40 for a tease and making them wait 5 years in general for the whole package......but the package wasnt even complete......takes them another year to give them what GT5 should have been. 

Sales clearly reflect the brand power gained from PS1 and PS2 days. Forza is clearly going from the ground up against that and is gaining ground with every release. Forza has surpassed GT5 on speed of release and quality.....shwing it is THEY who really care about the fans. The only thing left is GT fans to see that they aint living in the ps2 days anymore. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i seriously dobt it.

i suspect GT6 is coming soon which i'm sure many of you doubt aswell, but mostly all Sony exclusives are exhausted, but i guess i'm making a whole nothere arguement here so back to the OP.

why would you even thnk that? if GT5 isn't bundled its not going to affect forza4 sells one bit.

GT6 just for PS4 .

The timing is too coincidental for nothing... Sony wants to affect the Forza 4's momentum .

i know but something is up cause it looks like Sony has nothing really huge coming (not that they need anything) out next yr. i mean i'm getting every exclusive released next yr, but there hiding something and everything else has been exhausted.  

OP and his friends accuse me of trolling and here they are at it themselves.

Nsanity said:
OP and his friends accuse me of trolling and here they are at it themselves.

Its setting in now. Nobody likes being on top and suddenly are expected to step down to someone else. Its human nature to resist. 

Expect a lot of GT/Forza debates now that Forza 4 has officially overtaken the GT franchise. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Not really. The update is really for those who allready have the game. The average gamer doesnt read gaming news on the internet and therefore the general public will have 0 knowledge of Spec 2. DLC is dlc, every game has that.

Forza 4 should open to a better 1st week then Forza 3 no problem given the expected 90+ average. Sure beats that badge of shame that is the 84 :P

For a person with "sales" in there name entering a thread about sales of Gran Turismo and Forza you don't pay attention much. You have to pull the review card out because that's all you have.  Would Turn 10 rather have extra metacritic points?  or an extra 2 million sales?  you tell me, cause if Forza doesn't get bundled like it usually does, your going to be using that review card in every sales thread you try to stir the shit pot in with these franchises.

At least we have some 360 fans on this site that can support Forza and be hyped for it, without being an ass.

Around the Network

I have to laugh at the bickering about who cares about their fans more.

NO! Gran Turismo games are clearly meant to care more for their fans!

OH NO YOU DIDN'T, they tried charging $40 for a prologue game, and then don't even release a full game!!!

Not to mention, Forza games always get better review scores than GT, so they are CLEARLY superior games.

LOL, this thread makes me laugh.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

sales2099 said:
ethomaz said:
Mordred11 said:
kowenicki said:
I doint know the purpose of this thread... some kind of security blanket it seems like.

As much as I love GT5,I agree with this.

Why? For me the timing of announce/release for Spec 2.0 + Price Drop + DLC is just to steal the Forza 4's momentus... so make some people not buy the game.

It's pretty clear for me.

Why is the question bad?

Really? Cause to me the update that is coincidentally timed with the release of Forza 4 is a desperate attempt to stay current against a developer that makes 90+ games 3 times as fast. 

Seems PD is just as sensitive as the fans itself.....neither are willing to see that their time in the spotlight has vanished to the underdog

i never figured you for the type to make that kind of arguement. its rather tasteless, and i know your better then that.

90+ ratings on metric shouldn't even be anaregument cause they mean nothing. its like one user posting his disapointment with R3, me posting the Addam Sessler soap box and him praising the game, and many other vgc users going back to the user who posted his disapointment with the game and telling him in a since he lost his mind.

trusting metric you'll be missing out on on gold.

Blood_Tears said:
sales2099 said:

Not really. The update is really for those who allready have the game. The average gamer doesnt read gaming news on the internet and therefore the general public will have 0 knowledge of Spec 2. DLC is dlc, every game has that.

Forza 4 should open to a better 1st week then Forza 3 no problem given the expected 90+ average. Sure beats that badge of shame that is the 84 :P

For a person with "sales" in there name entering a thread about sales of Gran Turismo and Forza you don't pay attention much. You have to pull the review card out because that's all you have.  Would Turn 10 rather have extra metacritic points?  or an extra 2 million sales?  you tell me, cause if Forza doesn't get bundled like it usually does, your going to be using that review card in every sales thread you try to stir the shit pot in with these franchises.

At least we have some 360 fans on this site that can support Forza and be hyped for it, without being an ass.

Why not hit the GT fans where it hurts......the quality aspect lol. 3 Forzas over 90 vs GT5 with a 84. Immediately breaks their morale and amps up their sensitivity. 

Sales wise full forza games have surpassed full GT games on PS3 this gen. Not fair but then again thats the price you pay for taking so long to make your games. And dont give me the bundle argument.....because I remember GT3......the most notoriously bundled GT game out there. 

I can pull any card I please. Im merely playing the opposing opinion. GT fans just seem to not like to face things. 

sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
ethomaz said:

sales2099 said:

???. Gears sells way more then uncharted and therefore has way more real world relevance.

You: but GT sells way for then Forza does it not?

Yes and no. PD biggest enemy is itself and its extremely long developement time has now rendered it behind Turn 10 in cumulative sales. Forza 2 + Forza 3 + Forza 4 sales > GT5 sales. 3 games versus 1 not fair right? Well alls fair in love and war as they say and also thats what you get for lagging behind the competition. Forza sales on 360 this gen have surpassed full GT game sales on PS3. Thats how I see it.

Where the comparison is wrong is that both Gears and Uncharted are 90+ games. It doesnt matter to me if one is a higher 90+ game.....if its over 90+ its in the same league no question. GT5.......the fans love to ignore for over a year it seems........is degraded to a AA franchise (80-89). Forza is still 90+.

PD made 3 games in development time of Forza 2 + Forza 3 + Forza 4.

What make you fell PD just worked in GT5?

Including the PSP GT that got in the 70s (lol) on metacritic and a $40 demo of the full game arent helping your case. Just further proves how low PD has fallen. 

Im comparing 360 Forzas vs FULL GT releases on PS3 this gen. Thats 3 vs 1 2. If PD was smarter they should have focused more resources on dealing with the competition that has now over taken them in quality review ratings

Fixed this for you. They care more about their fans that actually buy their games than about petty review scores, clearly. The sales numbers show that

lol ok. count the prologue. Its just a demo of GT5. Its in the dictionary.....look up what the word prologue means lol. 

So ya its 3 vs 1. Just because PD got people to buy a $40 demo doesnt make it a standalone game. 

Review ratings in many contexts refer to a games overall quality. Dont be sensitive, deal. 

EDIT: Ya they really care about their fans....charging $40 for a tease and making them wait 5 years in general for the whole package......but the package wasnt even complete......takes them another year to give them what GT5 should have been. 

Sales clearly reflect the brand power gained from PS1 and PS2 days. Forza is clearly going from the ground up against that and is gaining ground with every release. Forza has surpassed GT5 on speed of release and quality.....shwing it is THEY who really care about the fans. The only thing left is GT fans to see that they aint living in the ps2 days anymore. 

whts with all the baseless assumptions?

i just got into GT5 and the quality is still there, and Forza is really a good game but you can't judge who cares more for there fans.

i could say the same thing about games that come out ever yr like madden and COD but that wouldn't be true. your basing intent on nothing. not 1 lick of evidence. GT5 didn't take forever to make to be a cash in! it took forever for the same thing your argueing against and thats quality and alot of cars.

quality will always be in the eye of the beholder making it opinion not fact. most of your arguement is opinion and assumption.

Baalzamon said:
I have to laugh at the bickering about who cares about their fans more.

NO! Gran Turismo games are clearly meant to care more for their fans!

OH NO YOU DIDN'T, they tried charging $40 for a prologue game, and then don't even release a full game!!!

Not to mention, Forza games always get better review scores than GT, so they are CLEARLY superior games.

LOL, this thread makes me laugh.

yea talk about tasteless baseless assumptions lol. its sad to see but funny to watch.