By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Reuters: Warner to back Blu-ray exclusively

I'm guessing this is bought exclusivity?

Toshiba also has deep pockets and I guess they will try and buy some major studios themselves.

Around the Network

Sony is but one of several companies invested in Blu-Ray, they only recieve a fraction of its profits and at this point neither format has yet to take off.

Sony can rejoice when Blu-Ray starts outselling DVD. Until then both HD formats still stand a chance of never becomming the viable leaders of the market especially with a rumored third contender over the horizon at only a fraction of the cost and studios ready to support it.

Rath said:
I'm guessing this is bought exclusivity?

Toshiba also has deep pockets and I guess they will try and buy some major studios themselves.

No word of any payments. Warner have said they are going exclusive in oreder to end tehe war sooner. they have also said they will release all announced HD-DVDs.

Onimusha12 said:
Sony is but one of several companies invested in Blu-Ray, they only recieve a fraction of its profits and at this point neither format has yet to take off.

Sony can rejoice when Blu-Ray starts outselling DVD. Until then both HD formats still stand a chance of never becomming the viable leaders of the market especially with a rumored third contender over the horizon at only a fraction of the cost and studios ready to support it.

sony is just one of several but it seems that they have the most at stake from a public point of view anyway...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

The only reason HD DVD is still hanging on is because they have Paramount and Universal (according to wikipedia)

But they are no match for: MGM, Lionsgate, WB, Disney, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures. Muhahahahaha

Blu Ray has just about sealed the deal.

Around the Network

I love this now were is all those haters that side putting Blu-ray in the ps3 was a waste. Now Once the news gets around i think the 400 ps3 will be more exciting then any 360 lol. i see a 360 price drop and dont think sony will not follow because they will be making millins off blu-ray and ps3 soon not the metion its other divisons that almost ALWAYS turn s profit lol. shit the only divison that didnt was the game lol.

krik said:
Yojimbo said:
How big is this really, was not Warner blu-ray exclusive before?

Warner is neutralbut they had this thing of releasing some Blu-ray earlier... not sure why

Maybe because movies where selling batter on BRD ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!