By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New EGM info/rumors

Yojimbo said:
super_etecoon said:
rocketpig said:
"Gears of War 2 will have much more emphasis on story and it will be darker."

Here's an early screenshot of the game:

This is what I love about the 360. There is no way in hell this would be possible on the Wii.

haha

No, this is easily possible on the Wii, in fact, the Wii will be able to handle games that look better than this in just a few years once it's optimized!

@ Twesterm

You do suck!  That series is not declining

@ Yojimbo

I know, it's okay, the big bad bully is going away now. 

Around the Network

Well twesterm, declining in quality is your opinion but for sales not so much. FF 12 saw a similar decline FF9 did. So while 12 declined from 10. 9 declined from 8.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

1. Final Fantasy is declining in quality. We know for a fact Square has been losing talent over the years, for the love of god an entire studio was formed from people who left them. Get over it. Halo 3 had great sales too, but do you think that series was going anywhere Fresh?

2. Goldeneye 007 was cancled for XBLA because Nintendo gobbled up the rights for it on Virtual Console.

outlawauron said:
Well twesterm, declining in quality is your opinion but for sales not so much. FF 12 saw a similar decline FF9 did. So while 12 declined from 10. 9 declined from 8.

And overall, the series' sales have declined from VII. I expect that trend to continue through XIII.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

super_etecoon said:
Yojimbo said:
twesterm said:
Yojimbo said:
twesterm said:
zackblue said:
If FF XIII releases this year, ps3 will have the best line up after all.

You're putting too much faith in a declining series.

you suck

Struck a nerve?

I had to defend my love.

love of final fantasy, of the ps3, or zackblue?

Well Zackblue, obviously.

Around the Network

Not this FF talk again.

donjezzy said:

Got this at the GameFaqs board, I thought is was pretty interesting if the rumors and release dates are true

Wii:
Spring 08:

WiiFit
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed
Samba De Amigo
Mario Kart Wii
No More Heroes
Harvest Moon Wii
The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
de Blob

Whoa! I thought the Wii was supposed to be a family console!

0 percent chance of FFXIII coming THIS year, esp in America. Come on. There'd have been a few more screens of ACTUAL gameplay footage by now (has there been one?)

Maybe for Gears 2 they could spend more than one drunken hour writing the script this time. "EAT SHIT AND DIE!" "YOU NEED GLASSES, SUCKA. DAAAAAAMNN" I think if it was coming in 2008 we'd have heard anything about it by now though.

If Animal Crossing is a pay-to-play MMO I'm not buying that shit. I'm not sure most Wii buyers would either.

Where is the Sony Eternal Sonata, the only NEXT-GENNN game I'd remotely like to try besides Metal Gear??

Is Too Human really almost done?

Afrika --- ahahahaha

Profcrab said:
superchunk said:
The only thing that really jumped out at me is

"Unannounced Microsoft first party sequel in the works for Microsoft's next console"

Next console? I would understand that MS would be already looking at possible next gen hardware and options. But, to be already working on a game? So, what no 10 year cycle for MS? only a 4-5 again? Seems stupid.

Lots of good games listed though. I can't wait for GDC and E3 for Wii games to flood in.

There is no 10 year console cycle, unless you only mean that the console will remain in production for 10 years like the PS2. New consoles are likely to continue to come out in 5-6 year intervals. Anyone who believes that the next Sony or Microsoft consoles aren't going to release until 2015-16 also believe that it's possible for something to be "future proof", which is lunacy.

Yeah I know. Its just both Sony and MS have stated many times that they are on a 10 year cycle. When at best the losers only last 5 or 6 in every gen. Only Wii has a chance at being in production for 10+ years, like every other generation leader.

All will have something in or around the 5 year mark. But, still it seems too early to be building a game. 360 has barely been out 2 years. They can't of even finalized the hardware structure yet for a xbox#3.

Played_Out said:
donjezzy said:

Got this at the GameFaqs board, I thought is was pretty interesting if the rumors and release dates are true

Wii:
Spring 08:

WiiFit
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed
Samba De Amigo
Mario Kart Wii
No More Heroes
Harvest Moon Wii
The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
de Blob

Whoa! I thought the Wii was supposed to be a family console!

edit...woops....sexual innuendo....not violent...my bad.