By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas UP, October 1st

Proof positive that were at the end of this gen.

Bring on the Vita, Wii U (July, August 2012) and the 720.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Some sparse, maybe interesting small facts of this week besides the biggest one, the confirmation of XB360 strong American leadership:

PS3 has the smallest WoW HW drop and the biggest WoW SW boost.
Kinect keeps on dropping, but it's still the first optional motion control in America.
Balance Board last, beaten by PS Move again. Both growing WoW, anyway.
FIFA XB360 > FIFA PS3, but PES PS3 > PES XB360.
GTA IV PS3 is again in the Top 40, next to 4M total sales in America and actually having sold some tens k more than in EMEAA.
Madden XB360 surpassed 1M in America this week.
SpongeBob DS has got incredible legs. (OK, this last one could be used against me! )

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Michael-5 said:
30k down in Americas, i bet another 20k drop will happen in EMEAA. PS3 tops 360 again, MS really should have made that price cut. I dunno if except for CoD week, weather or not 360 can top PS3 WW again. I hope Forza 4 week it does, but that's not a guarantee with the high price of 360.

Damn greedy MS, you lost my buy next gen because of this and other cash grab tactics.

Again with this, Michael. Every week it's the same crap. Microsoft is not greedy, it's solvent and profitable and quite frankly, that's the way they should keep it. Failing to procure extra income is not being generous or charitable, it's being just plain stupid. I'm glad, unlike you Michael, that Microsoft doesn't hate money. Next gen, I for one, will miss you! [sobs quietly...]

ethomaz said:
Gran Turismo 5: New Free Updates, DLC, and Price Drop (for US).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=135083

Is the price drop for the standard version of GT5 or a new platinum version? Also, will you be getting Forza 4, BTW? It looks awesome!

VGKing said:
Mordred11 said:
Poor R3,already under 20k...

Is that all you do? bash the PS3?

"poor R3, already under 20k"

"laughable PS3 numbers"

You know they have a word for people like you. "Troll"

They have an adjective for you: "Resentful". Oh, and uhm..., wait, let me see...There's another one! "Bitter". Oh, how fun!

Around the Network
reviniente said:
ethomaz said:

Is the price drop for the standard version of GT5 or a new platinum version? Also, will you be getting Forza 4, BTW? It looks awesome!

Standard... the Platinum is just for Europe. That's the first price cut in US.

I don't have a 360... I need to buy one for Gears 3 and Reach... but Forza 3 not excited me and what I read the Forza 4 is more of the same... so no buy for me.

reviniente said:
Michael-5 said:
30k down in Americas, i bet another 20k drop will happen in EMEAA. PS3 tops 360 again, MS really should have made that price cut. I dunno if except for CoD week, weather or not 360 can top PS3 WW again. I hope Forza 4 week it does, but that's not a guarantee with the high price of 360.

Damn greedy MS, you lost my buy next gen because of this and other cash grab tactics.

Again with this, Michael. Every week it's the same crap. Microsoft is not greedy, it's solvent and profitable and quite frankly, that's the way they should keep it. Failing to procure extra income is not being generous or charitable, it's being just plain stupid. I'm glad, unlike you Michael, that Microsoft doesn't hate money. Next gen, I for one, will miss you! [sobs quietly...]

No they are greedy. The 360 costs less to produce then the PS3, and offers less (no Blu-Ray). At the very most it should cost on par with PS3, they both had a price cut in 2009, and the cost of production on both consoles has dropped equally. It makes no sense that the 360 cost more then the PS3 ontop of other charges MS gives. MS is greedy, plain and simple.

You'll miss me?

Microsoft is a freakin typical crap US company. Overprice goods, build to the lowest bidder, planed obselence of product. This is why the US Auto industry has died, and this is why almost all technology comes from Japan, Korean or Finland. It's called quality control, and MS plain and simple doesn't have it. If your going to sell a product for $300, make it worth $300, stop trying to rake in cash. This is why MS will never be ontop for gaming platforms.

I also hate XBLG, not because they charge online, but because there is no real alternative to a 1 year plan.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

ethomaz said:
reviniente said:
ethomaz said:

I don't have a 360... I need to buy one for Gears 3 and Reach... but Forza 3 not excited me and what I read the Forza 4 is more of the same... so no buy for me.

;-(

Your missing out.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

ethomaz said:
reviniente said:
ethomaz said:

Don't worry we know how much you hate that Forza 4 is getting good reviews. But plz stop with the bs Forza4 is NOT more of the same.

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

ozsman said:
ethomaz said:
reviniente said:
ethomaz said:

Don't worry we know how much you hate that Forza 4 is getting good reviews. But plz stop with the bs Forza4 is NOT more of the same.

I don't hate Forza... I just don't like the lack of reality for a simulator game.

And the reviews pointed the Turn 10 not changed that.