By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - League of Legends! (Dominion/fave champs/whatever)

How much do you like Dominion?

I have played less than 5... 14 15.73%

After 5+ games, I think i... 8 8.99%

After 5+ games, it's OK ... 25 28.09%

I like it. 18 20.22%

I love it! 13 14.61%

I've stopped playing Rif... 6 6.74%

I don't even play League... 5 5.62%

Total:89
Kasz216 said:
Twisted treeline? Who the heck plays Twisted Treeline?

I started playing LOL a couple months ago. Just started playing ranked last week.

I am... awful.

8/11 1142 ELO.

Mostly focused on Support/Jungle because well that's what nobody ever wants to play EVER. Everyone rushes to solo top funny enough.

Kaszian is my Screen Name.

Also a Warwick calling Panethon OP? I mean, I jungle Warwick all the time just because Warwick is easy as hell to play as.

See the rage of the LoL community has got to you a bit too ha.

what many people don't understand is that just because you are 30 doesn't mean you should play ranked.

riot does not prepare you to ranked games, as people play god damn blind pick and then go in ranked and play things like twitch and other not viable champs. i suggest you take a break from ranked and play some normal draft mode, it will help you become better. playing jungle at low elos is very good, play champs like udyr,mundo,maokai alistar and focus on ganking early on, that will definately make the game easy as people don't buy wards and they push without preparing for a gank. if they flash wait a minute then go back and gank, this time they will die.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

im kinda addicted to lol, play every week with friends, i rage a lot :P, and i constantly watch guides and streams. i love the tactical aspect of the game, but unfortunately im stuck on the NA servers with a ping of 300.

Panama said:
The initial feeling was of elation, but then after about 40 or so matches you saw recurring champions, some of which are just hilariously imbalanced for the mode. I think the issue lies with the dominion passive. As opposed to a universal passive, each champion should have a unique passive that buffs or nerfs them accordingly to the gameplay style of dominion.

I was worried about the same thing at first, but opinions have changed drastically over time about what champs are OP on dominion.  Some things are never going to change, like Rammus's powerball letting him get to the windmill ridiculously early, but if you haven't played Dom since the early days you may be pleasantly surprised to see the ban list is different than it was. 

The "unique passive", btw, is not going to happen.  Because of the insane amount of work it would be.  Riot would probably break more than it fixed on the first iteration, then have to go back and revise them all, etc.  Just no.  Maybe a passive shared among manaless champs, though, since they don't benefit from the mana regen passive. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

zgamer5 said:
Kasz216 said:

I started playing LOL a couple months ago. Just started playing ranked last week.

I am... awful.

8/11 1142 ELO.

Mostly focused on Support/Jungle because well that's what nobody ever wants to play EVER. Everyone rushes to solo top funny enough.

Also a Warwick calling Panethon OP? I mean, I jungle Warwick all the time just because Warwick is easy as hell to play as.

what many people don't understand is that just because you are 30 doesn't mean you should play ranked.

riot does not prepare you to ranked games, as people play god damn blind pick and then go in ranked and play things like twitch and other not viable champs. i suggest you take a break from ranked and play some normal draft mode, it will help you become better. playing jungle at low elos is very good, play champs like udyr,mundo,maokai alistar and focus on ganking early on, that will definately make the game easy as people don't buy wards and they push without preparing for a gank. if they flash wait a minute then go back and gank, this time they will die.

Nah.  Normal Draft is harder then Ranked Draft quite honestly.   You usually end up just playing higher ELO people who are trying out new builds/characters.

For a while I was up there at in the silver range.

Just plunged since then because I can't really "take over" games.   I'm more of a passive, try and out CS and wait for ganks type when I'm not in the jungle.

While when I am in the jungle, i often find myself having to abandon it too much to save lanes.

Boutros said:
Ranked games are all I do lately and I have an ELO of about 1600.

But yeah the Lol community is the worst I've ever seen. It's pretty incredible. I feel like I'm one of the rare person who doesn't let it get to him as I never call out someone who's bad and I don't reply to trollish comments.

hehe, I think the format of dota-like games is responsible for the "bad community", as the 5 players in a team are very reliant on each other, so many players will always feel they did everything right, while the others screwed up/lost him the game

unlike most other team based multiplayer games the team won't change for a good 20-60 minutes so there is a lot of time for people to go mad in chat, lol

Around the Network

I find myself playing Dr. Mundo a lot in dominion. Feels like beefy tanks are the way to go since most people like to go AD All star.

Kasz216 said:
I find myself playing Dr. Mundo a lot in dominion. Feels like beefy tanks are the way to go since most people like to go AD All star.

yea many people play total glass cannon builds in dominion thats why you can really dominate them with tanky chars

Well, those of you who have indicated you play should give Final-Fan or I your summoner name. We created a ranked team a while back but were never able to get enough players in to actually play games. I'd love if we could represent vgchartz with a good team :)

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

well, I'm EU West, you guys are probably NA huh? ^^

ah yea and I suck, although I played Dota for years..

Kasz216 said:
zgamer5 said:
Kasz216 said:

I am... awful.

8/11 1142 ELO.

Nah.  Normal Draft is harder then Ranked Draft quite honestly.   You usually end up just playing higher ELO people who are trying out new builds/characters.

For a while I was up there at in the silver range.

Just plunged since then because I can't really "take over" games.   I'm more of a passive, try and out CS and wait for ganks type when I'm not in the jungle.

While when I am in the jungle, i often find myself having to abandon it too much to save lanes.

yeah but no one cares about normal elo, so it helps you grow as a player. lol is not mainly about skill especially in solo que, its about understanding the game, knowing when to make the calls, how to initiate and knowing how to counterpick.

playing lol in a the no pressure enviorment of normal draft helps you understand the game, and you also gain skill. if you are laning mid, passive play is the best, when it comes to top lane aggressive play is better, just watch out for ganks early on and buy wards. 

that is why early ganks on top lane help your team a lot since top lane can snowball harder then any other lane.