By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - League of Legends! (Dominion/fave champs/whatever)

How much do you like Dominion?

I have played less than 5... 14 15.73%

After 5+ games, I think i... 8 8.99%

After 5+ games, it's OK ... 25 28.09%

I like it. 18 20.22%

I love it! 13 14.61%

I've stopped playing Rif... 6 6.74%

I don't even play League... 5 5.62%

Total:89
Final-Fan said:
Kasz216 said:
Final-Fan said:

I main yordles, so: 
Solo top:  Rumble, Poppy
Mid:  Lux (not a yordle), Ziggs (I suck at Veigar), and Rumble in a pinch
Jungle:  Amumu, Poppy (my jungling experience is pretty narrow right now)
AD Carry:  Tristana, Caitlyn (yordle related)
Support (i.e. bot and not the AD carry):  Leona (not a yordle), Lulu, Poppy

I'm competent with some others, like Garen and Singed, but the above is pretty much what I'm experienced with.  Jungling is the one area where I literally only know two champs.  As for which champs I own, it's all the yordles of course, and then I have all the bottom-priced champs, and the ones in my list, and Alistar, Blitzcrank, Garen, Singed, and Zilean.  Not too many, but I haven't spent any real money on this game yet, except for a couple skins. 

Yeah, I just started jungling recently because i've found nobody wants to do it.  Trying Malaphite jungle, seems to work ok.  I spent some tip money on some champs, only bought on sale and IP, so i have quite a few... 36 to be exact.

Why the Yordle love if I may ask?  Some of them remind you of moogles?

Sent you a friends request incase you ever wanna play some lowish ELO or something.

I think it's partly just because I loved Poppy so much.  I like the style of a lot of them.  It's unrelated to moogles AFAIK, and I didn't love the Smurfs as a kid or anything. 

If anything, you'd be the one slumming if we play ranked :P

Not anymore, I just nosedived bad...

It's funny i've never seen such an awful community in my life.  Fun game though so I mostly ignore it... but you can't go 2 games without someoen bitching on alltalk about someone else, usually leading in a HUGE back and forth arguement.

Around the Network

Kasz, sending a friend request now, we should play a game sometime!

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
Kasz, sending a friend request now, we should play a game sometime!

So that explains that then.  Yeah sure.  I'm pretty awful though as previously stated.

I've gotten out of the habit of recording all my games in LOLReplay, which is too bad as my last game was a doozy.

First off, I thought Rammus was jungling, and I went top as Poppy. ... oops, no, Rammus was going top. So we decide to duo lane, which is just as well as it turns out, because we are facing Ezreal and Graves and either of us solo would be squished like bugs on the windshield. Somehow a level 1 fight breaks out, in which they manage First Blood right before I squish Ezreal and run from Graves giggling. While they are crushing us to our turret and almost destroying it, I manage to orchestrate a 2-for-1 trade. Then Rammus, on his way up, says "Hey Poppy do you want blue buff?" SWEET JESUS YES. Poppy with blue buff is a sexy beast. First I kill Ezreal, then I kill Graves, then we bang on their turret for a while and then they push us back and kill our turret in one autoattack. Laning phase is about over at this point, which is good for them because it was at this point that their range was no longer able to protect them from my fury (with a lil help from Rammus).

The highlight of the game, though, definitely belongs to the Armordillo. We were pushing mid, teamfight, yadda yadda we kill one of them but they push back pretty hard and everyone backs off but Rammus: "I GOT THIS GUISE!!1" He jumps in with his ult, gets two kills immediately, a third after a few seconds (ensuring his death to the turret), and at this point I get there to clean up Ahri for the ace, which I only manage after chasing her back almost to the nexus turrets. They surrendered.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
I've gotten out of the habit of recording all my games in LOLReplay, which is too bad as my last game was a doozy.

First off, I thought Rammus was jungling, and I went top as Poppy. ... oops, no, Rammus was going top. So we decide to duo lane, which is just as well as it turns out, because we are facing Ezreal and Graves and either of us solo would be squished like bugs on the windshield. Somehow a level 1 fight breaks out, in which they manage First Blood right before I squish Ezreal and run from Graves giggling. While they are crushing us to our turret and almost destroying it, I manage to orchestrate a 2-for-1 trade. Then Rammus, on his way up, says "Hey Poppy do you want blue buff?" SWEET JESUS YES. Poppy with blue buff is a sexy beast. First I kill Ezreal, then I kill Graves, then we bang on their turret for a while and then they push us back and kill our turret in one autoattack. Laning phase is about over at this point, which is good for them because it was at this point that their range was no longer able to protect them from my fury (with a lil help from Rammus).

The highlight of the game, though, definitely belongs to the Armordillo. We were pushing mid, teamfight, yadda yadda we kill one of them but they push back pretty hard and everyone backs off but Rammus: "I GOT THIS GUISE!!1" He jumps in with his ult, gets two kills immediately, a third after a few seconds (ensuring his death to the turret), and at this point I get there to clean up Ahri for the ace, which I only manage after chasing her back almost to the nexus turrets. They surrendered.

What are you playing with that?  Normal Blind pick?  I never see duo top lanes anymore and i'm all the way down to like 800 somethin ELO.

Around the Network

OK that's it, LOL Replay is going to have to go back on. I just played Twisted Treeline and TRASHED the enemy team. Went top vs. enemy Yi; killed him at level 2. By level 6 I was completely zoning him. Panth swapped with Yi, which would have been a much harder lane, but by then I was fed enough that he could only stem the bloodloss. They had Lulu and 3 exhausts, so I didn't automatically win 1v2 fights, and sometimes they got away ... but they never, never got ME. 12/0/3 ... out of 18 kills on the team.

The example that comes to mind of how much I dominated them is: They were taking red buff, Yi was going to get it. I ran in, stole red, they attacked me, I killed Yi, and at this point the rest of my team got there and they had to run. I helped chase them because I wasn't dangerously low.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Kasz216 said:

What are you playing with that?  Normal Blind pick?  I never see duo top lanes anymore and i'm all the way down to like 800 somethin ELO.

Normal draft.  Duo top is something I very, very rarely see, although honestly in this case I'm sure they would have ravaged top if we weren't also duo, compensating for not having a jungler.  Maybe they thought that forcing the jungler to lane would give them an advantage. 

Ranked games are all I do lately and I have an ELO of about 1600.

But yeah the Lol community is the worst I've ever seen. It's pretty incredible. I feel like I'm one of the rare person who doesn't let it get to him as I never call out someone who's bad and I don't reply to trollish comments.

Boutros said:
Ranked games are all I do lately and I have an ELO of about 1600.

But yeah the Lol community is the worst I've ever seen. It's pretty incredible. I feel like I'm one of the rare person who doesn't let it get to him as I never call out someone who's bad and I don't reply to trollish comments.

Well, I don't do a lot of trash talking.  I don't go blaming my team whenever I do bad or when I don't think they're backing me up, but I'm not quite saintlike enough to remain silent when the worst guy on the team starts bitching out the rest of us for sucking.  See the chat log I posted above ... I refrained from that sort of thing for the whole game, other than to plead with him to ward dragon and stop overextending, but when he said "bg" at the end the dam broke and the post-game chat was as you see. 

The initial feeling was of elation, but then after about 40 or so matches you saw recurring champions, some of which are just hilariously imbalanced for the mode. I think the issue lies with the dominion passive. As opposed to a universal passive, each champion should have a unique passive that buffs or nerfs them accordingly to the gameplay style of dominion.