By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2011: New York Giants Win Super Bowl XLVI

Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:

So no team can possibly be good enough to come back from a deficit on their own talents?  It has to do with the other teams "meltdown".  Whatever.  The Lions deserve their 4-0 record.

A lot of people think exactly like you.  This is why the 1969 Mets team is called "The Miracle Mets" even though the Cubs choked.   

You also completely disregard the fact that I am giving the Lions a lot of credit for playing hard and not giving up but come on, the Vikings and the Cowboys choked.  You should be happy though, the Lions are in a fine position to possibly make the playoffs.

Horrible analogy,  the Mets had no way to effect the Cubs downfall as they didnt play each other every game.  In that case it was the Cubs choking and the Mets just reaping the rewards.  

You claim you give them credit yet you turn around to say that it was the Vikings and the Cowboys that choked.  Nice double speak.

The Cubs and Mets played each other quite a bit if you would like to look it up...  Now you aren't giving the Mets any credit for played the amazing ball that they did at the end of that year.  Nice double speak.

Anyway, I see that there is no winning this argument with you and will leave it as is.  I will apologize when the Lions win the NFC North.  :p

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:

So no team can possibly be good enough to come back from a deficit on their own talents?  It has to do with the other teams "meltdown".  Whatever.  The Lions deserve their 4-0 record.

A lot of people think exactly like you.  This is why the 1969 Mets team is called "The Miracle Mets" even though the Cubs choked.   

You also completely disregard the fact that I am giving the Lions a lot of credit for playing hard and not giving up but come on, the Vikings and the Cowboys choked.  You should be happy though, the Lions are in a fine position to possibly make the playoffs.

Horrible analogy,  the Mets had no way to effect the Cubs downfall as they didnt play each other every game.  In that case it was the Cubs choking and the Mets just reaping the rewards.  

You claim you give them credit yet you turn around to say that it was the Vikings and the Cowboys that choked.  Nice double speak.

The Cubs and Mets played each other quite a bit if you would like to look it up...  Now you aren't giving the Mets any credit for played the amazing ball that they did at the end of that year.  Nice double speak.

Anyway, I see that there is no winning this argument with you and will leave it as is.  I will apologize when the Lions win the NFC North.  :p

4 times in the last 62 games is not quite a bit.  Mets played amazing ball but couldnt directly affect the way the Cubs were playing except in those 4 games.  The Cubs choked,  the Mets just did what they had to do. And they did it.

Lions wont win the NFC North,  they will place second and maybe get a WildCard.  The Packers have this division wrapped up,  they are the best team in Football.  

Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:

4 times in the last 62 games is not quit a bit.  Mets played amazing ball but couldnt directly affect the way the Cubs were playing except in those 4 games.  The Cubs choked,  the Mets just did what they had to do. And they did it.

Lions wont win the NFC North,  they will place second and maybe get a WildCard.  The Packers have this division wrapped up,  they are the best team in Football.  

Let's see.  I just looked up the Cubs 1969 scedule ad you know what?  You're right.  4 times in in last 62 games.  Unfortunately you don't mention that they played 6 out of 10 in the ten games before those 62.  You must be really good at picking cherries.

Now I'm not saying that the Lions can't win on Monday (they very well might).  I'm just saying that you claiming that they are going to blow out a team that was very close to making the Super Bowl last year while last year they temselves were 6-10 is downright disrepectful and borderline foolish.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:

4 times in the last 62 games is not quit a bit.  Mets played amazing ball but couldnt directly affect the way the Cubs were playing except in those 4 games.  The Cubs choked,  the Mets just did what they had to do. And they did it.

Let's see.  I just looked up the Cubs 1969 scedule ad you know what?  You're right.  4 times in in last 62 games.  Unfortunately you don't mention that they played 6 out of 10 in the ten games before those 62.  You must be really good at picking cherries.

Now I'm not saying that the Lions can't win on Monday (they very well might).  I'm just saying that you claiming that they are going to blow out a team that was very close to making the Super Bowl last year while last year they temselves were 6-10 is downright disrepectful and borderline foolish.

And when was the Cubs colapse?  In the last 30-40 games or so why would matchups 40 games before the colapse be relevant?  They wouldnt be.  Well I am better at picking cherries than you are at giving analogies.

And my prediction about this game was just that, a prediction.  Last years results mean shit this year.   Almost every division have different leaders this year compared to last.   Thats what great about football.  Now if the Bears were 4-0 this year, then it would be disrespectful.  But to say that a 4-0 team is going to torch a 2-2 isnt.  I may be to their over sensitive fans though

^^ ^^
At least I'm not giving up on the division already, even if the Packers are in it. I guess that Lions fans are used to losing though so it's to be expected.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
^^ ^^
At least I'm not giving up on the division already, even if the Packers are in it. I guess that Lions fans are used to losing though so it's to be expected.

Tuesday can't come soon enough to settle this bickering. I say Tuesday, because that is when Monday night is.

Hehe.  I'm not even saying that the Bears are definitely going to win.  I'm just saying that they aren't going to be blown out.  Most people in their right mind would agree with that.

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:

Tuesday can't come soon enough to settle this bickering. I say Tuesday, because that is when Monday night is.

Hehe.  I'm not even saying that the Bears are definitely going to win.  I'm just saying that they aren't going to be blown out.  Most people in their right mind would agree with that.

Just you watch. The Bears will build up a 20 points lead in the first half and then give the game out of their hands. Just like they did against the Saints in... um... 2003 or 2004?

I don't remember that game.  Probably a mental block. 

I have been told that I'm mental before.

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:

Just you watch. The Bears will build up a 20 points lead in the first half and then give the game out of their hands. Just like they did against the Saints in... um... 2003 or 2004?

I don't remember that game.  Probably a mental block. 

I have been told that I'm mental before.

Looks like it was in 2002. You know, the year when the Bears went for 4-12 after a 13-3 season.

The sad thing is that I stopped watching that match and did something else, because I didn't expect the Saints to make a comeback after the game was so onesided in the beginning.

Ah, Dick Jauron's final season.  I try to forget the whole thing.

Just one word of advice, Rol.  Refrain from calling an American football game a match.   Everyone in America calls it a game. 

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Ah, Dick Jauron's final season.  I try to forget the whole thing.

Just one word of advice, Rol.  Refrain from calling an American football game a match.   Everyone in America calls it a game. 

Is there any particular reason why a handegg game shouldn't be called a match?

Not really.  It's just how us Yanks talk. 

Also, I noticed in the OP that you said that someone was leading the table.  No one says that either.  We say, that they are at the top of the standings.

I don't mean to nitpick.  I appreciate you making this thread, but an American football thread should sound American.   

VIKINGS BIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!

Hm? What's that? They've had big leads in the first half 3 times this season and lost? Oh ok, I'll refrain from celebrating early.

I am the Playstation Avenger.