By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2011: New York Giants Win Super Bowl XLVI

Well my Cowboys are on a bye this week so i guess i will start off by saying that the eagles suck lol Dream team classic set themselves up for failure

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
I expect the Bears to barely beat the Lions this Monday night. Why? Because this past week they barely beat a team that wears the same colors as the Lions and also has cats on their helmets.

Well I actually expect the Lions to torch the Bears this monday,  after Suh or Vanden Bosch knocks Cutler out of the game early on.  

I love it when Lions fans get cocky and brash after a good start.  I remember hearing how great they are when they started the season 6-2 in 2007. 

I honestly think that the game is going to be close and could go either way (not a blowout like you are saying).  If I were a betting man, I'd bet on the Bears.  Why?  The Lions definitely are due to lose.  To be honest, they only won their last two games because of an epic collapse by their opponents.  They really should be 2-2.  This isn't to take anything away from them thoughThey continued to play hard and pull it out when the other team fell apart.  But let's put it this way, if they fall behind by 20 points against the Bears don't expect them to come back and win.

The Lions best strategy would be stopping the run.  Then they can blitz the crap out of Cutler.  I hope that they try things your way though, and Forte runs for 205 yards again. :p  Don't worry about Cutler though, his recievers drop all of his passes and he can't block for himself when he drops back to pass.

The lions wernt great in 2007,  they didnt have all the peices they have now.  

For one,  the Lions beat those teams because they capitlized on their screwups, even a bad team will lose if the other team "colapses" as you say.  Not to mention that you give no credit to the Lions possibly having a part in those colapses.   

As for stopping the run, the Lions held the best running back in football to under 80 yards,  Forte rushed for 200 against one of the worst defenses in football.  

See I did give them credit.  I also give Tony Romo credit for playing like a pee wee league QB in the second half of his game against the Lions.  I'm not saying that the Lions are talentless or anything like that.  Far from it, but they should be 2-2.  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Let's go Titans! Renewed hope with a 3-1 record so far and Hasselbeck playing well at QB. Chris Johnson needs to step his game up a bit though; 2000 yards down to a still respectable 1350 last year...but now just 199 in the first 4 games? Come on dude.

amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
I expect the Bears to barely beat the Lions this Monday night. Why? Because this past week they barely beat a team that wears the same colors as the Lions and also has cats on their helmets.

Well I actually expect the Lions to torch the Bears this monday,  after Suh or Vanden Bosch knocks Cutler out of the game early on.  

I love it when Lions fans get cocky and brash after a good start.  I remember hearing how great they are when they started the season 6-2 in 2007. 

I honestly think that the game is going to be close and could go either way (not a blowout like you are saying).  If I were a betting man, I'd bet on the Bears.  Why?  The Lions definitely are due to lose.  To be honest, they only won their last two games because of an epic collapse by their opponents.  They really should be 2-2.  This isn't to take anything away from them thoughThey continued to play hard and pull it out when the other team fell apart.  But let's put it this way, if they fall behind by 20 points against the Bears don't expect them to come back and win.

The Lions best strategy would be stopping the run.  Then they can blitz the crap out of Cutler.  I hope that they try things your way though, and Forte runs for 205 yards again. :p  Don't worry about Cutler though, his recievers drop all of his passes and he can't block for himself when he drops back to pass.

For one,  the Lions beat those teams because they capitlized on their screwups, even a bad team will lose if the other team "colapses" as you say.  Not to mention that you give no credit to the Lions possibly having a part in those colapses.   

As for stopping the run, the Lions held the best running back in football to under 80 yards,  Forte rushed for 200 against one of the worst defenses in football.  

See I did give them credit.  I also give Tony Romo credit for playing like a pee wee league QB in the second half of his game against the Lions.  I'm not saying that the Lions are talentless or anything like that.  Far from it, but they should be 2-2.  

Saying they should be 2-2 and not the 4-0 record they have isnt giving them any credit.   

Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:

Saying they should be 2-2 and not the 4-0 record they have isnt giving them any credit.   

No man, it's telling the truth.  No team should lose when they have a 20 point lead at halftime.  Did the Lions have to play well in the 2nd half of those games?  Yes, but the opposition had to cave in like a house of cards in order for it to happen. 

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:

I honestly think that the game is going to be close and could go either way (not a blowout like you are saying).  If I were a betting man, I'd bet on the Bears.  Why?  The Lions definitely are due to lose.  To be honest, they only won their last two games because of an epic collapse by their opponents.  They really should be 2-2.  This isn't to take anything away from them though.  They continued to play hard and pulled it out while the other team fell apart.  But let's put it this way, if they fall behind by 20 points against the Bears don't expect them to come back and win.

For one,  the Lions beat those teams because they capitlized on their screwups, even a bad team will lose if the other team "colapses" as you say.  Not to mention that you give no credit to the Lions possibly having a part in those colapses.   

Explain to me why you think that Peterson is the best back in football.  Is it because he earns the most money or because he has the most fumbles?  Last year, like you yourself said above said he wasn't the best, and he isn't off to a great start this year either.

Having the best stats doesnt automatically make you the best, especially at RB.  But I have already explained this to Rol in another reply,  so see that for my reasons.

amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:

No man, it's telling the truth.  No team should lose when they have a 20 point lead at halftime.  Did the Lions have to play well in the 2nd half of those games?  Yes, but the opposition had to cave in like a house of cards in order for it to happen. 

So no team can possibly be good enough to come back from a deficit on their own talents?  It has to do with the other teams "meltdown".  Whatever.  The Lions deserve their 4-0 record.

my last sunday game was the jets and baltimore,it was a pretty crazy game for mistakes i think but i like that rice player he seems pretty good at his job to me

i also like ravens,crows,rooks,magpies.jackdaw that family of birds and i think they had a raven at the ground well i 'm sure i saw someone with one

Above & Beyond

Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:
amp316 said:

So no team can possibly be good enough to come back from a deficit on their own talents?  It has to do with the other teams "meltdown".  Whatever.  The Lions deserve their 4-0 record.

A lot of people think exactly like you.  This is why the 1969 Mets team is called "The Miracle Mets" even though the Cubs choked.   

You also completely disregard the fact that I am giving the Lions a lot of credit for playing hard and not giving up but come on, the Vikings and the Cowboys choked.  You should be happy though, the Lions are in a fine position to possibly make the playoffs.

amp316 said:
Vetteman94 said:

A lot of people think exactly like you.  This is why the 1969 Mets team is called "The Miracle Mets" even though the Cubs choked.   

You also completely disregard the fact that I am giving the Lions a lot of credit for playing hard and not giving up but come on, the Vikings and the Cowboys choked.  You should be happy though, the Lions are in a fine position to possibly make the playoffs.

Horrible analogy,  the Mets had no way to effect the Cubs downfall as they didnt play each other every game.  In that case it was the Cubs choking and the Mets just reaping the rewards.  

You claim you give them credit yet you turn around to say that it was the Vikings and the Cowboys that choked.  Nice double speak.