By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces PSN exclusives campaign (PS2 Games on PSN)

kitler53 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
“‘Only On PlayStation Network’ is our line of great exclusive games that users can count on to deliver exciting game experiences that can’t be found anywhere else,”

Yes, count on PSN to deliver EXCLUSIVE experiences that can't found anywhere... excluding PS2.

Sony just seems out of touch. These PS2 games are only gonna appeal to a small number of niche gamers even if God Hand is one of the greatest games ever. PSN needs some great exclusives that are actually exclusive.

so now bringing content to consumers is a bad thing??

...i'd love to see you enter one of the project rainfall threads just to see you get torn to shreads.

Obviously I'm refering to the content being brought to the table. More content is great, but If Sony wants to get people excited about PS2 games coming to PS3 they are gonna have to do better than this. Just an example, its nice they have niche titles in the PS One Classics library. But people are more interested in the more popular titles. Same goes for Virtual Console.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
kitler53 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
“‘Only On PlayStation Network’ is our line of great exclusive games that users can count on to deliver exciting game experiences that can’t be found anywhere else,”

Yes, count on PSN to deliver EXCLUSIVE experiences that can't found anywhere... excluding PS2.

Sony just seems out of touch. These PS2 games are only gonna appeal to a small number of niche gamers even if God Hand is one of the greatest games ever. PSN needs some great exclusives that are actually exclusive.

so now bringing content to consumers is a bad thing??

...i'd love to see you enter one of the project rainfall threads just to see you get torn to shreads.

Obviously I'm refering to the content being brought to the table. More content is great, but If Sony wants to get people excited about PS2 games coming to PS3 they are gonna have to do better than this. Just an example, its nice they have niche titles in the PS One Classics library. But people are more interested in the more popular titles. Same goes for Virtual Console.

You mean the games everybody and their mother have already played? I've had a PS2 since 2001, over 50 titles bought and only heard of god hand and maximo, which I still never played. Why bother putting popular PS2 games, that most of us have already played and beat, with no trophy or even HD remastered?

Instead, it sounds like a much better idea to put cult classic games, so to speak. Games that not many people tried when they first arrived but have gather a fan base over the years. Put those games up for sales so hardcore PS2 players like me, who never got the chance to try them out, can try them out. Then again, if the price tag is over $20, disregard, everything I just said :/ ...... I am a cheap bastard

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

oniyide said:
LOL at Mr.Pugsley, you try trolling anything Sony and came up with nothing. THey need PSN exclusives, they gave you a list genius, did you even read the whole thing.
OT i was excited for ODin Sphere but if its just gonna be a conversion, the frame rate will still suck. Pass

Well some of those games are on or will be on Steam and five others are PS2 games. If Sony is gonna boast about exclusive content why give us a list with very little exclusives?

Frankly, I don't think these games are gonna get much attention. Payday seems to be the only one with potential of being a hit.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
oniyide said:
LOL at Mr.Pugsley, you try trolling anything Sony and came up with nothing. THey need PSN exclusives, they gave you a list genius, did you even read the whole thing.
OT i was excited for ODin Sphere but if its just gonna be a conversion, the frame rate will still suck. Pass

Well some of those games are on or will be on Steam and five others are PS2 games. If Sony is gonna boast about exclusive content why give us a list with very little exclusives?

Frankly, I don't think these games are gonna get much attention. Payday seems to be the only one with potential of being a hit.

You don't know that yet. Okabu's and Sideway: New York both have a very appealing art style that catches the eye, while Infamous and Pixeljunk Sidescroller both look great (past games in those series have been awesome). It'll be interesting to see how the Infamous title puts its spin on the vampire lore, and past Pixeljunk games have been pretty good quality.

Areym said:

You mean the games everybody and their mother have already played? I've had a PS2 since 2001, over 50 titles bought and only heard of god hand and maximo, which I still never played. Why bother putting popular PS2 games, that most of us have already played and beat, with no trophy or even HD remastered?

Instead, it sounds like a much better idea to put cult classic games, so to speak. Games that not many people tried when they first arrived but have gather a fan base over the years. Put those games up for sales so hardcore PS2 players like me, who never got the chance to try them out, can try them out. Then again, if the price tag is over $20, disregard, everything I just said :/ ...... I am a cheap bastard

Just recently I finished games like Metal Gear Solid (PS1) and Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube). I was a hardcore gamer when those titles were released so why did I wait so long? My interest changed over the years. I had absolutely no desire to play them in the past, but decided to give them a try recently and I really enjoyed them. Bear in mind not every gamer is in their 20s and older. There are plenty of people who were just too young to enjoy some of those more popular titles.

But hey, its nice to see new games added even if they are niche titles that will only appeal to a small number. I just think Sony needs to dig out some more popular titles.

Recently Completed

Around the Network

I applaud Sony on getting these PS2 gems on PSN. I Want almost every last one of them and many of those new PSN titles looks great too. I love that they are catering to this niche. This particular niche of gamer spends a lot of money on games anyway and it's great to see them try to lure that type of consumer in particular to PSN. They have plenty of mainstream games already. They need to recapture the niche gamers that passed on PS3 because of it's early lack of Japanese games.

This reminds me of when EA takes a feature out of Madden and then brings it back a few years later as a "new" feature.

MrT-Tar said:
oniyide said:

When it comes out, just set up a European PSN account and get the PAL version.  

I've got a copy of Odin Sphere on my PAL PS2 and never encountered any real slowdown and I always assumed it was reviewers being harsh, only recently I have heard that the PAL version of the game had significantly less slowdown than the NTSC version (or so I've heard).

sounds good, i actually have a European account but damned if i remember the password

Good news for God Hand hopefully it will at least have trophies

I'd prefer the return of PS2 backwards compatibility, but I do understand that this is another way to make good money which is completely understandable. Sony can do a lot with this to make up for the removal of PS2 backwards compatibility. If there is no region-locking on these downloadable PS2 games, then I think it will be really great to download some of those interesting PS2 games which never left Japan.

“I want to live fully, very intensely. I would never want to live partially, suffering from illness or injury. If I ever happen to have an accident that eventually costs my life, I hope it happens in one instant.” - Ayrton Senna