By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console do you Prefer and why?

Which Console do you prefer?

Microsoft Xbox 360 75 24.59%

Nintendo Wii 65 21.31%

Sony PlayStation 3 165 54.10%

Total:305
JTrotter90 said:
I have no favourites per se. But, I have an Xbox 360, so will support it.

1. Xbox Live is fantastic, and it works very well. The older I get, the more I get used to paying for things I want, so I have no problem with the cost.

2. The Controller: it works; and is comfortable for all sizes of hand. Superb.

3. Variety of game: not what you would suspect; has a large proportion of none console exclusive games, something I actually applaud; money is tight, so the more the merrier.

Still, the PS3 has some wonderful exlclusives, and the Wii has Mario Galaxy 2, so, the happiest person is the one with the most consoles!

totally agreed, I love having all three because I'm not excluded from having options, or missing out on games I like just because I don't have it. as I've stated in the past, I love variety, so limiting myself to only one or two consoles is just too restrictive in my eye.  Though Nintendo had the right idea: "We want people to buy either a PS3 or 360 AND a Wii", because that only excludes you from whatever exclusives one of the HD consoles had.  

though I still maintain that the 360's lineup is pretty damn shooter heavy, definitely a lot of emphasis on that type of game on that system (which is part of why the system is doing so well, Shooters are IN) 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
adsl said:
oniyide said:
adsl said:
oniyide said:
adsl said:
oniyide said:
adsl said:
oniyide said:
adsl said:
oniyide said:
adsl said:

The Wii.

It has the most balanced library of the games this gen. Women, children, adults, teenage, old-school... and even hardcore games can find good gamers among its library.

looks for Fallout3, GTA, SF4, ME nope cant find these

Are you saing that those are the only good hardcore games in ther market?

nope, but those are popular series, and some of them dont even have an equivalent..

So you are not dening the that the Wii have some good harcore games?

my bad, it was never my intention to to say Wii did not have some good hardcore games.  But those i mentioned are heavy hitters. I just find it strange how someone can say that Wii has the most balanced library of games, when some genres are really underrepresented and other gneres simply dont exist on Wii. That not me trying to crap on Wii, it simply is MISSING genres

I see, this why instead of start a discussion I just tryed to understand what you said before... As every other console the Wii has underrepresented or nonexistent geners, however it has games that apeal to single type of gamer (unlike the onther consoles), this why I consider its library balanced compared to the PS360 where 90% of where made for a small part of the market (the hardcore gamers).

if this was 2009 id agree with you, but Move and Kinect kind of debunks this, as it stands now, those unique Wii games (exercise, dance, minigame compilations etc,) are availabe on the HDs.  There is not that many of them, but they are there. But there is not as much fighting, racing, FPS, TPS, on the Wii either, so it kinda balances out if you have both. But is there a game type on WII that cant be found on HDs?? And vice versa?? No to the first, yes to the 2nd

Let me use a example: the PS360 can have 1000 fitness games, but if they better why aren't they selling more then Wii Fit? The answer is simple: they don't appeal to the Wii Fit audience... My concept of balance has nothing to do with number of games or number of generes.

??? Those 1000 fitness games dont do as good as WiiFIt on WIi anyway, so i dont see your point. I never said they were better all i said is that they are no longer exclusive to the Wii like they were. Whereas stuff like Fallout is not on WIi, but HDs. Your concept of balance has nothing to do with number of games or genres?? That makes little sense, considering thats exactly what balance is on a gaming system. Even if your using sales as a balance (which i dont know why you would) its still lopsided. WiiFIT did like 20mil? EA sports active did like 1.5 mil?? how is that balance?? im not even going to get into how much the "core" games sell on the system

It's simple:

1) Wii has games that apeal to everyone, this is why every type of gamer (childreen, adults, males, females, etc) can buy one. In other words it has a balanced library.

2) PS360 have games that apeal only to hardcore gamers and this why only hardcore gamers buy those consoles. In other words it has a unbalanced library.

3) Wii Fit is just a good example of game that apeal to a large audience and the PS360 have nothing that apeal to the same audience (what we can conclude based on the sales of PS360 Wii Fit clones).

1) what about WRPG fans?? So it really doesnt have games to appeal to everyone.

2)This point is simply wrong, if someone wanted an exercise game, they could get one, just like dancing, sports, hell even fishing

3) I could use that same argument against Wii by that logic Wii really doesnt have anything that appeals to the hardcore gamer since none of those games on Wii do as well as the PS360 versions. Look at COD numbers And BTW they do have exercise games on PS360, so wouldnt those appeal to the WiiFit audience??

Dark_soul said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
Dark_soul said:
Ps3 definitely

-Free online, no one has ever charged for online before or since MS and frankly xbl doesn't really do much that psn can't and pc online does more so what exactly are you paying for?

-Games, the vast majority of the worthwhile ones on 360 seem to be multiplat and I don't particularly care about a resolution notch or prettier grass. Where ps3 has so many exclusives in so many genres I want.

-Reliability 360 isn't even close to, well it kinda is now but it took 5 years to get to that point so yeah...

-All the nickle and dimming MS does with the HDDs and other stuff.

-Rechargeable controllers, using standard batteries just seems outdated, I'd rather have a wired one frankly.

-Blu ray media and music options are a small plus.

Pretty much the only thing 360 has that I wish ps3 had was custom music available in all games, for ps3 only some can do it and it always seems to be the ones I don't even consider using because the in game music works better for the setting.

Bias much?

How is any of that biased? 

I don't think it's biased at all...they're all very fair and rational points. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Playstation 3
why?

1. Free online, i don't want to pay for online
2. Better controller
3. Better Graphics, ive played both systems and the difference favours the ps3
4. Better Exclusives
5. Brand, ive been with playstation all my life and im just used to it
6. Blu ray and dvd upscaling
7. Uncharted 3

the wii comes in a close 2nd

when did the 360 fans outnumber the Wii fans on this site???

Around the Network

Well for me, a lot of my favorite games this gen are multiplatform (Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed series, Rock Band series, Portal series), but my favorite exclusives this gen is Ratchet and Clank, Smash Brothers Brawl, and Left 4 Dead (No idea why that one stuck so well to me).

But that said, I don't think any game system, save the PS2, is even in the same league of exclusives that the PS3 is. God of War (Collections, Origins, III), Uncharted (Fortune, Theives, Deception), Ratchet and Clank (Tools, Crack, All 4 One), Resistance (1-3), Killzone (2-3), Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid 4, ModNation Racers, LittleBigPlanet (1, 2), inFamous (1, 2), Motorstorm (1, PAcific rift, Apocalypse), Heavy Rain, Ico Collection, Heavenly Sword, 3D Dot Game Heroes (shuddap, loved that game!), MAG (Also good but needs polish), and that's just the games I HAVE, there are more, like the MLB: The show series (07-11), Gran Turismo (5 Prologue, 5), and more, I think.

On Xbox, we have Halo (3, ODST, Wars, Reach, 1 Anniversary, 4), Gears of War (1-3), Left 4 Dead (1-2), Mass Effect 1, Fable (II, III), Perfect Dark, Viva Pinata (1, Party Animals), and that's what I have, whereas there's also...Alan Wake? what else am I missing that's a big deal on that system?

Not to say 360 is poor, I just think the PS3 is much more varied, and I like all of those games, save perhaps Motorstorm (I got it for 4 dollars at Gamestop...was worth a shot).

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

I prefer the PS3 because:

1. Decent online
2. Exclusives
3. Blu-Ray

If there was one thing I could change about he PS3, it would be the controller. It is so small, and hard to play with sometimes.

The Wii comes in second.

Another major factor for me, that I haven't discussed much:

I love the 360, don't get me wrong, but I can't even turn on my system without a loud, almost grinding hum. Sometimes it DOES grind, and I avoid using it (which is why my PS3 game list is over 60 while my 360 list is at 30, or so) and using the PS3 more often. my PS3 makes nary a sound, and runs perfectly, never glitching, freezing, grinding, or anything.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

JGarret said:
binary solo said:
PS3 because it's got my favourite games: Ratchet & Clank (carry over from PS2), Buzz (also from PS2), Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles.

There's also the Blu-ray.

Free online is good because I don't play online much, but when I do it's good I don't have to pay for the privilege.

But 90% of the reason is the games.

Glad to see another gamer that enjoys Ratchet & Clank...between Tools of Destruction and a Crack in Time, which one do you prefer?...I prefer the former, not quite sure why, I just do.

I preferred a Crack in Time. Though Tools of Destruction comes very close. It's the Clank segments of the game that make the difference I think. I quite liked the puzzle elements with Clank.

I wonder, now that Insomniac are fully commited to being multiplatform, whether we'll ever see another Ratchet game from them.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
360 is my favorite. Has almost everything a guy could wish for.

Except Blu-Ray and Uncharted!

Hence the almost part