By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console do you Prefer and why?

Which Console do you prefer?

Microsoft Xbox 360 75 24.59%

Nintendo Wii 65 21.31%

Sony PlayStation 3 165 54.10%

Total:305
Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:
Jay520 said:

First BHR, now YOU! ....There is a disturbance in the chartz.

Yeah that's shocking. And it's not like they have very good reasons for it.

BHR's reasoning I forgot probably because it was confusing. And Hatmoza prefers X360 due to Kinnect? He turning into a casual?

Hatmoza was always a casual, that's why he became the black sheep. He admitted that he likes DDR pretty much as soon as he started posting here.

-Oh. is DDR for both PS2 and PS3?

DDR is available for all current gen home consoles.

And derailing the thread...you´re still playing Oblivion, man?...that´s some dedication right there.

Around the Network
adsl said:
oniyide said:
adsl said:
oniyide said:
adsl said:
oniyide said:
adsl said:
oniyide said:
adsl said:

The Wii.

It has the most balanced library of the games this gen. Women, children, adults, teenage, old-school... and even hardcore games can find good gamers among its library.

looks for Fallout3, GTA, SF4, ME nope cant find these

Are you saing that those are the only good hardcore games in ther market?

nope, but those are popular series, and some of them dont even have an equivalent..

So you are not dening the that the Wii have some good harcore games?

my bad, it was never my intention to to say Wii did not have some good hardcore games.  But those i mentioned are heavy hitters. I just find it strange how someone can say that Wii has the most balanced library of games, when some genres are really underrepresented and other gneres simply dont exist on Wii. That not me trying to crap on Wii, it simply is MISSING genres

I see, this why instead of start a discussion I just tryed to understand what you said before... As every other console the Wii has underrepresented or nonexistent geners, however it has games that apeal to single type of gamer (unlike the onther consoles), this why I consider its library balanced compared to the PS360 where 90% of where made for a small part of the market (the hardcore gamers).

if this was 2009 id agree with you, but Move and Kinect kind of debunks this, as it stands now, those unique Wii games (exercise, dance, minigame compilations etc,) are availabe on the HDs.  There is not that many of them, but they are there. But there is not as much fighting, racing, FPS, TPS, on the Wii either, so it kinda balances out if you have both. But is there a game type on WII that cant be found on HDs?? And vice versa?? No to the first, yes to the 2nd

Let me use a example: the PS360 can have 1000 fitness games, but if they better why aren't they selling more then Wii Fit? The answer is simple: they don't appeal to the Wii Fit audience... My concept of balance has nothing to do with number of games or number of generes.

??? Those 1000 fitness games dont do as good as WiiFIt on WIi anyway, so i dont see your point. I never said they were better all i said is that they are no longer exclusive to the Wii like they were. Whereas stuff like Fallout is not on WIi, but HDs. Your concept of balance has nothing to do with number of games or genres?? That makes little sense, considering thats exactly what balance is on a gaming system. Even if your using sales as a balance (which i dont know why you would) its still lopsided. WiiFIT did like 20mil? EA sports active did like 1.5 mil?? how is that balance?? im not even going to get into how much the "core" games sell on the system

JGarret said:
Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:
Jay520 said:

BHR's reasoning I forgot probably because it was confusing. And Hatmoza prefers X360 due to Kinnect? He turning into a casual?

Hatmoza was always a casual, that's why he became the black sheep. He admitted that he likes DDR pretty much as soon as he started posting here.

And derailing the thread...you´re still playing Oblivion, man?...that´s some dedication right there.

Yes I am. Best game ever made. And soon I will play through the vanilla version once more by getting the 5th Anniversary edition for my PS3.

Slimebeast said:
JGarret said:
Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:
Jay520 said:

Yes I am. Best game ever made. And soon I will play through the vanilla version once more by getting the 5th Anniversary edition for my PS3.

I didn´t know you had a PS3, I thought you only had a 360...but anyway, Skyrim comes out next month...will you finally put Oblivion aside?

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
RolStoppable said:

Trauma series, point & click, the video game/board game crossover (like Mario Party).

there are point and click games on PSN/XBLA and there are board games too. Never played Trauma series.

Depends if we really want to call pad controlled titles point & click games, but I am willing to give this one up, because I don't care enough.

As for board games, I am not talking about stuff like Risk. And there's definitely nothing like the Trauma series (awesome games) on the HD consoles.

I really only need to be one out of three here.

They do have Move for those point and click just like wiimote, i wasnt really talking Risk myself. There might not be something like Trauma series, but according to the Wiki, it is a visual novel type game and those have been released on other consoles.  BUT i have never played it so i will just take your word for it, is it like Phoenix Wright?? Because ive had that on Wii for awhile, hated it, gave it another go and love it

Around the Network
JGarret said:
Slimebeast said:
JGarret said:
Slimebeast said:

I didn´t know you had a PS3, I thought you only had a 360...but anyway, Skyrim comes out next month...will you finally put Oblivion aside?

Yes, I will put Oblivion almost completely aside once Skyrim comes out. Still going to be checking out mods for Oblivion once in a while though.

How about you, had any interest in Oblivion and any excitement for Skyrim?

Slimebeast said:
JGarret said:
Slimebeast said:
JGarret said:
Slimebeast said:

Yes, I will put Oblivion almost completely aside once Skyrim comes out. Still going to be checking out mods for Oblivion once in a while though.

How about you, had any interest in Oblivion and any excitement for Skyrim?

Of course!!...I must have put 300 hours into Oblivion back in 2006/2007.

Skyrim is one of my most anticipated games this year..and in this whole generation too.

PS3 because it's got my favourite games: Ratchet & Clank (carry over from PS2), Buzz (also from PS2), Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles.

There's also the Blu-ray.

Free online is good because I don't play online much, but when I do it's good I don't have to pay for the privilege.

But 90% of the reason is the games.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Xbox 360 for me because of the ever changing dashboard and the great addicting online games like Halo,Gears and Pgr, i love the Xbox 360 online and the community involved. I like the Xbox 360 control and the dashboard i like the cross game chat and the multitasking ability that the Xbox offers. I like that i can put many things in my profile like the bio,ect i like the voice message option and the in game music. I like how the Achievements don't sync and there just there. I love the online because people use mics. I love Alan wake for single player. I never bought the Xbox original because of the ugly design and the lack of games, but when the Xbox 360 came out and Gears was announced i knew i had to get it and give it a try. My Xbox is 6 years and still running strong.

binary solo said:
PS3 because it's got my favourite games: Ratchet & Clank (carry over from PS2), Buzz (also from PS2), Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles.

There's also the Blu-ray.

Free online is good because I don't play online much, but when I do it's good I don't have to pay for the privilege.

But 90% of the reason is the games.

Glad to see another gamer that enjoys Ratchet & Clank...between Tools of Destruction and a Crack in Time, which one do you prefer?...I prefer the former, not quite sure why, I just do.