By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console do you Prefer and why?

Which Console do you prefer?

Microsoft Xbox 360 75 24.59%

Nintendo Wii 65 21.31%

Sony PlayStation 3 165 54.10%

Total:305
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
when did the 360 fans outnumber the Wii fans on this site???

Happened sometime this year. Nintendo fans are dropping out, either due to Nintendo's change in direction, the level of discourse on this site going down or both.

thats true, i guess PS3 fans do outnumber everyone else here, i was wrong

Around the Network

i pick the ps3... its the only one i have...
wii is nothing of my style... don't like mario one bit.
xbox charge for on-line and that is against my nature of years and years of on-line free of charge in the PC gaming world...
PS3 was a natural choise... since i am european, i like japan better than usa. so it is easier on the conscience.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I'm a Playstation 3 guy. I love the variety of games for the system, plus I love the free online and all the other features the system has. I guess I always relied on my Sony consoles more than the others (I think this gen will be the first in which I won't own all three consoles; I own a Wii, but have no plans to own a 360), which you can tell from my game collection.

ps3
1) best online
2) best graphics
3) best and most games
4) best multimedia features
5) best controller, for mot genres, especially FPS's because of the smaller dead zone on the analog sticks
6) even better controller in the Move, the most precise and accurate controller of them all, even more so than the DS3

360. Why, you ask?

-Well, with 360, I never feel alone. I'll be playing a 360 game and kill a bad guy and it will pop up on screen that I killed 47 while Naznatips killed 60 or that I finished a level in 3 minutes while PrincessNya420 finished it in 2 minutes and 8 seconds. It gives me a little motivation to keep on playing. Even when the game doesn't include this feature, there's almost always a leaderboard or something so that I can compare myself with my friends. And when I play a particular game or even when I log into Netflix, the console will tell me "Friends playing this game". It's seemless!

-Kinect. I was afraid I'd get bored of it but that hasn't happened, yet. I LOVE casual games like Dance Ninja and Fruit Ninja. When people come over, it's insane. It's like a fucking TV commercial. Everybody is laughing and going crazy. That hasn't happened since the Wii first came out and we were all Wario Ware crazy. Kinect has maintained that "new" feeling far longer than I expected.

-Cross game chat. I don't talk to a lot of people online but for the select few that I call friends, I love talking to them while we do whatever it is we do. I got kicked out of a party in Call of Duty on PS3. I tried to rejoin but I couldn't. I sent a message to my partner but he didn't read it. He just asked me the next day why I quit playing (I didn't quit but they were raping me online!). If it were 360, even though I was on the title screen trying to rejoin, I could've still talked to them.

-It has the games I want. Gears of War, for me, is the best new series of this generation. There's only one place to find it. And there's a ton of lesser known games that I'm in love with, too. Lost Odyssey is my favorite JRPG this gen. Viva Pinata Party Animals is my favorite Mario Party rip-off. Dance Central is my favorite motion control game. World of Keflings became my obssession for weeks after I downloaded it. Even the downloadable titles seem like their on a higher level than the competition. And how can I forget to mention that, even though the PS3 and 360 have a 90% identical library, the 360 version is better (not significantly, but if you can get the best version, why settle for less?) most of the time. It's my multi-plat go to system.

-The little things. Installing a game so that my console runs silently and they load faster, almost instant updates (haven't played Call of Duty 2 in years but I bet it would update in less than 30 seconds), Achievements in every single game, demos for every downloadable title, an amazing controller, custom soundtracks, what else can I say?

Wii and PS3 seem to be getting more exclusive games these days but when it's an exclusive I don't get excited for, what's the point? When a 360 exclusive comes along (Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable), it feels like an event. There's electricity in the air--you can feel it! It's like being part of something big. I just don't get that feeling from any of my other console's titles (except when Smash Bros. Brawl came out. That was huge!).

I have two 360's. A 60gb Jasper in the living room (for Kinect) and a 250gb Slim in the game room. Before this gen, this would never happen. Now, not only do I have two of the exact same console, often times, both are being played at the same time. Xbox is doing something right. That's why I love it.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
360. Why, you ask?

-Well, with 360, I never feel alone. I'll be playing a 360 game and kill a bad guy and it will pop up on screen that I killed 47 while Naznatips killed 60 or that I finished a level in 3 minutes while PrincessNya420 finished it in 2 minutes and 8 seconds. It gives me a little motivation to keep on playing. Even when the game doesn't include this feature, there's almost always a leaderboard or something so that I can compare myself with my friends. And when I play a particular game or even when I log into Netflix, the console will tell me "Friends playing this game". It's seemless!

-Kinect. I was afraid I'd get bored of it but that hasn't happened, yet. I LOVE casual games like Dance Ninja and Fruit Ninja. When people come over, it's insane. It's like a fucking TV commercial. Everybody is laughing and going crazy. That hasn't happened since the Wii first came out and we were all Wario Ware crazy. Kinect has maintained that "new" feeling far longer than I expected.

-Cross game chat. I don't talk to a lot of people online but for the select few that I call friends, I love talking to them while we do whatever it is we do. I got kicked out of a party in Call of Duty on PS3. I tried to rejoin but I couldn't. I sent a message to my partner but he didn't read it. He just asked me the next day why I quit playing (I didn't quit but they were raping me online!). If it were 360, even though I was on the title screen trying to rejoin, I could've still talked to them.

-It has the games I want. Gears of War, for me, is the best new series of this generation. There's only one place to find it. And there's a ton of lesser known games that I'm in love with, too. Lost Odyssey is my favorite JRPG this gen. Viva Pinata Party Animals is my favorite Mario Party rip-off. Dance Central is my favorite motion control game. World of Keflings became my obssession for weeks after I downloaded it. Even the downloadable titles seem like their on a higher level than the competition. And how can I forget to mention that, even though the PS3 and 360 have a 90% identical library, the 360 version is better (not significantly, but if you can get the best version, why settle for less?) most of the time. It's my multi-plat go to system.

-The little things. Installing a game so that my console runs silently and they load faster, almost instant updates (haven't played Call of Duty 2 in years but I bet it would update in less than 30 seconds), Achievements in every single game, demos for every downloadable title, an amazing controller, custom soundtracks, what else can I say?

Wii and PS3 seem to be getting more exclusive games these days but when it's an exclusive I don't get excited for, what's the point? When a 360 exclusive comes along (Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable), it feels like an event. There's electricity in the air--you can feel it! It's like being part of something big. I just don't get that feeling from any of my other console's titles (except when Smash Bros. Brawl came out. That was huge!).

I have two 360's. A 60gb Jasper in the living room (for Kinect) and a 250gb Slim in the game room. Before this gen, this would never happen. Now, not only do I have two of the exact same console, often times, both are being played at the same time. Xbox is doing something right. That's why I love it.

Closer to 70% then 90% do a bit of math next time. Also when only 2 exclusives come out a year it better be an event. 

Dark_soul said:

Closer to 70% then 90% do a bit of math next time. Also when only 2 exclusives come out a year it better be an event. 

70%?  So out of every 10 games released on the PS3, three of them are exclusive.  Gotcha. 

I prefer 360 and use it as my primary console for single player and online games. Wii is a nice secondary console and I prefer for local multiplayer. And of course, I still love Nintendo's games for the most part, as they're of the highest quality and are the games I grew up playing.

PS3 doesn't do it for me. It's just a "me too" console that tries to do everything the 360 and Wii do, plus it tends to stress the cinematic style gaming more so than the others, which I loathe.

Metallicube said:
I prefer 360 and use it as my primary console for single player and online games. Wii is a nice secondary console and I prefer for local multiplayer. And of course, I still love Nintendo's games for the most part, as they're of the highest quality and are the games I grew up playing.

PS3 doesn't do it for me. It's just a "me too" console that tries to do everything the 360 and Wii do, plus it tends to stress the cinematic style gaming more so than the others, which I loathe.

How is trying to do everything your rivals do a bad thing?

I'm going with the PS3 mainly and here are some of the main reasons.

1) The PS3's library of game panders to my taste in games much better than any other current generation console. It only falls short to the PS2.
2) Free online. Though $50/year really isn't a lot, its still $50 that stays in my bank account or at least goes to another of my hobbies. Also since I don't really like playing fighters online all that much, this so-called inferior netcode doesn't matter so much to me.
3) Region-free games. I absolutely love the fact that all PS3 games are region-free. Whenever I see a Japanese-exclusive game on the 360 (such as Phantom Breaker and a few Cave shmups) and its region-locked, it really disappoints me and makes me wish it would release on PS3 so I could easily bypass region coding without having to import a marked-up Japanese console. Also, it really helps me get a jump on a game I really want to play when I'm too impatient to wait x amount of time for the domestic release. I did that for quite a few games; Cross Edge, Trinity Universe, Hyperdimension Neptuinia, BlazBlue Continuum Shift, and Disgaea 4.

“I want to live fully, very intensely. I would never want to live partially, suffering from illness or injury. If I ever happen to have an accident that eventually costs my life, I hope it happens in one instant.” - Ayrton Senna