By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I Am Gonna Start An Anime Thread To Talk About My Favorite Anime's.

Samuri Jack and Rideback. :D

Around the Network

This past summer we finally got a proper DVD release here in the west of one of the original and best anime movies of all time...

I hadn't seen this movie since the butchered English version that ran on Sci-Fi (NOT Syfy!) channel years ago... you can't call yourself an anime fan if you haven't seen this yet!

Now all I need are proper DVD releases of the two Unico films, and I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:

This past summer we finally got a proper DVD release here in the west of one of the original and best anime movies of all time...

I hadn't seen this movie since the butchered English version that ran on Sci-Fi (NOT Syfy!) channel years ago... you can't call yourself an anime fan if you haven't seen this yet!

Now all I need are proper DVD releases of the two Unico films, and I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.

Never seen it. But heard many great things about it. May pick it up over the weekend on Amazon or Netflix.

Looks very interesting. (0_0)

ThePS3News said:
NightDragon83 said:

Never seen it. But heard many great things about it. May pick it up over the weekend on Amazon or Netflix.

Looks very interesting. (0_0)

Definitely should along with its sequel Adieu Galaxy Express 999, and the made-for-TV episodes (which are basically expanded versions of the first film) are now on Hulu too.

Still has a pretty powerful and emotional story, and for a movie that came out over 30 years ago it still looks great, they actually did a really good job of touching up the visuals for DVD rather than just lazily transferring it off the old VHS releases like some companies do to cut corners.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

ThePS3News said:

Samuri Jack and Rideback. :D

I really enjoyed Ride Back.  Good story and animation.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2