By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Look how far the graphics for the Wii have come this gen

Which company did best?

Ubisoft 3 3.95%

Konami 5 6.58%

Electronic Arts 0 0%

Capcom 18 23.68%

Sega 14 18.42%

None of the above 34 44.74%

Total:74
RolStoppable said:
Smeags said:

I have no idea (I really don't know much about graphical stuff, I just had to look up "screen tearing" :P). That's why in all of those "post your favorite graphics in games" threads, I'm usually the guy posting DS Castlevania games and saying "I think it's beautiful".

All I know is that Dolphin makes New Super Mario Bros. Wii coins look ugly.

I looked it up, Dolphin offers additional anti-aliasing. It doesn't change the general look of the games, it just cleans them up which is probably very welcome to all those who can't stand jaggies at all. Anyway, Sonic Colors looks great on the Wii too.

I'm wondering how far people sit from the TV because the distance that I sit while playing my games is about 8 to 10 feet away, and I never see jaggies. When I walk up closer to the TV then I notice jaggies. Do people here play their games 2 feet away from their TVs or what?

Around the Network
Linkasf said:
RolStoppable said:
Smeags said:

I have no idea (I really don't know much about graphical stuff, I just had to look up "screen tearing" :P). That's why in all of those "post your favorite graphics in games" threads, I'm usually the guy posting DS Castlevania games and saying "I think it's beautiful".

All I know is that Dolphin makes New Super Mario Bros. Wii coins look ugly.

I looked it up, Dolphin offers additional anti-aliasing. It doesn't change the general look of the games, it just cleans them up which is probably very welcome to all those who can't stand jaggies at all. Anyway, Sonic Colors looks great on the Wii too.

I'm wondering how far people sit from the TV because the distance that I sit while playing my games is about 8 to 10 feet away, and I never see jaggies. When I walk up closer to the TV then I notice jaggies. Do people here play their games 2 feet away from their TVs or what?

My thoughts exactly. Sitting close to the TV is bad for your eyes anyway.

I always sit at least 2 meters back from my TV, usually 3.

Oh, and I'd change Brawl as 2008's best graphics to Endless Ocean.

We've definitely come a long way from Twilight Princess to FAST Racing League.

Personally and taking it seriously, I would say these are the best looking Wii games by year:

2006: Zelda TP

2007: Galaxy

2008: SSBBrawl

2009: Monster Hunter 3

2010: Super Mario Galaxy 2

2011: The Last Story

RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:

Nope I only care about if a game looks good or not...and then only on systems that I own or have heavy interest in. And the Wii is not one of those.

I care about graphics but only on systems I own or play a lot. And that's still only to the extent of knowing how games look like on those systems.

Well, then it's no wonder that my graphics thread is far more popular than yours.

It is highly recommended that you tell the girls you hit on in bars that you won an argument over the internet by saying that your thread about video games is far more popular than another indivual's. Sure gets you laid. 

I wish someone made a thread with a serious comparisson of graphics evolution. That would be neat.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

you poll is wrong ... nintendo is clearly head and shoulders above the rest.

2011:

Is that really a stone skipping game? Is that really a goddamn stone skipping game? Is that really a goddamn mother fucking stone skipping game? My life is complete.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

spurgeonryan said:
Areym said:
kitler53 said:

you poll is wrong ... nintendo is clearly head and shoulders above the rest.

2011:

Is that really a stone skipping game? Is that really a goddamn stone skipping game? Is that really a goddamn mother fucking stone skipping game? My life is complete.

:) It is really pretty fun! Not sure about the rest of the game, but they have this on demo at the local Target Department store near me. Worth at least two hours of game play.

errr, if you say so. But seriously, all they need now is horseshoe pitching and knitting and I will have seen it all.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

cyberninja45 said:

Footage of TekkenXStreet Fighter for Wii?

Dunno but I did notice a few bugs in this vid

It's not often that I laugh so hard that I lose control of my ability to breath.  This was one of those rare times.  Thanks for this vid!

This thread makes me want to do a speed run of Far Cry: Vengeance.

I've been a real jerk this week and deserve it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

cyberninja45 said:

Footage of TekkenXStreet Fighter for Wii?

Dunno but I did notice a few bugs in this vid

Screw buying the PS3 verison then, Wii version all the way!

Signature goes here!