By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

BlazeKing79 said:
blunty51 said:
I'm looking at some more in-depth patch info:
http://trendygamers.com/2011/11/02/dark-souls-patch-1-04-information/

Some things worry me a bit. I mean, yea there's some obvious balancing issues that rightfully need addressing, but others are somehow making the game easier...almost *slightly* casuallizing it to keep the new 360 customers perhaps.

Things like:
-Humanity & Twinkling Titanite drop rate increased
-Lockon acquisition range increased
-Ring of Fog users can now be locked on (i can understand this for PvP, but not the PvE)
-Ghosts & Skeletons gives souls now

A couple other things too but these are my main gripes.

Ghosts and skeletons give souls now? Thats so unnecessary that makes the game a tad more easier, something this game does not need when you reliaze how easy the game is when you use the powerful pyromancy. 

Well they're nerfing the pyromancy so that might just balance off. Maybe I'm reading too much into it..

Around the Network

They should make finding online players easier, I'd up the 10% Soul Level cap to 25% that would help loads.

Also does the 10% soul level cap count for coop play (white soapstone) because if it does I would take that off completely.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
They should make finding online players easier, I'd up the 10% Soul Level cap to 25% that would help loads.

Also does the 10% soul level cap count for coop play (white soapstone) because if it does I would take that off completely.

They should just use the system in Demon's Souls. 10% SL + 10 for lower and upper limit. Even now, you have 2 -3 times more activity online on Demon's Souls than in Dark Souls for Co-op and PVP.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

They should just use the system in Demon's Souls. 10% SL + 10 for lower and upper limit. Even now, you have 2 -3 times more activity online on Demon's Souls than in Dark Souls for Co-op and PVP.

Isn't that the system that's being used now?

It seems that there's tons of hidden factors that are involved when it comes to co-op'ing, I don't think it's the level range that's hindering it. Sometimes, I'm able to summon/be summoned by a friend pretty fast. Other times, it takes rediculously long.

On a random note, abit slow to post here but lightning is getting a -5% damage nerf. I think that's pretty good considering that fire weps were inferior in every way, mostly considering the fact that fire defense is much more common.

Another vid on the patch mostly goin over what's already known:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HITanD8IxU

You can see the new stats for the Moonlight sword at 1:55.......about 480 total damage. Pretty nice'ish.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Parasitic said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

Isn't that the system that's being used now?

It seems that there's tons of hidden factors that are involved when it comes to co-op'ing, I don't think it's the level range that's hindering it. Sometimes, I'm able to summon/be summoned by a friend pretty fast. Other times, it takes rediculously long.

Nope, for normal white soapstone (including sunlight, princess guard and way of the white covenants) co-op, that's the limit. Other covenants have different factors. Red Eye Soapstone and Cracked Red Eye Stone also are restricted to the 10% limit.

Forest Hunters have no upper limit for invasions, but their lower limit is 10% of the forest hunter who invades. 
Darkmoon has the 10% limit for the Blue Eye Stone invasions and no level restrictions for the ring invasions
Darkwraith has no lower limit, but their upper limit is 10% of the Darkwraith member who uses the Red Eye Stone
Gravelords can only affect players within the 10% range, lower and upper
Dragons are restricted to the 10% range as well, plus they're also restricted to function as a PVP Red Soapstone, but for Dragon Scales as prize.

If they would add the +/- 10 to the SL restrictions, online would have a hell lot of more activity, especially at lower levels (>50) Just go online in Demon's Souls and you'll see lots of blue signs, get invaded every couple of minutes or be able to be summoned fast, almost constantly. That's because a SL 20 can summon/invade players between SL 8 - 32, while on Dark Souls, with the 10% restriction, those levels are limited to 18 - 22.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

A bit of bad news : /

http://preparetodie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17488&sid=841e4e114ef8a9ef68e439316a8ca4b1

In short:

The 1.04 patch that japan already has only made the online/matchmaking worse than it is now. Even if we did get 1.04, we'd have more balancing of items/etc but an even more broken online system.

It could be a while until NA gets any patch at all =/

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Yea I've been looking out for the patch whole weekend, looks like i'll have to wait some more.

Parasitic said:
A bit of bad news : /

http://preparetodie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17488&sid=841e4e114ef8a9ef68e439316a8ca4b1

In short:

The 1.04 patch that japan already has only made the online/matchmaking worse than it is now. Even if we did get 1.04, we'd have more balancing of items/etc but an even more broken online system.

It could be a while until NA gets any patch at all =/

Crap ='(

BTW, how do I know the version the game currently has?

Grrr I am getting destroyed by 4 kings in NG+........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !