By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

luvtospooge said:
What? They nerfed pyromancy? Well that sucks. If anything was to be nerfed, if would be magic spells. Only reason why I lose in pvp is because of those homing soul spells.

If you see anyone casting those with a Tin Crystallization Catalyst, just make them burn through their stock. TCC cuts casts in half for extra damage, so a good magic shield can help you soak up the damage while they go to zilch spells in a flash. 

I've fought a couple of magic users and made them burn their entire stock. Afterwards it's just easy pickings XD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
luvtospooge said:

What? They nerfed pyromancy? Well that sucks. If anything was to be nerfed, it would be magic spells. Only reason why I lose in pvp is because of those homing soul spells.

Pursuit style spells like Homing Soul have been nerfed too, don't worry.

Lightning upgrade path nerfed by 5%

Normal upgrade path buffed by ~10%

the whole list is here :

http://trendygamers.com/2011/11/02/dark-souls-patch-1-04-information/

Well it seems I've encountered another bug....well I assume
Aren't there two NPCs in Dark Anor Londo right before where Ornstein & Smough were that respawn and are farmable?
I killed them once, but they're not respawning for shit. I even quit the game and came back in to see if it reset anything but nothing...

blunty51 said:
Aren't there two NPCs in Dark Anor Londo right before where Ornstein & Smough were that respawn and are farmable?
I killed them once, but they're not respawning for shit. I even quit the game and came back in to see if it reset anything but nothing...

Resting at the bonefire isn't enough, you need to warp to another place then warp back to "chamber of princess"

Magic users are dangerous man. Nearly got 1 hit killed by a sorcerer because of my rash decision to run and attack. Ended up killing him though, thanks to fire great demon machete which does an incredible amount of damage. I have to start using that slowdown miracle more, it works so well with a slow weapon. I'm at the most despicable part of the game right now...Blighttown. I bet there'll be lots of jackasses invading in blight town!

Around the Network

Pyromancy needed to be nerfed BAD. It required nothing to use and it was so over powered it's not funny. All the sucky PvPers online only used it as a cheap way to win. Best matches I had online were with people who fought with weapons to the death!

Any word if they are eliminating that dupe glitch these jabronis continue to use?

On a side note. I have played and beat the game 2 and a half times. Got the platinum, and I want to play it again. I never do that. That just goes to show how amazing these Soul's games are.

Wagram said:

Pyromancy needed to be nerfed BAD. It required nothing to use and it was so over powered it's not funny. All the sucky PvPers online only used it as a cheap way to win. Best matches I had online were with people who fought with weapons to the death!

The only thing that needed a nerf was Greater Combustion. It does pretty massive damage for somethin that doesn't use any stamina - it went pretty decently with melee guys. From what I heard, it's pretty brutal when used with specific timing on a guy just getting up from a backstab).

Aside from that, all pyro spells are easy to dodge. Whenever I see someone spamming pyro spells, sometimes I'll bust out the Black Knight Shield and they're back to how pure mages were in Demons Souls:  useless.

Pyromancy overall though was a broken concept from the start since it scales off the item. It reaaaally needed it's own stat to be good without it being broken which is unfortunate since it could've been somethin unique. Instead, FS just let it go to complete waste. Not saying that it's useless now but, it just doesn't mix well overall with the game.

I was a little disappointed to see that they just nerfed the damage rather than doing a rework. As of now, I can only picture myself using Power Within (glad Iron Flesh was nerfed!).

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

VXIII said:
blunty51 said:

Resting at the bonefire isn't enough, you need to warp to another place then warp back to "chamber of princess"

I'm realizing this now. Guess they're trying to discourage farming there....but it's not very consistent with the rest of the game.

I'm looking at some more in-depth patch info:

Some things worry me a bit. I mean, yea there's some obvious balancing issues that rightfully need addressing, but others are somehow making the game easier...almost *slightly* casuallizing it to keep the new 360 customers perhaps.

Things like:
-Humanity & Twinkling Titanite drop rate increased
-Lockon acquisition range increased
-Ring of Fog users can now be locked on (i can understand this for PvP, but not the PvE)
-Ghosts & Skeletons gives souls now

A couple other things too but these are my main gripes.

blunty51 said:
I'm looking at some more in-depth patch info:

Some things worry me a bit. I mean, yea there's some obvious balancing issues that rightfully need addressing, but others are somehow making the game easier...almost *slightly* casuallizing it to keep the new 360 customers perhaps.

Things like:
-Humanity & Twinkling Titanite drop rate increased
-Lockon acquisition range increased
-Ring of Fog users can now be locked on (i can understand this for PvP, but not the PvE)
-Ghosts & Skeletons gives souls now

A couple other things too but these are my main gripes.

Ghosts and skeletons give souls now? Thats so unnecessary that makes the game a tad more easier, something this game does not need when you reliaze how easy the game is when you use the powerful pyromancy. 

Xbox fanboy= an individual who is loyal to Microsoft or games that fall under the Xbox brand.

PS3 fanboy= an indivdual who is loyal to Sony or games that fall under the Playsation brand.

Wii Fanboy= Wait, there is a third console?