By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Damnit, I entered the covenant with that strange cat, but apparantly I shouldn't have killed those guys in the forest even though they ran straight at me with their sword pointing towards me.

Oh, and FUCK BLIGHTTOWN.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
Damnit, I entered the covenant with that strange cat, but apparantly I shouldn't have killed those guys in the forest even though they ran straight at me with their sword pointing towards me.

Oh, and FUCK BLIGHTTOWN.

Did they run towards you after you joined the covenant? Because that's a common glitch that occurs when you join the Forest Hunters and can only be solved by quitting and reloading the game after joining. 

And yes, Fuck Blighttown too

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Parasitic said:

Here's how to get the Symbol of Avarice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYxAcJ4WWQw

Another reason for me to go ng++ I guess :z Too bad it'd be useless for me now -____- At least it looks cool though.

Those japanese always have the best vids on their youtube pages. He even shows a "vagrant" in one of them.

blkfish92 said:
Is it me or do you have to be pretty damn close to lock on to someone in pvp?

The range is definitely much shorter in dark Anor Londo, never really noticed any changes in all  other areas.

Actually I noticed in light anor londo or in other areas the lock in range is much bigger, damn it where's that patch!

-A side note for everyone, what is the best talisman?? Provide reasoning because I'm rather confused >.>

blkfish92 said:
Parasitic said:

Another reason for me to go ng++ I guess :z Too bad it'd be useless for me now -____- At least it looks cool though.

Those japanese always have the best vids on their youtube pages. He even shows a "vagrant" in one of them.

blkfish92 said:

The range is definitely much shorter in dark Anor Londo, never really noticed any changes in all  other areas.

Actually I noticed in light anor londo or in other areas the lock in range is much bigger, damn it where's that patch!

-A side note for everyone, what is the best talisman?? Provide reasoning because I'm rather confused >.>

Darkmoon Talisman has the highest Miracle adjustment from 24 Faith to 40 at which point Ivory and/or Sunlight Talisman get a better adjustment. Ivory is the best at 50 Faith, at which point adjustment only increases 0.2% total Faith per point.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
Parasitic said:

blkfish92 said:

Darkmoon Talisman has the highest Miracle adjustment from 24 Faith to 40 at which point Ivory and/or Sunlight Talisman get a better adjustment. Ivory is the best at 50 Faith, at which point adjustment only increases 0.2% total Faith per point.

But at 37 faith the canvas talisman seems to be the best right now that's the thing.

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
Parasitic said:

blkfish92 said:

But at 37 faith the canvas talisman seems to be the best right now that's the thing.

Odd, until my character hit Faith 40, Darkmoon was the best for me. Probably for Darkmoon Magic also plays a role in the adjustment? Haven't tried out that possibility.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
Parasitic said:

blkfish92 said:

Odd, until my character hit Faith 40, Darkmoon was the best for me. Probably for Darkmoon Magic also plays a role in the adjustment? Haven't tried out that possibility.

Possibly, but after further lvling on faith it seems that the sunlight talisman and darkmoon will get stronger than the canvas talisman very soon.

Time for some advice.

I haven't upgraded a single piece of armor or my shield....so, as a character who plans on going high endurance (so I can wear heavier armor and still be "light") and high dex (I just really like daggers and back stabs and priscilla's has an A scaling for dex).

What armors and shields would you guys recommend? I'm looking for a shield with good stability when maxed with 100% physical and armor that has good defense/weight ratios (as well as just best all around armor in case I want to load up on endurance and use havel's ring).

lestatdark said:
Chrizum said:

Oh, and FUCK BLIGHTTOWN.

Did they run towards you after you joined the covenant? Because that's a common glitch that occurs when you join the Forest Hunters and can only be solved by quitting and reloading the game after joining. 

Yes, I noticed the whole game is a little glitchy. Still no patch... I also just lost 7000 souls and 13(!) humanity due to a one-hit kill by the Hellkite even though it could never even kill me in 3 hits before. Weird ass game. Somehow I'm still playing though!

Chrizum said:
lestatdark said:
Chrizum said:

Oh, and FUCK BLIGHTTOWN.

Yes, I noticed the whole game is a little glitchy. Still no patch... I also just lost 7000 souls and 13(!) humanity due to a one-hit kill by the Hellkite even though it could never even kill me in 3 hits before. Weird ass game. Somehow I'm still playing though!

Did the Hellkite OHKO you with the breath attack? That attack is cumulative, since it's from a sweeping motion. You might get hit only once by it and do little damage and get hit once and be dealt a shit ton of damage if it accumulates all sweeps into that hit. It makes fighting him melee a matter of luck too.

Current PC Build