By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
Is the solaires armor actually decent when upgraded? It almost seems that way considering it only eats away at regular titanite too.

It has very decent stats at +10 (82 defense for the main armor and 50 resistances), but the best regular titanite armor is the Elite Knight one.

Very nice to know that lol

Might actually make it my own armor on faith build, it's fairly light so less endurance lvl ups would be nice!

Are you going for the 160 Stamina as a faith build? There are plenty of epic weapons for those builds that would take advantage of maxed out Stamina.

Using the murakumo, so ya probably will need 40 endurance, might just got with paladin armor or something then..

Paladin Armor enters the field of heavy armours that give penalties to stamina recovery. Middle-weight armours take a full second more to reload stamina than light weight armours and heavy-weight armours take two full seconds extra. Just bear that in mind when going for a Faith build.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
Is the solaires armor actually decent when upgraded? It almost seems that way considering it only eats away at regular titanite too.

It has very decent stats at +10 (82 defense for the main armor and 50 resistances), but the best regular titanite armor is the Elite Knight one.

Very nice to know that lol

Might actually make it my own armor on faith build, it's fairly light so less endurance lvl ups would be nice!

Are you going for the 160 Stamina as a faith build? There are plenty of epic weapons for those builds that would take advantage of maxed out Stamina.

Using the murakumo, so ya probably will need 40 endurance, might just got with paladin armor or something then..

Paladin Armor enters the field of heavy armours that give penalties to stamina recovery. Middle-weight armours take a full second more to reload stamina than light weight armours and heavy-weight armours take two full seconds extra. Just bear that in mind when going for a Faith build.

Indeed I will...

Random pvp at the kiln the other day....

Someone decides to TWoP just as I'm spawning and starts spamming God's Wrath. I somehow escape and manage to remove all my armor and equip the flip ring to run away really far. He slowly makes his way to me, fighting enemies along the way as I hide behind the pillar by the narrow ledges.....as soon as he comes up, BAM! R2 from the Dragon greataxe knocks him to the floor and the black knight nearby finishes him. Victoly!

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Parasitic said:

Someone decides to TWoP just as I'm spawning and starts spamming God's Wrath. I somehow escape and manage to remove all my armor and equip the flip ring to run away really far. He slowly makes his way to me, fighting enemies along the way as I hide behind the pillar by the narrow ledges.....as soon as he comes up, BAM! R2 from the Dragon greataxe knocks him to the floor and the black knight nearby finishes him. Victoly!

TWOP spawning campers are some of the most low-life scum in the game IMO, especially if it's a Red Stone PVP. Those kind of people annoy me to no end, since I hate cowards like that who don't even have the decency to fight fair and don't want you to have a fighting chance. Thankfully, since most of them are complete noobs who can't do anything if their cheap ways fail, they're pretty easy to win against. I feel no pity for the one you destroyed, so a lot of kudos to you

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Parasitic said:

Badass lol, though you have triumphed over a cheap tactic I still hope a patch fixes a few things.

Around the Network

Is it me or do you have to be pretty damn close to lock on to someone in pvp?

blkfish92 said:

Lock-on is something that suffers a lot from the PVP lag. That's why magic users usually resort to auto locking spells like Crystal Homing Soulmass or melee ranged ones like Great Combustion. I've stopped using lock-on for quite a while, it's also much easier not to lock on when trying to do backstabs.

Current PC Build

Here's how to get the Symbol of Avarice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYxAcJ4WWQw

Another reason for me to go ng++ I guess :z Too bad it'd be useless for me now -____- At least it looks cool though.

Those japanese always have the best vids on their youtube pages. He even shows a "vagrant" in one of them.

blkfish92 said:

The range is definitely much shorter in dark Anor Londo, never really noticed any changes in all  other areas.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Parasitic said:

Here's how to get the Symbol of Avarice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYxAcJ4WWQw

Another reason for me to go ng++ I guess :z Too bad it'd be useless for me now -____- At least it looks cool though.

Those japanese always have the best vids on their youtube pages. He even shows a "vagrant" in one of them.

blkfish92 said:

The range is definitely much shorter in dark Anor Londo, never really noticed any changes in all  other areas.

How much trial and error did the guy went through to find that out? >___>

I mean, even the official guide states it's a drop, yet he managed to find it by putting the mimic to sleep with a Lloyd's Talisman which only states that it's to avoid the use of Estus Flasks in an area, not to put enemies to sleep XD- 

Current PC Build

Haha , Found it

Gotta learn how to play it soon :

:p