By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim - The Official Thread!

Slimebeast said:
scottie said:

Probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but I found it to be a mediocre game so far, certainly below Baldur's Gate.

The problems I found with it.

1) Quests were buggy, half the time they didn't mark themselves on my map.
2) Doesn't explain much very well, I stole a horse, got caught and my options were to bribe the guard, fight or surrender. I chose to bribe him, and then he was like "I'll just reclaim the stolen goods then", without giving me an option to not go with that. Worst bribe ever
3) Horses are buggy. I finally stole a horse, rode it to the next town, dismounted and then it dropped through the map and never returned.
4) Regenerating health makes it stupid. I thought that plague was satisfied with taking the difficulty out of FPS, now it's starting to ruin another genre?
5) The menu is the biggest PoS I have ever seen. You can't click something to select it, you have to scroll down to it using wasd and THEN click? Honestly, couldn't they spend 10 minutes changing the controls for the PC version? Additionally, why is there not autoloot of gold? And why, when there are 4 coins sitting on the ground, can I not pick all 4 up with 1 button.

6) I got mugged in broad daylight, in view of two guards, I ran to them and hid behind them but they did nothing. Worst guards ever?

From what I saw, the game has potential, the levelling system looks nice. But they released a beta, and I shall not play it. I will come back to the game in 6 months when they have finished it and patched in the improvements.

Apparently you are new to Elder Scrolls as nearly all of the things u listed are typical for older games in the series (and actually all your points, except for regenerating health, are improved in Skyrim).

Don't you have anything positive to say?

Yep, new to Elder Scrolls.

Obviously I do have good things to say about the game, or I wouldn't have said I was going to go back to it when they patch up the bugs. As I said, the leveling system is very nice. (Not perfect, I think it makes dual classing a bit too easy - a mage can pick up stealth extremely easily, although a rogue cannot really pick up spellcasting as effectively. Actually, replace this whole ramble with 'anyone can pick up stealth too easily', but I digress). Regardless, short of actually playingpen and paper rpgs, it is one of the best character advancement systems I have seen.

Around the Network
scottie said:
Slimebeast said:
scottie said:

Probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but I found it to be a mediocre game so far, certainly below Baldur's Gate.

2) Doesn't explain much very well, I stole a horse, got caught and my options were to bribe the guard, fight or surrender. I chose to bribe him, and then he was like "I'll just reclaim the stolen goods then", without giving me an option to not go with that. Worst bribe ever
3) Horses are buggy. I finally stole a horse, rode it to the next town, dismounted and then it dropped through the map and never returned.
4) Regenerating health makes it stupid. I thought that plague was satisfied with taking the difficulty out of FPS, now it's starting to ruin another genre?
5) The menu is the biggest PoS I have ever seen. You can't click something to select it, you have to scroll down to it using wasd and THEN click? Honestly, couldn't they spend 10 minutes changing the controls for the PC version? Additionally, why is there not autoloot of gold? And why, when there are 4 coins sitting on the ground, can I not pick all 4 up with 1 button.

6) I got mugged in broad daylight, in view of two guards, I ran to them and hid behind them but they did nothing. Worst guards ever?

From what I saw, the game has potential, the levelling system looks nice. But they released a beta, and I shall not play it. I will come back to the game in 6 months when they have finished it and patched in the improvements.

Apparently you are new to Elder Scrolls as nearly all of the things u listed are typical for older games in the series (and actually all your points, except for regenerating health, are improved in Skyrim).

Obviously I do have good things to say about the game, or I wouldn't have said I was going to go back to it when they patch up the bugs. As I said, the leveling system is very nice. (Not perfect, I think it makes dual classing a bit too easy - a mage can pick up stealth extremely easily, although a rogue cannot really pick up spellcasting as effectively. Actually, replace this whole ramble with 'anyone can pick up stealth too easily', but I digress). Regardless, short of actually playingpen and paper rpgs, it is one of the best character advancement systems I have seen.

I just wanted to say I am sorry if I sounded a bit harsh. I tend to get very defensive when it comes to Elder Scrolls.

Btw, I agree about the "dual classing". That was a bigger problem in the past (think quadrupel classing, at level 25 you were a master at everything) but it's still too easy in Skyrim to get very good at very much.

seen it running on both systems yesterday in a booth, looked engrossing from what i heard the music in oblivion seems better to me.

can someone comment on what the entire score in the game is like in comparison to oblivion?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Come across 2 new weird bugs in the game last night, every time I put the thieves hood on it actually just changed my hairstyle to the long hair round te side but bold on top. The other one was in riften, every time I left a building rather than Seeing the actual view of the city in front of me, all that was there was pure grey, and I'd walk through it and then the city would appear, it was as if it wasn't loading anything in the game except my character.

I seriously do think they needed to do alot more bug testing on this game.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Skeeuk said:
seen it running on both systems yesterday in a booth, looked engrossing from what i heard the music in oblivion seems better to me.

can someone comment on what the entire score in the game is like in comparison to oblivion?

There are a few absolutely amazing songs in Skyrim but overall Oblivion's soundtrack is better. The exploration and city songs of Oblivion were mesmerizing, almost magical.

Also the style is a bit different. Skyrim's soundtrack sounds more familiar to typical epic adventure movie soundtracks than what Oblivion's did. Skyrim soundtrack is a but more anonymous than Oblivion's, if that makes sense, but perhaps overall more varied than Oblivion's (but then it's also 2-3 hours long compared to Oblivion's one hour).

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
scottie said:
Slimebeast said:
scottie said:

I just wanted to say I am sorry if I sounded a bit harsh. I tend to get very defensive when it comes to Elder Scrolls.

Btw, I agree about the "dual classing". That was a bigger problem in the past (think quadrupel classing, at level 25 you were a master at everything) but it's still too easy in Skyrim to get very good at very much.

It is a bit too easy to level up certain skills. Smithing and Pickpocket are incredibly easy to get to 100, enchantment as well, especially if you're a thief and can steal lots of soul gems (not too many available in shops).

Slimebeast said:
Skeeuk said:

There are a few absolutely amazing songs in Skyrim but overall Oblivion's soundtrack is better. The exploration and city songs of Oblivion were mesmerizing, almost magical.

Also the style is a bit different. Skyrim's soundtrack sounds more familiar to typical epic adventure movie soundtracks than what Oblivion's did. Skyrim soundtrack is a but more anonymous than Oblivion's, if that makes sense, but perhaps overall more varied than Oblivion's (but then it's also 2-3 hours long compared to Oblivion's one hour).

thnaks for that il keep lookout for it, also seeing both versions i dunno what the big fuss is about on how they look if anything one looked smoother and one sharper, but re: the music from what i heard oblivions is deffo one of the best almost magical....

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
Slimebeast said:
Skeeuk said:

thnaks for that il keep lookout for it, also seeing both versions i dunno what the big fuss is about on how they look if anything one looked smoother and one sharper, but re: the music from what i heard oblivions is deffo one of the best almost magical....

Those two are fantastic.

joined the thieves guild.

13 hours in level 14. and i still have a shitload to do around white run.

my only grudge is that i am having problems doing the thieves guild quest because i need to put perks in it.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Well this interesting it seems to arrows have glitched they aren't going off my body.. on is right throw my nose and the other is in my shoulder...

Former something....