By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - How does the NBA lockout make you feel? Merry Christmas! Their baaack.

Tagged games:

i feel...

betrayed! 8 8.89%

betrayed 1 1.11%

sad 19 21.11%

mad 18 20.00%

My name is Dexter, what do you think? 1 1.11%

fine about the situation 10 11.11%

I have season tickets either way 2 2.22%

meh 17 18.89%

see resultz 5 5.56%

other...by the way all yo... 8 8.89%

Total:89

While I'm pretty bummed that I likely won't be able to watch the Bulls this season, especially considering Chicago's other teams are either not playing or suck ass at the moment, on the plus side, it's another year the Miami Heat cannot win a championship. I'm serious, I hate them that much.

Around the Network

It makes me look forward to hockey.

Go Blackhawks!!!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

What's this stuff with players going abroad to Italy (Koby Bryant) and other countries to get some play time?
Aren't they bound to their clubs?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

nba and nfl r the best

http://games.beempoo.com/?p=80

Things are looking really bad. Stern is being a real jerk about the whole thing and is the number one villain as far as I'm concerned. If this goes on too long, the NBA will slowly turn into just one of the basketball leagues instead of THE league. If this goes on longer than a year, players eventually will sign multi-year contracts in Europe or somewhere else for nearly as much to play since the popularity of basketball is big globally unlike American football.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
NiKKoM said:
What's this stuff with players going abroad to Italy (Koby Bryant) and other countries to get some play time?
Aren't they bound to their clubs?

I dont know how that works, but I am sure they get some sort of permission to do so. I know on Parks and Recreation last night the guys just started a club and he had hired two basketball players to play since there salaries were cheaper. That was a comedy though, so who knows.

The way it works is that they are able to play overseas or wherever it is theyre gonna play but once the season starts up again(hopefully it starts up again) they are obligated(not sure if it's by contract) to return back to their old teams. Anyway i heard this on Sportscenter.

i cant see the MAVS defend their title :(

I'm disappointed, I'm a huge basketball fan but I haven't followed the news except for a headline here and there. I wish they would hurry up and find a solution, but it seems like after all of these "meetings" they haven't come up with anything whatsoever!

spurgeonryan said:
AdventWolf said:
I'm disappointed, I'm a huge basketball fan but I haven't followed the news except for a headline here and there. I wish they would hurry up and find a solution, but it seems like after all of these "meetings" they haven't come up with anything whatsoever!

Tell me something? If they come back and there is only time for 25 games, would they still do it? Or is there a limit for games that they have to play?

I think they would go for at least 50 games, like a previous lockout even if that means the season is extended beyond the normal period. That being said I wouldn't hold my breath for a season. Just like the NHL lost it once I expect a lost season this year.

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

starbruin said:
spurgeonryan said:
AdventWolf said:

Tell me something? If they come back and there is only time for 25 games, would they still do it? Or is there a limit for games that they have to play?

I think they would go for at least 50 games, like a previous lockout even if that means the season is extended beyond the normal period. That being said I wouldn't hold my breath for a season. Just like the NHL lost it once I expect a lost season this year.

Yeah, they would most likely extend the season. any less than 40 games would be a real bummer.