By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: Dream Drop Distance TGS 2011 Trailer. Looks dreamy

"Yes I did, it was filled with love and friendship. This trailer is filled with emo."

What? It's silly and melodramatic, not emo.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Looks like... KH. And I'm getting really tired of that, too.

things for vita is looking worse and worse :(

Soriku said:
darkknightkryta said:

Yes I did, it was filled with love and friendship.   This trailer is filled with emo.

There was...literally nothing emo in this trailer that made it seem any more emo than any other KH game. Is it because there wasn't a big focus of Disney characters in this trailer?

Not so much emo, but the same generic crap I see with animes now a days.  Mind you this is one trailer, but that's what I get from the trailer.  It didn't help there was barely anything Disney in there.

darkknightkryta said:
Soriku said:
darkknightkryta said:

Yes I did, it was filled with love and friendship.   This trailer is filled with emo.

There was...literally nothing emo in this trailer that made it seem any more emo than any other KH game. Is it because there wasn't a big focus of Disney characters in this trailer?

Not so much emo, but the same generic crap I see with animes now a days.  Mind you this is one trailer, but that's what I get from the trailer.  It didn't help there was barely anything Disney in there.

I actually find KH's story quite refreshing. If you didn't like the feel of the trailer, you probably won't like the game, simple as that. It's gonna get less "generic" or "emo" than that.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

At first when I heard about this game and Birth by Sleep 2 I was furious as they just need to release KH3 PS3 already! However this trailer was pretty cool; The World Ends with You, Hunchback, play as Riku, etc. SE has made me play every single game (KH 1, 2, Chains, Re:Chains, Birth by Sleep, Re:Coded, 358/2 days) but I really don't want to buy the 3DS just to play this .

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Areym said:
darkknightkryta said:
Soriku said:
darkknightkryta said:

I actually find KH's story quite refreshing. If you didn't like the feel of the trailer, you probably won't like the game, simple as that. It's gonna get less "generic" or "emo" than that.

I'll love this game the way I loved every other Kingdom Hearts game I've played (Which is all but Chains of Memories and that recent DS game).   I'm just noticing dialogue is starting to cliche into generic anime.  Will that be the case for the game?  I'm not sure this is only one trailer.

JOKA_ said:
Thoughts:

1 - That looked awesome

2 - I feel like I no longer know the story of Kingdom Hearts with all the games split over so many systems. I played 1 and 2 on the PS2 and since then there has been a GBA, PSP, DS, and (now) 3DS version. I can't afford to buy all of those systems to keep up with the story, and if 3 EVER comes out I feel like I'm not going to be able to completely enjoy it.

I just watch the cutscene videos on youtube.

Some direct feed screenshots via famitsu. - http://www.famitsu.com/news/201109/23050802.html

Also some (poor) google translate descriptions, though you'll get the gist.

Sora is a hero, always bright and positive boy.  In one of the key blade  Bashi hero, has saved many of the world crisis so far.   In this work the change into new costumes. 

Riku is Sora's best friend, the brave one to manipulate the key blade.    Dressed in new clothes as empty and Bassari hair. That he, "Hunchback of Notre Dame", but as the world ...?

Hand carved Nexperia time limit, the proof of the game he says.   Need to accomplish the mission before the time limit, their presence disappears.   It's a game of death.

The key of this work, the "Dream Eater" called the present.  Dream Eater, the "Spirit" and "Nightmare" is divided into two.   Spirit is a friend of Sora and Riku, who he joined in the battle.

Nightmare on the other hand, a formidable opponent for us and the sky.   And fantastic colors, but some things have a lovely appearance, "instill a crash nightmare dreams", he said in an insidious opponent.

Spirit and the fire technique can be together.   If empty, the main and direct linkage to ride or thrown.   Riku seems to power up with the help of friends.

The concept of this work is "bold action".  You can use objects such as walls and poles, such as using the full screen vertically, maneuver at unprecedented action is flashy Sora and Riku!

New colosseum?

Simply amazing .
I just can't buy every console on the planet to play every spin-off