By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the Sony Vita resist the 3DS storm?

Silver-Tiger said:
Christian973 said:

What mass market appeal does the Vita have in the west? none. It's going to have the same problem psp had. Vita in Japan is going to have trouble selling. That FFX HD port is still in development and i doubt it will move hardware like that gimmicky little deviants game. We've learned from the 3DS that games move hardware.

Call of Duty.

'nuff said.

Fifa, NHL, Madden, racing games (PSV Gran Turismo is probably only a matter of time)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Silver-Tiger said:
Christian973 said:

What mass market appeal does the Vita have in the west? none. It's going to have the same problem psp had. Vita in Japan is going to have trouble selling. That FFX HD port is still in development and i doubt it will move hardware like that gimmicky little deviants game. We've learned from the 3DS that games move hardware.

Call of Duty.

'nuff said.

Call Of Duty on a 5 inch screen?!?! yeh right dude. No one is gonna enjoy that. Try quickscoping on anything less than a 32 inch. Impossible. 

TakeMeToTheHospital said:
Silver-Tiger said:
Christian973 said:

Call of Duty.

'nuff said.

Call Of Duty on a 5 inch screen?!?! yeh right dude. No one is gonna enjoy that. Try quickscoping on anything less than a 32 inch. Impossible. 

PSV titles would still have the advantage of games being cheaper than its console counterpart. And a 5 inches screen isn't a problem unless you're planning on playing it the farthest length your hands could get from your pov.

Silver-Tiger said:
Christian973 said:

Call of Duty.

'nuff said.

..except for the millions of people who cried after a second analog stick for games like...you guessed it, Call of Duty.

Not everyone can be a hardcore gamer, and PSVita isn't the platform the 1337-gamer who has a killratio of 100/1. It is a PORTABLE console. If you want to play the real CoD, you gonna play it on a PC/PS3/360 anyway. For everything else, there's the Vita.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

People really shouldnt talk about casual market and handhelds this generation, yeah it was clearly massive for the DS, but i beleive the casuals have moved on to either smart phones, tablets or just got bored with the idea of gaming, core gamers are going to be driving the sales this time round, and Nintendo have made some massive mistakes, but they can clearly overcome them if they get the new hardware out fast enough.

If Sony can close the gap on Nintendo this generation then its been a success, 6-12 months ago, the thought of Sony having a chance of beating Nintendo in the handheld market was laughable, So the fact this thread exists should show you that there clearly is a big threat there.

Around the Network
Silver-Tiger said:
Silver-Tiger said:
Christian973 said:

Call of Duty.

'nuff said.

..except for the millions of people who cried after a second analog stick for games like...you guessed it, Call of Duty.

Not everyone can be a hardcore gamer, and PSVita isn't the platform the 1337-gamer who has a killratio of 100/1. It is a PORTABLE console. If you want to play the real CoD, you gonna play it on a PC/PS3/360 anyway. For everything else, there's the Vita.

yeh it's a PORTABLE console. Some games just don't work on a miniature screen. That's why Call Of Duty is gonna be an absolute joke on the Vita.   

considering PSV's external battery add's more life to the device which can mean an add's 10 hr's of battery life for a total of 15 hr's, the games are more innovative, the hype is unmatched, everybody around me only talks about PSV, PSV isn't region lock'd meaning you can buy games that are released only in Japan for Vita by down load or port the games and they'll still play cause Vita is not region lock'd, Vita allows for apps, more then 80 games will be released during the launch window then any other console whether it be home console or portable in history! i'd say Vita will do just fine.

more news comes in every day about Vita even after TGS so i'm not worried as both devices will do just fine.

Silver-Tiger said:
Silver-Tiger said:
Christian973 said:

Call of Duty.

'nuff said.

But that's the thing.  The not hardcore gamer who is going to pay $250 for a portable version of Call of Duty?  It's an identity crisis.  The hardcore are going to go for the real version and the casual are going to think it's too expensive.  I'm sure there's a middle ground but the two extremes are going to have a hard time justifying the purchase.

the real question is can they both survive the smart phone storm and the paper weight tablet blizzard incoming

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Zlejedi said:
Silver-Tiger said:
Christian973 said:

Call of Duty.

'nuff said.

Fifa, NHL, Madden, racing games (PSV Gran Turismo is probably only a matter of time)

Plus, for the Vita, the price won't be as big an issue as it was with the 3DS, as the Vita has more value for the dollar.  Better quality screen, better graphics, and more features.  It's also launching at the exact same price as the PSP did against a $150 DS, and that has gone on to sell 71+ million units (and will probably end 80+ million).  I have no doubt that if Nintendo had left the price the same, even with a couple of Mario games, the Vita would have hands down won this handheld gen.  I think the sudden pricecut a mere 5-6 months from launch proves that Nintendo knew this, as well.