By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the Sony Vita resist the 3DS storm?

The Vita will resist the 3DS storm because it is a great system; and I love it.

Around the Network

Depends on many things.
Vita not only had hardware and price problem.
And this time 3DS not the only Vita Competitor. Mobile gaming really had a great market right now.
I know Vita had a different market with the mobile gaming, but still for many people game is a game. If we only talk about hardcore gamer, of course they gonna pick up Vita beside mobile gaming.
Even Nintendo with 3DS(DS successor) and had a big problem when it launched, until they cut down the price.

No. Enjoy the vita while you can for it will probably be their last venture into the handheld industry. Sony had to learn the hard way that people would even kill their own mothers to play the latest Mario Kart, as disappointing as it was.

I really don't believe CoD vita will be as successful as individuals think it will be, but I sure as well haven't preordered my one to play CoD.

The birth of video games on phone/tablet devices does not change the genre of "Handheld games" to "Mobile games"... it means that there are handheld games, and there are mobile games. While there isn't a huge difference, I think it's large enough to take note of.

Handheld gaming: Video games designed to emulate traditional gaming, but in a portable capacity without compromise (unless you count graphics). Complex story lines and large amounts of content is not uncommon.
Mobile gaming: Simplified, streamlined games designed for the sake of low prices and maximum sales. Touch-screen only for easy hands-on, pick up and play gaming in short bursts.

The primary need for this distinction is a) their vastly different markets and b) because mobile gaming is far removed from traditional, sit at your console/PC and play gaming. We are a long ways off from being able to emulate traditional gaming on a mobile platform.

*My signature from 2011 which I'm too lazy to change*

Currently awaiting the arrivals of:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Resident Evil: Revelations
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Beyond the Labyrinth
Heroes of Ruin
Luigi's Mansion 2