By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Its Over. Battlefied 3 is the new console king for graphics.

How about we wait till the end of the year before calling any game graphics king.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:
How about we wait till the end of the year before calling any game graphics king.

Or at least wait until all of these titles have released. 

Which is the end of the year...

NightAntilli said:
Uncharted graphics are so overrated..

*puts on flameshield*

I agree (somewhat). Uncharted has beautiful backgrounds/environments but the character models aren't that impressive. It's one of those games that look a hell lot better in motion than in screenshots.

I'd like to just point out that you showed us a trailer, it's mostly like been touched up in places and it's developed to market the best aspects of the game.

Also, if anyone's been keeping up with hands on impressions from both the press and the general public that has had their hands on the game, they've mostly come out and said that the console versions look like a slight advancement of BBC2, I'm mainly referring to Giant Bomb, Shack News, the IGN Podcast and people on Neogaf. The PC version is meant to be amazing, the console versions are meant to be just OK.

I'm not that interested in Battlefield 3, I'm a campaign man and I found the last games campaign to be pretty boring. Things may change later on.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:

Or at least wait until all of these titles have released. 

This.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

Lol you said the same thing about Crysis 2 and that was not the king. Nearly on par with Killzone but not Uncharted level.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

"I'm not that interested in Battlefield 3, I'm a campaign man and I found the last games campaign to be pretty boring. Things may change later on."

The campaign in Battlefield was imo always an extended Tutorial. I only play the campaign to make myself familiar with the weapons/vehicles/controls. I never even saw the campaign in BF 1942/BF2. The campaign in BFBC2 is boring indeed but I would never buy games like BF for the campaign. I totally understand your lack of interest in BF3.

Iveyboi said:
Lol you said the same thing about Crysis 2 and that was not the king. Nearly on par with Killzone but not Uncharted level.

IGN and many like it say different

It will be for a day, and then UC3 will arrive. :)

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

selnor said:

Check out this operation guilotine gameply played on the 360 version. 

That is unbelieveably good on console. Best there is.

wait... i thought that belonged to Alan Wake... i mean BulletStor... no Crysis 2, wait it Gears of War 3... err i mean Battlefield 3.

whats funny is just earlier today you said  "Graphics are null and void now. Everything looks the same quality to me these days."

so which is it selnor is another Standard Def (though obviously just ever soo slightly) game the graphics king, or do they all look the same. or do they only look the same when ps3 exclusives are mentioned.

by the way Battlefield looks frickin awesome, especially on PC (which obviously blows consoles out of the water), but even though on console it looks great, you can tell they had to scale things back, some things non multiplats wouldnt have to do.