By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Worldwide sales decreasing - Microsoft must react NOW!!!!

whatever said:
M$ simply needs a major price cut. If they are profitable at the current price levels, there is no reason they shouldn't cut $100 across all models. They came into this expecting to lose money on console sales to get market share. It seems they reversed course at some point, which is a bad idea.

A $250 premium would kill the PS3, at least in NA and Europe. This would then cause Nintendo to drop the Wii price also, further hurting PS3 sales.

I second that. But I don't think there's anything to worry about, Microsoft are not stupid, they have acces to sales numbers too, and they know their company, strategy and ecomnomics better than anyone else. They will surely react. 

2008 Predictions:

Wii: 44 Million
Xbox360: 25 Million
PS3: 22 Million

DS: 90 Million
PSP: 37 Million
Around the Network

The Xbox360 is in real need of a pricecut in Europe. £249.99 for a premium or £299.99 for a PS3 which doesn't break anywhere near as often, can play BR movies, free online play, includes Wi-Fi as standard, and comes with a charger for the controller. Lack of BC is irrelevant as the 360 can't play PS2 games either. The consumer can see all of this.

There's been a fair amount of advertising, in the UK atleast, for the PS3 - which is in stark contrast to the near total lack of advertisments for the 360. Can't say i've noticed MS making much of an effort on that front since the massive Halo3 campaign.

A drop to £199.99 for a premium, and some advertising, would certainly not go amiss. 

Baked to perfection.

Fryman9912 said:
You know, this was the first X-mas for the PS3 in the "others" part of the world, could that be the reason there was such a huge spike in sales over the past couple of weeks?

Agreed.  I do not know if Europeans are as into gift cards as we are in the US, but I would imagine that this past week's sales and perhaps this coming week's are going to reflect left over gift card sales for the PS3's first Euro xmas.  As complicated as it is to buy a PS/MS console now, I am sure a lot of parents/significant others wanted nothing to do with making the actual purchase for fear that they would buy the wrong one.  Of course this applies to the 360 as well, but I do not think nearly at the same level.

I think that MS needs to include the Wireless Adapter with the 360.

A price drop with Wi Fi in the box would surely help them.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It will work out.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Around the Network

Same bad week as the last one for MS, all over Europe. PS3 sales overpassed XBox360 sales again and with a good gap this time.

MS Europe MUST react now! Price cuts and new bundles must be introduced asap.

well no... if they do it now , it is no use who would know about the price cut? hardcore

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@ kirby, I agree no one would know about a price cut
But do you think if they dropped the price for GTA people would take notice?

I am just curious of your thoughts on the matter.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

No price cut, no HD driver for a new version of XBox 360. As the sales are now decreasing in the USA, how can MS maintain their lead now???

Still no reaction... so, what s the MS strategy for 2008??? :/

hmm gta is pretty casual or better said less hardcore
scrap that both gta appeals too alot of people

probably alot of people who don't own a hd console jet, so if they see a cheap hd console + gta => done deal

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.