By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Worldwide sales decreasing - Microsoft must react NOW!!!!

Microsoft is getting a more varied game selection, but I think alot of people don't realize it yet. Before Halo 3, the sales were mediocre at the best.

If they want big successes (like PS2), they really need a couple more exclusives from non FPS genres that have the same hype and success like Halo.

For a start, promote the jRPG lineup in the west. There are quite a few non-Japanese people that like those kind of games - maybe even more than the Japanese themselves in current trends. The only marketing I'm seeing so far for LO is word of mouth.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
Smidlee said:
As far as Blu-Ray vs HD DVD format my money is on Blu-Ray just because it's a cooler name.

That's the same reason why I favour it. C'mon! With a name like "Blu-Ray"? You're a sucker NOT to buy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

if you line up the sales charts from lounch the ps3 has been out selling the 360 :)

nacho805 said:
if you line up the sales charts from lounch the ps3 has been out selling the 360 :)

Barely...  more like neck and neck...  They have crossed lines several times...

This thread is all syntax, it makes no sense.

Around the Network

hd dvd is a better player just cause it actually plays regular dvd's and hd dvd's blueray dvd players can only play blue ray dvd's but for xbox to do this now will be suicide

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

BottledSpringWater said:
Smidlee said:
As far as Blu-Ray vs HD DVD format my money is on Blu-Ray just because it's a cooler name.

That's the same reason why I favour it. C'mon! With a name like "Blu-Ray"? You're a sucker NOT to buy it.

Of course. The europeans are the most 1337 and america got noobzors that don't buy "Blu-Ray"

I have mine PS3 and now my house emanates coolness.

Sorry i gotta go angelina jolie is calling, see u.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

scorptile said:
hd dvd is a better player just cause it actually plays regular dvd's and hd dvd's blueray dvd players can only play blue ray dvd's but for xbox to do this now will be suicide

what are you on about? they both play DVDs! and they both upscale DVDs too! is this really the state of ignorance?

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

They could always try one of their original ideas: Load the 360 with Windows and turn it into a fully fledged PC.

It has all manner or strategic advantages and disadvantages, but it certainly would boost hardware sales.

Formerly Bugmenot, (mostly) I'm now reformed and adopting a more concrete persona upon ioi's request.

I'm not new here and had 147 posts to my (our) name - not that anyone noticed.

I thought this was a thread about RROD returns ...