By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you want one of the big 3 to go the way of Sega, or want your preferred company to monopolize...

SEGA is coming back, they patiented controllers and memory cards and Ringwide arcade board is a prototype for a new console.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
SEGA is coming back, they patiented controllers and memory cards and Ringwide arcade board is a prototype for a new console.

Link or it never happened.

Nintendo is ruining the industry. Does this count as a well thought-out argument?

RolStoppable said:
Question to the original poster:

Was this thread inspired by my post in the Monster Hunter 4 not planned for Vita topic?

Maybe one of the post.  It more has to do with all the doom and gloom that fanboys on either side perpetuate on a start of a new generation.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

None of these options. What I want is a new white Sega powerful console system! And a new Panzer Dragoon title to launch with the console, not a rail-shooter like Orta but like Saga, an Action-jRPG title. I don't care about a Sega portable machine, not big fan of Game Gear, 3DS and Vita can make me happy.

A new Sega home system will be great for the industry. Don't think it's possible though, at least anytime soon.

/../

Around the Network

I have always prefered a single company and always liked to see that company succeed. But I must admit while I have wanted to see companies brought down a notch going the way of Sega I have never wished on any company.

I want to see all three manufacturers on equal playing field. I want to see a day when their market shares are almost identical and all three companies can produce the best games that they are capable of without worrying about having to compete with one another. It would be awsome if all three companies made billions and invested those billions back into the industry giving us more and more great games.

On a side note I want Sega to come back as well, I was heart broken when they went down. Despite not being my favorite company I liked their games and I loved how they contributed to the industry. Infact I even miss Atari and Intellivision and such. But of course we wouldn't have the market potential to support all these companies all having consoles.

So no I don't think any of the big three should go the way of Sega. With Apple coming in if the industry doesn't expand and companies start being threatened with bankrupcy I will obviously have my favorites that I don't want to see go down. But any of them going down would be a shame.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

well PC gaming would certainly see a boost if there was just one console left on the market and i like being able to watch movies and network stuff on my gaming system

its a tough business to stay on top of the console market and nintendo are mighty good at this,i don't want anyone to fail but it's business and if you get it wrong then you go byebye

i've seen it before and i'll see it again

Above & Beyond

NiKKoM said:
I just wanted to say for the 4 of us (they know who they are) ..we still believe in a Sega comeback.. B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

can we make that 5 of us??? 

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Immortal said:

I would like Sony and MS to leave the video gaming business. Why? So that gaming is left to companies that are (or, rather, have to be) entirely devoted to the industry. Stuff like Sony sacrificing its position in video gaming to help gather support for Bluray makes me realize that they have other priorities.
Whatever Nintendo does is what is, or at least what Nintendo believes is, good for gaming as a whole (as in, counting all those evil loserish casual grandmas and little kiddies). Sony and MS, on the other hand, may knowingly do something that is not in the industry's best interest because it's still beneficial to them for their company's other sectors.
Then again, it may just be that I'm a Nintendo fanboy who closemindedly disregards what the competition has to offer and wants them to burn.

Also, I really don't buy the "competition is good for you" argument. Nintendo wants to be successful and is largely unaffected by whether others in the industry are profiting or not. If left on their own, they'll keep on expanding the market, not rip off existing consumers. Offering a better deal is beneficial to Nintendo itself since it'll get them more consumers and, eventually, more profits. That's how I would see it, at least.

now wht i take from this post is the competition doesn't exist anyway cause Ninty does them regardless.

wht that means is that ninty has no competition but themselves. thats how i fill anyway.

ot: neither. while MS and Sony are each others own worse enemies, i'd say its made Sony stronger this gen and wht they've learn'd from this gen has passed down to vita making it a great product.

it seems Ninty fail's at learning lessens when there on top considering the reports of wiiu controler problems from dev's, 3ds less then impressive launch, and there fail'd focus on 3rd party or better put 3rd parties fail'd focus on 3ds. at this point i fear for wiiu. ninty needs to go back to wht made wii, nes, and snes so popular and the winners off there perspective gen's while keeping wiiu open to dev's.

MS and me have major problems when it comes to there consoles and software but MS PC's are still my PC's of choice(with a few exceptions) for PC gaming.

if apple jump'd in they would be the worse to work with as a console maker.

xinstantnoodlez said:
NiKKoM said:
I just wanted to say for the 4 of us (they know who they are) ..we still believe in a Sega comeback.. B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

can we make that 5 of us??? 

5.5 cause i'm conflicted.

sega is just building there ip so then can pick the right time to strike.