By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rise of Nightmares is a MAJOR flop - we need to talk about it

well since we're including hybrid games like Child of Eden, Mass Effect 3 and Halo will sell just fine and prove Kinect is for the hardcore. If people here can use ridiculous logic I suppose I can as well.

Around the Network

B-b-but MS is ignoring the core gamers and focusing on Kinect. That's what everyone kept saying for the last year or so, so it must be true. Being that MS has made this game a much higher profile release than they have GeoW3, Forza 4 and Halo Anniversary backs that up too, right?

Wait ... I am confooz ...

jonager said:
Wagram said:
RolStoppable said:
Wagram said:
So what? It got a 55%. My favorite game this generation got like a 60ish.

...and there you have it, folks. Wagram buys bad games, so everybody else is obligated to do the same.

Just because someone else thinks its bad doesn't mean I do. Reviewers opinions aren't the be all and end all.

what game is that wagram?

The Last Remnant.

Edouble24 said:
well since we're including hybrid games like Child of Eden, Mass Effect 3 and Halo will sell just fine and prove Kinect is for the hardcore. If people here can use ridiculous logic I suppose I can as well.

Child of Eden is not a hybrid...it's either all or nothing for that game.

Edouble24 said:

dont stoop to that level

Around the Network
Wagram said:
jonager said:
Wagram said:
RolStoppable said:
Wagram said:

...and there you have it, folks. Wagram buys bad games, so everybody else is obligated to do the same.

Just because someone else thinks its bad doesn't mean I do. Reviewers opinions aren't the be all and end all.

The Last Remnant.

ohh, ive been wanting to play that game for a long time.i'll give it a try soon. and the lost odessy too

jonager said:
Wagram said:
jonager said:
Wagram said:
RolStoppable said:
Wagram said:

The Last Remnant.

ohh, ive been wanting to play that game for a long time.i'll give it a try soon. and the lost odessy too

It's a great game. It has technical problems (unless you play on PC) but that didn't bother me. I loved the gameplay. Definitely one of the funner and harder games of the gen.

oniyide said:
Edouble24 said:

dont stoop to that level

Why not? The topic creator can't actually be serious, so we all might as well say stupid stuff. 

Edouble24 said:
One poorly marketed game with a 55% average selling poorly doesn't mean anything. There isn't any deeper meaning to a poor game selling poorly.

Poorly marketed?  I've been seeing a bunch of commercials for this game every night for the past couple weeks.  They were really pushing this game.  I think this just further shows that Kinect's appeal has and is starting to wearing off.  And people who think Kinect and 360 are going to see a repeat of last year's Christmas without some decent pricecuts across the board are just fooling themselves.

well Kinect is wht. just over 10m units or so. why should an average looking game sell more? 360 owners are playing black ops so they need nothing average getting in there way.