By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Confirmed: Monster Hunter 4 not planned for PSVita

Icyedge said:
DélioPT said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
DélioPT said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
DélioPT said:
If this is confirmed by Capcom itself it will be really surprising!

with 5m sold in japan alone yes bit would be.

It gets even more surprising when you see this possible 3DS esclusive deal in light of 3DS lack of success and some games being delayed because of 3DS performance.
If i`m not mistaken this is Capcom`s biggest franchise in Japan in a console that did not yet show it can reach it`s potential. If true, this truly is a megaton announcement! :D

i'm sure theres a backup plan? on second thought i doubt it. maybe Sony will get the next one exclusive. then again they siad it wasn't paid exclusive (but you and i know better)so imaybe we'll see it with in the next yr?

yea this is sad.

Maybe they didn`t pay for exclusivity for probably offered other incentives or maybe Capcom just wanted to change strategies.
Some people here are talking about a MH4G that may come out, so, who knows? Nothing is confirmed so far.
Capcom said RE4 would be GC exclusive and in the end PS2 got it`s own version!

Wouldn`t it be funny if MH went to 3DS and the Dragon Quest 11 went Vita`s way? That would be really weird! :D

Maybe, lets just take a look at the second analog accessory. Depending on what Capcom negociated to bundle and market it, we might have a major incentive right here. Basicaly, its Capcom that will sell them for Nintendo. It might even be Nintendo, following the early 3DS sales, who decided to update to a second stick making a deal up with Capcom. In any case, they are playing their cards right in securing this exclusivity in Japan.

So, in a way, Capcom`s profits could rise because of them selling the accessory? Hope i am reading you correctly.

Around the Network

sucks that mh will have to be held a generation.

i wonder how much its going to sell, also how much it would have sold on both platforms. the only way i see this being a good move for pacman is because of the dev costs for vita, or because ninty decided to use some money.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I wonder if its ok to downright state its a 3ds exclusive in the title. This guy seems to be doing it.
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28861073/monster-hunter-4-confirmed-to-be-3ds-exclusive-gamespot-interview-confirmation?&topic_id=28861073&tag=stitialclk%3Bforums

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

DélioPT said:
Icyedge said:
DélioPT said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
DélioPT said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
DélioPT said:
If this is confirmed by Capcom itself it will be really surprising!

with 5m sold in japan alone yes bit would be.

It gets even more surprising when you see this possible 3DS esclusive deal in light of 3DS lack of success and some games being delayed because of 3DS performance.
If i`m not mistaken this is Capcom`s biggest franchise in Japan in a console that did not yet show it can reach it`s potential. If true, this truly is a megaton announcement! :D

i'm sure theres a backup plan? on second thought i doubt it. maybe Sony will get the next one exclusive. then again they siad it wasn't paid exclusive (but you and i know better)so imaybe we'll see it with in the next yr?

yea this is sad.

Maybe they didn`t pay for exclusivity for probably offered other incentives or maybe Capcom just wanted to change strategies.
Some people here are talking about a MH4G that may come out, so, who knows? Nothing is confirmed so far.
Capcom said RE4 would be GC exclusive and in the end PS2 got it`s own version!

Wouldn`t it be funny if MH went to 3DS and the Dragon Quest 11 went Vita`s way? That would be really weird! :D

Maybe, lets just take a look at the second analog accessory. Depending on what Capcom negociated to bundle and market it, we might have a major incentive right here. Basicaly, its Capcom that will sell them for Nintendo. It might even be Nintendo, following the early 3DS sales, who decided to update to a second stick making a deal up with Capcom. In any case, they are playing their cards right in securing this exclusivity in Japan.

So, in a way, Capcom`s profits could rise because of them selling the accessory? Hope i am reading you correctly.

Yes thats exactly what im saying. Ironically, it might actually be the fact Vita already has a second stick that the new monster hunter isnt going to that platform LOL.

Smart move by Capcom as much as some may begrudge them for it. Monster Hunter 3G will establish the base on 3DS while Monster Hunter 4 will benefit. I think the sales will be down slightly from the PSP games because of the difference in install base.

Basically Capcom wants to maximize sales at minimum cost, the 3DS is obviously cheaper to develop for and they can still make new games and sell them as such. Poor HD consoles will have to sit out on them until at least a Wii U version. I'm pretty sure Capcom would release Monster HUnter on the Gameboy if it was viable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Nowhere does the original quote confirm that MH4 is not coming to Vita, how is this confirmed?

mibuokami said:
Nowhere does the original quote confirm that MH4 is not coming to Vita, how is this confirmed?

it just is IT JUST IS now stfu damnit!!

Chrizum said:
mibuokami said:

My sarcasm detector has been broken for months, please speak not in riddle and only 4-real me on the interweb.

Thx.

mibuokami said:
Chrizum said:
mibuokami said:

My sarcasm detector has been broken for months, please speak not in riddle and only 4-real me on the interweb.

Thx.

What I meant is that I have not the faintest idea.

Chrizum said:
mibuokami said:
Chrizum said:
mibuokami said:

Thx.

What I meant is that I have not the faintest idea.

I am quoting to without any purpose or contribution to this thread. I estimate that I am providing more valueble information with this none-post than 80% of the post in this thread.

Ah screw it.

The coupe here is that 3DS will definitely get a brand new portable MH out at least a year ahead of the Vita. This is a huge win for Nintendo Japan and definitely an attempt by Nintendo to reach out to the existing PSP userbase in an effort to convert them to the 3DS rather than allow them transition to the Vita.

How much this will eat into the eventual sale of a Vita MH is anyone's guess. Considering MH's core audience seems to be remarkably stable from iteration to iteration, it would be interesting to see if they would follow the series from PSP to 3DS and back to Vita again if given the opportunity.

Discuss.