By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Confirmed: Monster Hunter 4 not planned for PSVita

Soriku said:

Another update:

http://andriasang.com/comy7q/

Sony Boss: No Current Plans For New PlayStation Monster Hunter

30 min. ago / Anoop Gantayat
Capcom surprised everyone with the announcement of Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS on Tuesday.

A few days prior to the start of the Tokyo Game Show, Capcom announced Monster Hunter 4 as a 3DS title. A big coup for Nintendo, or is this going to be another example of Capcom's multiplatform strategy?

Based off comments from Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president Hiroshi Kawano, it looks like Monster Hunter 4 really is a 3DS exclusive. During an interview following Sony's pre Tokyo Game Show press conference, Reuters Japan asked Kawano if a new Monster Hunter will be released for Sony systems. "At present, there is no talk of a new Monster Hunter coming to PlayStation," replied Kawano.

The Monster Hunter series saw its greatest success on PlayStation Portable, with each installment selling upwards of four million copies. Earlier this year, Sony used Monster Hunter Portable 3G to show off PlayStation Vita's backwards compatibility with PSP titles.

i was going to agree with your post above this one but ouch, this is worded much more directly.  so here's the thing...if it is an exclusive to the 3DS why the heck didn't nintendo say that.  cause that is huuuuge, and you'd think they'd want everyone one know that if you want to play MH you have to get a 3DS.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
RolStoppable said:
That's totally awesome. I have no intention to buy or even play this game, because Monster Hunter is a repetitive grindfest, but as long as it hurts Sony I am happy.

I don't really understand that mentality but ok.

I don't either, for any company that is.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

kitler53 said:
Soriku said:

Another update:

http://andriasang.com/comy7q/

Sony Boss: No Current Plans For New PlayStation Monster Hunter

30 min. ago / Anoop Gantayat
Capcom surprised everyone with the announcement of Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS on Tuesday.

A few days prior to the start of the Tokyo Game Show, Capcom announced Monster Hunter 4 as a 3DS title. A big coup for Nintendo, or is this going to be another example of Capcom's multiplatform strategy?

Based off comments from Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president Hiroshi Kawano, it looks like Monster Hunter 4 really is a 3DS exclusive. During an interview following Sony's pre Tokyo Game Show press conference, Reuters Japan asked Kawano if a new Monster Hunter will be released for Sony systems. "At present, there is no talk of a new Monster Hunter coming to PlayStation," replied Kawano.

The Monster Hunter series saw its greatest success on PlayStation Portable, with each installment selling upwards of four million copies. Earlier this year, Sony used Monster Hunter Portable 3G to show off PlayStation Vita's backwards compatibility with PSP titles.

i was going to agree with your post above this one but ouch, this is worded much more directly.  so here's the thing...if it is an exclusive to the 3DS why the heck didn't nintendo say that.  cause that is huuuuge, and you'd think they'd want everyone one know that if you want to play MH you have to get a 3DS.

It's Super Secret Nintendo Master Troll Plan saved in Miyamoto's Laptop next to the Zelda timeline. They don't announce as a exclusive, leaves a multiplatform posibility up in the air, release as a exclusive and crush dreams slowly. Yep, its such a cruel fate.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

New home???? I don't get this bullshit. MH isn't a sony franchise.

Only reason it was on PSP was due to DS not being powerful enough and consoles being too expensive to develop for.

People are fucking stupid these days. PSP =/= Vita.

Why didn't Capcom make Tri a PS3 game? Because the wii es easier and cheaper to develop for.

Capcom care about money. They don't give a shit about Sony.

---

Lord_Yggdrassil said:
New home???? I don't get this bullshit. MH isn't a sony franchise.

Only reason it was on PSP was due to DS not being powerful enough and consoles being too expensive to develop for.

People are fucking stupid these days. PSP =/= Vita.

Why didn't Capcom make Tri a PS3 game? Because the wii es easier and cheaper to develop for.

Capcom care about money. They don't give a shit about Sony.

... Well, that's how I'd imagine quite a few posters in this thread reacting, anyway.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
DélioPT said:
If this is confirmed by Capcom itself it will be really surprising!

with 5m sold in japan alone yes bit would be.

It gets even more surprising when you see this possible 3DS esclusive deal in light of 3DS lack of success and some games being delayed because of 3DS performance.
If i`m not mistaken this is Capcom`s biggest franchise in Japan in a console that did not yet show it can reach it`s potential. If true, this truly is a megaton announcement! :D

Honestly , i never knew people in the west cared about this franchise, i get the feeling that only the people on this forum bought it.

i just don't get the Sony meltdowns and 3DS bragging, are you guys going to buy it either way?

kivi95 said:
morenoingrato# I no that capcom own the franchise but most of their fans are on the sony side. So to just leave them out pisses me off. If it would have been multplattform i wouln't have cared but now...

Their fans are on the Sony side because that's where the game is. Game moves, they move. DQ fans by and large had no problem stomaching the franchise returning to Nintendo, and FF fans handily followed the franchise away to PlayStation

Manufacturer zealots like myself and many around here are rare, and in no way indicative of the market

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

RolStoppable said:
That's totally awesome. I have no intention to buy or even play this game, because Monster Hunter is a repetitive grindfest, but as long as it hurts Sony I am happy.

Bribed the mods again Rol?

DélioPT said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
DélioPT said:
If this is confirmed by Capcom itself it will be really surprising!

with 5m sold in japan alone yes bit would be.

It gets even more surprising when you see this possible 3DS esclusive deal in light of 3DS lack of success and some games being delayed because of 3DS performance.
If i`m not mistaken this is Capcom`s biggest franchise in Japan in a console that did not yet show it can reach it`s potential. If true, this truly is a megaton announcement! :D

i'm sure theres a backup plan? on second thought i doubt it. maybe Sony will get the next one exclusive. then again they siad it wasn't paid exclusive (but you and i know better)so imaybe we'll see it with in the next yr?

yea this is sad.