By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Opinions on Umbrella Chronicles

It seems that the opinions on Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles vary widely. It doesn't seem to get a lot of attention, and while the reviews are generally positive, sevens and eights are not quite enthusiastic grades IMO. Personally, I love the game - it has a lot of depth and replay value, two player mode is fun, and it looks fairly good. It is also quite challenging to complete, tempting the hardcore gamer inside me. Plus that it gives someone like me who was too young at the time to play the original games a good impression of their general storyline. The negative sides: it suffers by comparison against RE4, and while that game was sometimes slightly scary, Chronicles never actually scared me. I heard that the Zapper controls suck, but I didn't have any problems playing it with a normal Wiimote. My question: what do you think of this game, and why?

I drink your milkshake.

Around the Network

Very average.

I love it. It wasn't that scary, wasn't really meant to be in my opinion. It was a trip down nostalgia lane for my friends, not so much me, as I still haven't played Resident Evil 1 or 3...but I got this game and loved it, save for the Red Queen crap they threw in...movie tie-ins = bad.

The flashlight portions were pretty kickass, and the Wesker chapters were sweet. And man...I love the sound of the Magnum revolver reloading coming out of the Wiimote hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I love it too, great game overall and fixes a lot of problems of past on-rail shooters.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

I'm not a fan of light gun games but I am a fan of the Resident Evil series so the two kind of average out for me. Every reason I like the game relates to it being a Resident Evil game. It's cool to replay levels I played years ago in the previous games from a new perspective. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't much care for the game.

It does have one thing that is somewhat annoying, why does the screen have to wobble constantly? I haven't played many light gun games or played them much but I don't recall that in other light gun games (I could be wrong though).

Also I consider it a downpayment for getting RE5, RE5:subplot, or RE6 on the Wii.

Around the Network

only currently on scenario 3 and haven't unlocked the fourth yet but really enjoying it - great 2 player game.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

I'm on scenario 2, and I really don't like the game. I think that it is a poor use of the lisence, but it's fun to see old locations in the game to reminisce.

Does Umbrella Chronicles use a calibration system to allow 1 to 1 targeting? i was thinking about getting this to play with my fiance.

I've heard a lot more raving about RE4 Wii edition than I have for Umbrella Chronicles, but from what I've heard, RE4 Wii is single player only? Am I understanding that right?

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

RE4 Wii is singleplayer yes, but it doesn't lessen the experience any and tbh it wouldn't work as a Multiplayer.

RE:UC is a great 2 player romp though, and don't worry about 1 on 1 targetting or any calibration, it's simple use of an on screen cursor to aim with. Very accurate too.

Overall I'm loving Umbrella Chronicles, theres a hell of alot of replayability in there, and it is a nice fan service from Capcom too, there's plenty to be happy about with it.

I hadn't considered it til I heard it was on rails. I might check it out after Ghost Squad and House of the Dead.