By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If the Wii never existed, what would the market look like?

Would the PS3 or Xbox be getting insane amounts of sales? To all you Wii owners out there-- if your system didnt' exist, would you get an Xbox instead? or the PS3? Why?

Where would the 10 million or so people go to play their games? (assuming 8 million people own both Wii + another next-gen system) What would the market look like? 

If I didn't have my Wii, I probably would have waited for the PS3 to be under 300 before I even thought about buying it.

Around the Network

I'd still be waiting for price cuts, a wider choice of games and more stable hardware before making a decision but the fact that Microsoft charge for XBL and all their problems would strongly push me towards a PS3. Having said that I wouldn't buy one unless it was backwards compatible (currently not available in Europe) so perhaps I wouldn't have ended up buying a console at all this generation.

hmm hard question , would there be another nintendo console?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

People who bought a Wii at $250 either own a PS3/XBox 360, or they wouldn't have considered a $400 gaming system ...

Rather than having news stories about how amazingly popular the Wii was this year, we would be discussing the death (and eventual collapse) of the home console market due to the slow sales of the PS3 and XBox 360.

I would've sticked with PC only.

Around the Network

If the Wii wasn't out. I still wouldn't have a console, and likely would still be playing PS2 games till a backwords compatable version of the PS3 was around 250, or i ran outta PS2 games. Or untill someone gave me a 360 or PS3, just how i was given a Wii.

I imagine it'd be the same way with most people. The 360 and PS3 i imagine would be about as popular as they are now...

with the DS being more popular since all the Nintendo devleopment teams would of been making games on that.

Actually I might of bought a PSP slim if i didn't have a Wii.

Now later on, I think you could see a difference, when the 360 and PS3 hit their magic pricepoints for their average models and there isn't as much of a market as expected because the wii has already cleared out a large number of cheapskates.

If Wii didn't exist I would probably own a 360 by now, because it is cheaper then the PS3 and currently has more and better games.

However I do have a Wii and for a very long time will probably only have a Wii.

XBox 360, cause I would.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I would be waiting for price to get lower for the higher end versions.

I might have bought a 360, but due to the failures probably just wait until it is either solved or the PS3 is sub $300.

I would only have PC games for now.

The market would be on a very bad situation. I don't think the sales of 360/ps3 would be much better

I would play only in my PC, perhaps i would get a ps2 and a DS to keep me busy.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"